Sign in to follow this  
Somali philosopher

Somali race Settled

burahadeer;838897 wrote:
the whole world is obsessed specially with somali genetics.It's the most studied ethnic group in genetic circles today.Autosomal ,the most reknowned is currently working on somali hair to settle that we r the early egyptians once & for all.Go to utube & google,you will see there's hot debate on who r somalis everywhere from nazi sites to african blogs.Why ? cos they african who don't look otha africans even ethiopians to large extent.It's accepted we the mother of E1b1b1..those who carry r men like Hitler,Napolean,Einstein,Right brothers (who invented aeroplanes) and obama.The somalid race is scientific today(from 1/2 of europe thru N.Africa into asia & the horn).It's unique race that people coming into grips with now.

nothing racist about...valid question why we r different from otha africans .

Even Tomas Jefferson is E1B1B1 its not the only haplogroup in Somaliland/Somalia T1 and J2 is also found. But the Somalid race is very interesting, because people from Italy also carry that same haplagroup and ancient Nubians.

I find it also strange when African Americans say that they are black, what the hell is black its because they don't know their ancestry. I never seen an Italian saying that he is white he will say he is a Roman an Englishmen would say he is an Anglo Saxon. The people from Deutschland would say that they are from the German tribes. Than they would just say that they are African they think Africa is some small village Africa is the world's second largest and second-most populous continent in the world. A person from Botswana is a person from Botswana a person from Angola is an Angolan an Egyptian is an Egyptian. There are different peoples living in Africa different ethnicities different religions, there are different languages different culture and traditions different history be more specific ilma dhal madoobe from America next time.

Xaaji Xunjuf;838971 wrote:
Even Tomas Jefferson is E1B1B1 is not the only haplogroup in Somaliland/Somalia T1 and J2 is also found. But the Somalid race is very interesting, because people from Italy also carry that same haplagroup and ancient Nubians.

J in somalia is only 3%,actually europeans have more J than us like 4 to 10% but still that don't make thm arab. T in somalia is around 10% but believe it,still highest in the world.But the most important is E1b1b1.We r E1b1b1 m35,berbers r second with 87,so we r the parent.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t554149/

read this thread,will give you good understanding.

Yes u are correct the T1 is around 20% J2 is small the smaller communities around the coast carry it and they carry E1B1B1 and only with different markers. Actually J1 and J2 is originally from Russia. only 10% of the saudis carry the J2 haplagroup also Irish people carry the J2, Burahadeer waxad ino baadha the asian hindida iyo indhoyarta. Did you know the Somalis from the lower shabelle some of them carry the R2 haplogroup.

@XX.........haven't read much of these asiatic groups but as stated below M1 from mother side came from India.But still back migration to africa as they first left east africa.

mtDNA

According to mtDNA studies by Holden (2005) and Richards et al. (2006), a significant proportion of the maternal lineages of Somalis consists of the M1 haplogroup,[75][76] which is common among Ethiopians and North Africans, particularly Egyptians and Algerians.[77][78] M1 is believed to have originated in Asia,[79] where its parent M clade represents the majority of mtDNA lineages[80] (particularly in India).[81] This haplogroup is also thought to possibly correlate with the Afro-Asiatic language family:[76]

"We analysed mtDNA variation in ~250 persons from Libya, Somalia, and Congo/Zambia, as representatives of the three regions of interest. Our initial results indicate a sharp cline in M1 frequencies that generally does not extend into sub-Saharan Africa. While our North and especially East African samples contained frequencies of M1 over 20%, our sub-Saharan samples consisted almost entirely of the L1 or L2 haplogroups only. In addition, there existed a significant amount of homogeneity within the M1 haplogroup. This sharp cline indicates a history of little admixture between these regions. This could imply a more recent ancestry for M1 in Africa, as older lineages are more diverse and widespread by nature, and may be an indication of a back-migration into Africa from the Middle East."[76]

A Somali schoolgirl.

Another mtDNA study indicates that:

"Somali, as a representative East African population, seem to have experienced a detectable amount of Caucasoid maternal influence... the proportion m of Caucasoid lineages in the Somali is m = 0.46 [46%]... Our results agree with the hypothesis of a maternal influence of Caucasoid lineages in East Africa, although its contribution seems to be higher than previously reported in mtDNA studies."[82]

Overall, these genetic studies conclude that Somalis and their fellow Ethiopian and Eritrean Northeast African populations represent a unique and distinct biological group on the continen

[[[the proportion m of Caucasoid lineages in the Somali is m = 0.46 [46%]... Our results agree with the hypothesis of a maternal influence of Caucasoid lineages in East Africa, although its contribution seems to be higher than previously reported in mtDNA studies]]]

was always wondering why sisters r lighter than their brothers in many cases:confused:

Garnaqsi   

grasshopper;839003 wrote:
I'm doing him a favour - he needs to know that was tough to listen to with all those unnecessary pauses between words.

Indeed. I started watching the video earlier but gave up after a while.

Marksman   

burahadeer;839002 wrote:
...was always wondering why sisters r lighter than their brothers in many cases:confused:

It may also have to do with natural selection with men in the past choosing the lighter skinned females over the dark(er) skinned females. This is merely a guess of mine. Of course there is a variety of color types in Somalia today, but it is very noticeable that Somali women overall are lighter skinned than Somali men.

I think Somalis are a race on their own called the Somalids and speak a Cushitic Afro Asiatic language. The world is not black, white or yellow as some may want to simplify it.

Countries With the Best-Looking Locals.

http://guides.travel.msn.com//Guides/MSNTravelSlideShow.aspx?cp-documentid=1089229&imageindex=6

Coofle   

Somalis are unique Ethnicity but not a race,,,,

I don't need genetics to know weather someone is Somali or not...Three pieces of information determine weather someone is Somali or not.

1- physical looks of the person

2-Qabiilkiisa

3-Dhaqankiisa , His culture and manners...

We are Somalis by those three things,,While not forgetting we are Muslims... A man in the countryside of between Diridhaba and Ayshica was once asked "Soomaalidu waa ayo?" he audaciously replied "aado soomalidu Waa intii muslin ah"

Qabiil is the most important, Followed by physical looks lastly culture and manners...

somalid race is those carrying your genes from way back 1000s yrs ago.....across oceans,not necessarily look alike,speak same language or religion.

Dont believe in the bs that u see on Youtube....Y-DNA tells the story of a straight paternal line only. If u have read about world population migration all the way from Kalahari desert to Australia, then u will realize or understand of the eastern african population background.

Bushmen_kalahari_safari_botswana_reis-1.

Mixed by the sailors who has been visiting the somali coast since the pharohs & China's dynasty, u get now mutts called somalis. I remember, my junior hischool, our family was living in mainly pacific islander community in Cali....Some how, all my friends become the Samoans! I have never heard of samoans till they asked me day if i Samoan. I had no clue...they had no clue wtf somali is!!

Then one morning when i got to school, my Samoan buddies started yelling at me about the black hawk down incident....u mofos r bad!! At first i had no clue wtf they were talking about since i dont watch news. Then next nite...i saw wtf they were talking about!!

800px-Samoan_family_c_1909.jpg

A kenyan friend gave me this movie on dvd.....i still havent watched the whole thing!! I just fall sleep when i watch movies!! lol

Well, i am a proud nigga.