Somalia

Edna Aden Ismail Says All Somalis Terrorists

Aaliyyah   

Ace of Spadez

1- The issue of Alshabab can very much be dealt with internally within Somaliland. Lets not kid ourselves, SL is made up of a clan, and the advantage of a clan is conflict resolution. These waqooyi men who are leading Alshabab are from your region, hence your one-clan maamul should play an important role in putting stop to this alshabab movement. Or, does the continuous demise in Hamar work for SL. After all here is Edna crying to the international world telling them Somalis are Alshabab “ who in the right mind wants to unite with Alshabab”. Does she really think SL will get recognition by labeling all Somalis as terrorists? What is more baffling is her none too subtle threat of how young people from her region will become terrorists if they don’t get recognition? Walahi this is too funny and sad at the same time.

2- Awdal has the right for self-determination so they can have a representation in the Somali federal parliament. So I state that SL should refrain from “suppressing” that. I have seen those demonstrations in Borame where the reer awdal civilians had the Somali flag along with the Awdal flag, those people believe in unity. Reer Awdal have the right to decide their future. They have chosen both within Somalia and abroad to establish their state :Awdal State of Somalia, and every Somali out there who has a mind and who is not blinded by his clan’s interests would support them.

3- The Khaatumo issue hits home. Lascaanod have never supported your one-clan state.

As for Buuhodle? tell me what your qabiil militia are doing in Sooljoogto and continuously warring with reer Buuhodle?? Your SL militia has no place in Laascaanod, Buuhodle, or any region within Khaatumo. The facts are that SL are wrongly in other people’s territories and are trying to force them on an ideology they would never entertain. Reer Khaatumo will never secede from the rest of the Somalis. Your folks are on their own with this nonsense of seceding from Somalia.

4- This point was not the only one that went over your head. Your folks are not standing outside of the conflicts within Somalia and looking from far and shaking their head at the other Somalis as your eedo Edna was doing in the video. But, your one-clan maamul is part of the problem. Do not try to point fingers at other Somalis and act like you have it all figured out and that everyone else is part of the problem but not SL. Your so called “Somaliland” are causing havoc and continuous war against their neighbors in the north, not to mention the men who hail from their region that are leading Al-shabab. If anything SL play a greater role in the problem than anyone else. The card of always pointing fingers at other Somalis does not cut it. Edna pointed out that there are terrorists and pirates in Somalia, well I must add that there are also secessionists in the boiling pot of Somalia. After all that is the full picture of what is going on in SOMALIA.

Ace of Spadez;840916 wrote:
Che, are you denying that lack of de jure recognition has not affected Somaliland's economic potential? Is it not true a number of youth from Somaliland were enticed to join Al-Shabab. One of the most interesting cases is the former Somaliland's Financ minister's Son died in the wars for Islamic Courts, yet the person who declared Jihad is the President of Somalia hiding behind AMISOM. Were there not bombing in Hargeisa financed by Al-Shabab using some local residents in Somaliland? The risk is there. I think she also should have mentioned that if you do not allow people to live in their communities and homes with their rights to exist, they will continue to come into Europe illegally. It is in Europe's best interest to a) give Somaliland de jure recognition and b) help Somalia find peace. Piracy, Terrorism and Illegal Immigration would be significantly reduced which what Europe wants.

I think basic question here is how does Somalia's troubles hinder Somaliland's pursuit for recognition? And how wise is it to continue using Somalia's sad state as tool to further Somaliland's agenda.

You stated Somaliland has done nothing negative to Somalia in the two past decades, I think it's fair to assume Somalia was and is no position to impede Somaliland progress, is it any longer relevant to use Somalia as contrast in order to achieve that coveted recognition?

Abwaan   

Xaaji Xunjuf;840830 wrote:
Lets say the late Cigaal was responsible for the short clashes in Somaliland what does that have to do with Edna adan since when is Edna adan Cigaal. Sorry i don't see the logic behind you're argument. Here is the problem with you in Somaliland they don't blame their problems on others i have never seen a Somalilander blaming the clashes in-between 1994 and1996 on Koonfurians?

That was your claim and I said there were. Here is the proof for you : (check at 2:00)

It is hard to believe that you missed this.:D

Abtigiis   

A blatant lie!! Edna says 'we were told recognition is coming. We heard i in 93, in 2002 etc." who told her?? We did not hear it.

Abtigiis   

Waxay habeenkii saameeylka nafta ku sasabto ayey ku leedahay we heard it. I thought she is a little bit more intelligent than this!!

Abwaan   

Abtigiis;840926 wrote:
A blatant lie!! Edna says 'we were told recognition is coming. We heard i in 93, in 2002 etc." who told her?? We did not hear it.

lol....Waa runtaa anba waan la yaabay, wixii ay iyagu isku sheegi jireen bay moodeen in loo sheego.:D

Abtigiis   

Abwaan;840931 wrote:
lol....Waa runtaa anba waan la yaabay, wixii ay iyagu isku sheegi jireen bay moodeen in loo sheego.
:D

:D :D :D :D loooooooooooool. It shows the national psychosis in somaliland.

Abwaan, xog hadda aan helay waxay leeyihiin islaanta waa runteed oo arimahaas waa loo sheegay. Waxaa u sheegay Xaaji Xundjuf! :D

A_Khadar   

Adna's stand is not isolated but many elites from the north clan believe... The man from this video says, "We shouldn't even call "walaalaheen" for southerners..

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

^^ A khadar that's Muhammad hashi Ilmi he is talking about the talks with Somalia he raising his opinion as a Somalilander and is advising the government of Somaliland. There are people in Somaliland who believe they shouldn't absolutely share anything with Somalia not even neighborly ties and or diplomatic relations.There are people who want to see a big wall in-between Somaliland and Somalia and than there are people who want to have good relations with Somalia.Nevertheless the man in the video his son died in 2007 when fighting against the Abyssinians in Mogadishu so people are divided on this. So there are people who feel the same way about Somaliland in Somalia so this is not something new.

A_Khadar   

^^ Good justification... Awoowe, it's not a big issue if normal and every day people, me and you believe one thing or another, but it's sad if elites and those in the position where people listen and follow do smear such a hate between Somalis just to advance their personal interests like Adna, Waraabe and this man in the video.. Same to say the other side also.. XX, denounce such thing where you see them instead of justifying!

A_Khadar;841919 wrote:
^^ Good justification... Awoowe, it's not a big issue if normal and every day people, me and you believe one thing or another, but it's sad if elites and those in the position where people listen and follow do smear such a hate between Somalis just to advance their personal interests like Adna, Waraabe and this man in the video.. Same to say the other side also.. XX, denounce such thing where you see them instead of justifying!

There is no such thing as personal interests Muhammad hashi is 72 years old he played a significant role in the war for independence and he is entitled to his own opinion. He believes he is securing Somaliland interests the way he thinks Somaliland should deal with Somalia. This doesn't necessarily mean its the correct way,currently he doesn't hold any political position thus his tittle is that of an elder in Somaliland.