Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

When We Fled (Barigii aan Qaxnay)

Abtigiis   

Somalis share common language, religion, culture (relatively), and looks (sort of). But narrating the calamity of the last two decades provides a glimpse of the lack of shared history and future. Here is what barigii aan qaxnay means to different sections of the Somali people:

Reer-waqooyi (Slanders) : 1988

**** united : 1990

The farmers in Mogadishu (Yallaxoow et al) : When Aideed chased Ali Mahdi

Maadeey’s anarchists: 2006 when Ethiopian troops chased them (in whatever façade they were, ICU etc) away from most of Mogadishu

Azanians: When Aideed took Kismaayo

Disco and Meringue (*****): When USC captured Baidoa

Puntlanders: Early 1980s when Siyad cleansed them

******: When Cigaal’s maryo-alool effectively won the war

Khatumites: When Las-Anod fell

Abwaan and Barre Hiiraale twice: 1990 as part of the ****; again, when Hassan Turki took Kismayo

Makhiiris: Whenever there is no more enough fish stock in the sea due to foreign vessles and they have to cross to Oman or Yemen. Tan waxaa igu yidhi Hunguri (nomad). :D

Carafaat   

Looool@ Disco and Meringue.

Somali oo dhan dhib wee so gaartay. It seems the cycle is full, or like my uncle says 'inkaarteeni ayaa ku dhacday'. :D

Si daacad ah, Ha la isu samaxo!!

Abtigiis   

They did, if you know the history. They were routed. Not that they are not the better fighters, but they are not trained in mechanized warfare. kooda dhinaca technikda ugu fiican darawal gawaadhiga qaadka ayuu gaadhay, markaa they could not use technicals and armoured tanks. The other side did and the rest was a complete rout.

Abtigiis   

No coofle. My folks the O's never use the term barigii aan qaxnay. For them, it is barigii aan dagnay (which are not many days). Waligood ba waa qaxooti so they do not really count the days of displacement. They are in perpetual trekking!!

Wadani   

Ok abtigiis i cant argue with facts, but im glad u acknowldge who the better fighters are :) But alhamdulillah all of that is all behind us now. I just hope i can say the same for Somalia in the coming months, things are looking pretty good so far.

Nonsense on abtigis part no one fled cigaal was forced. To sign a peace deal after he could not win the war ma anago nool ba taarikda been laga sheegeya

wyre   

Abtigiis;840996 wrote:
No coofle. My folks the O's never use the term barigii aan qaxnay. For them, it is
barigii aan dagnay
(which are not many days). Waligood ba waa qaxooti so they do not really count the days of displacement. They are in perpetual trekking!!

That's It :D

Lool @ Abtigis, Shida badanaa, xataa the secessionist clan ayuu isku diray :D , as if what he writes on these boards, even in pursuit of humor, matters a great deal to them. Waar nimanyahow grow up oo ka baxa Cigaal baa adkaaya iyo Garjixis aya adkaatay.

Indeed barigii aan qaxnay was 1990's for me, what a sad year that was, Alhamdulilah inuu ilahay naga soo badbaadiyay.

Abtigiis;840981 wrote:

Makhiiris:
Whenever there is no more enough fish stock in the sea due to foreign vessles and they have to cross to Oman or Yemen. Tan waxaa igu yidhi Hunguri (nomad).
:D

;););)

I heard the Maakhirian elders once went to Siyad Barre and he asked them what shall I do for your community? they replied we want a fish factory, Siyaad was bemused by their humble request and when they left he looked at his companions and said, " Waligey kuwanoo kale ma arag, war wuxu kalluun jeclaa";) thats when they got the Lasqorey Tuna factory.