Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Question for the Somalilanders

Lets say if it was 1981 again and knowing all the problems the people of Somaliland were facing at that period of time. But lets just say had we known what we know today and the current political situation and problems in Somalia and Somaliland. Do you think the Somalilanders would've done the exact same thing or perhaps a different route to achieve their goals.

Carafaat   

If you look back at Somalia's crumbling economy back then and its wicked policies and goverment budget which went for the biggest part to security. Then one would expect that the regime would have crumbled by itself or a succesful coupe d'etats would take place.

SNM and SSDF wee deg degeen. No question about that. Afcourse, its easy to judge with the knowledge of 30 years later. :D

The Sage   

I think most Somaliland citizens would choose to be steadfast on their current course. Although I think some back then would have thought our path to nationhood would have been easier I think any alternative would have been a poor idea. It took the Dutch 80 years to defeat the Spanish and get recognition from the rest of Europe and if you were to ask them today if it was the right thing to do 100% of them would say yes.

LANDER   

What other options do you perceive would be available in 1981? and what current problems in Somaliland are you reffering too? you may need to be more specific although I have an inclination where you may be headed with this.

Wadani   

Walaalayaal we made a mistake by rebelling againt siad barre, runta aynu isu sheegno. Burburkii ay snm, ssdf iyo usc umadda soomaaliyeed u horseedeen wali lagama soo kaban. Ethiopana waxay dhaxalsiisay quwad ayna ka hor waligeed ku riyoon lahayn.

Niicdaas oo kele ha noola iman sxb.

Somaliland chose the right thing for the right time. Everything is in the right direction now.

Wadani   

Niic maaha walaal. somalilander, punlander ama somali koonfur ahow, aduunyada sharaf kuma lihin. Nabad mooyaane maxay kale ayaynu maanta ku faani karnaa hadaynu nahay somalilanders? Nabad kaliya oo sharaf, midnimo, horumar, haybad iyo quwadi wehelinayn macno badan ma samaynayso.

The term Somalilanders is the title and in the context of this thread means SNM secessionist clan.

Somaliland siyaasada beelaysiga kudhisan nacayb abuurka Somalia loo qabo hadii wax laga badalo wax badan ayaa hagaagi lahaa.

Siyaasada SL ayaa wali taagan meeshii sagaashameeyadii ay taagnaayaan iyagoo udhaqmaya wali sidii inuu Siad Barre meesha joogo, iyadoo Konfuurta Somaliyana isbadal badan kadhacay marxalado badanna ay martay laakiin waxaad moodaa walaalaheed SL inaysan samayn wax hormar fikirka ama dhanka siyaasadooda kuwajahan koonfurta Somalia dhowr iyo labaatanki sano ee lasoo dhaafay, and that is sad.

Carafaat   

Qandalawi, Hadalka u fiirso sxb.

Or explain SSDF love for Somali people and xagee taagan tahay? And explain while you are ad it, why Puntland deports people from Southern Somalia, mass murdering Somalis with Ethiopian support, deports ONLF leaders, etx when you are talkin about 'Siyasad ku dhisan Somali naceyb'.

Wadani;838497 wrote:
Niic maaha walaal. somalilander, punlander ama somali koonfur ahow, aduunyada sharaf kuma lihin. Nabad mooyaane maxay kale ayaynu maanta ku faani karnaa hadaynu nahay somalilanders? Nabad kaliya oo sharaf, midnimo, horumar, haybad iyo quwadi wehelinayn macno badan ma samaynayso.

We are talkiing about Somaliland ,,, and after 20 years, we proved to the world that we are better off without that so called "Somalia".

Sharaf, midnimo, horumar, haybad iyo quwad intaba Somaliland way leedahay. Inta qaska ka wadda barigana waa temporary waanay iska dhamaanaysaa. We had worse days and stronger challenges before.

Qandalaawi u jawaabi maayo isaga ,,, oo wixiisu waa Qabyaalad.

Wadani   

Carafaat;838504 wrote:
Qandalawi, Hadalka u fiirso sxb.

Or explain SSDF love for Somali people and xagee taagan tahay? And explain while you are ad it, why Puntland deports people from Southern Somalia, mass murdering Somalis with Ethiopian support, deports ONLF leaders, etx when you are talkin about 'Siyasad ku dhisan Somali naceyb'.

Allaylahee ishaad ka riday

Jb, dont get me wrong, i love and am proud of somaliland. I just believe we couldve been soo much more as a united and powerful Somalia.

That was the dream back in the days, before the 1st of July 1960. It still stands as a dream.

Reality is much more different.

Remember the dream of uniting ALL MUSLIM COUNTRIES ?? .... ALL ARABS ?? ,,,,

Carafaat, stop jumping the gun, I did not talk about Puntland nor praised it. I said Somaliland needs to evolve and change its political agenda. Acting as if Barre is still in Mogadishu, inciting the old age hatred for the south and singing SNM anthems for two decades is sad. Its so sad that the politicians over there don't ever grow up from these petty simplicity.

Also Puntland could be blamed for a lot of things but have moved on from that old age politics and the SSDF days, no one talks about Barre anymore and no one talks of Mogadishu in light of massacres that took place in 1991, but yes there is power struggle. Yes, power struggle and sheer selfishness that plugged all Somalis.

Carafaat   

Sxb, your blaming one section of Somali society of 'politics based on hatred for Somalis' while this is practise in the Puntland that "move on".

SOMALIA: Puntland Police deports people from South Somalia

http://horseedmedia.net/2010/07/20/somalia-puntland-police-deports-people-south-somalia/

Shame on you sxb! have expected better from you then the cheap politics based on hypocracy.

Quick clearification, seceding was not something that was considered an option back then. The reality today in the north come about because some politicians wanted to use it as bargaining chip and because the south refused get its act together.

As for the question, in their heart of hearts, I think "Somalilander" would have chosen an unjust but functioning Somaliweyn rather then the sad state of affairs we have today.