Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Latest Map from The Economist

Map in this week's TheEconomist shows ‪Somaliland‬ as self-governing democracy, ‪Somalia‬ as Africa's only failed state

ApThTdHCEAAieEn.png

N.O.R.F   

I think Nat Geo did the same with their political map.

Have you been watcing Al Jazeera weather reports? :D

The Sage   

^^^ Still identifies Somaliland as a separate and distinct political entity from Somalia. Looking at maps from 5-10 years ago and looking at them today shows that the reality on the ground is beginning to be accepted.

Some other maps by foreigners also show Waqooyi Bari as 'distinct political entity.' So, what is your point?

The imaginations of the writers of conservative magazine Economist nor any other paper will not change the unity of Soomaaliya iyo Soomaalis.

Somalia   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;838409 wrote:
Some other maps by foreigners also show Waqooyi Bari as 'distinct political entity.' So, what is your point?

The imaginations of the writers of conservative magazine Economist nor any other paper will not change the unity of Soomaaliya iyo Soomaalis.

tumblr_m46iumVw0A1rrapbvo1_400.jpg

Somalia   

The point is that it separates Puntland from each other like the other one separates from Somaliland region.

LANDER   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;838385 wrote:
Recognized countries' names are in
bold
and capitalized letters, too.

^ :D war wax fahma Somaliland has to be in BOLD letters and CAPITALIZED before pretend pan-somalists will rub the sand out of their eyes and come to grips with the reality on the ground. If somehow their should be a growing awareness across the globe about Somaliland and its 20 plus years of indepedence, than it shall be blamed on the overactive 'imagination of some conservatives'. Let me tell you, when I see Somaliand haters today and by that I mean those ranging from self-described somali 'intellectuals' running around with PhDs from some back road University to the unsolicited comments from your avg coffee shop dwellers, I can't help but smile at them :D it is becoming comical. They have such myopic views in regards to Somaliland that I hope they continue to repeat the same old tired cliches. This simply means we will continue not to face any serious political threats from the outside, and in the forseable future, our limits will only be self-imposed.