Sign in to follow this  
ugaas Ali

‘Istanbul’ a common name for Somali girls

Showqi   

Aaliyyah;837851 wrote:
lol ta luuq la dhoho yada baa isku bixisey baan filaya. Hoyada ama abaha gabadhood luuq u bixinaya ujeedadu maxay noqoni lol

Aaliyyah, stop discriminating our cities. If you accepted Baarliin iyo Istanbuul as girls name dee maxaad Luuq ku diideysaa...:D

Carafaat;837836 wrote:
I met this Eritrean girl called
Dar es Salaam
. I asked why her parents called her
Seaport
or
Deked
:D

Daarasalaam means 'abode of peace' ama dhulkii Islaamka barwaaqeysnaa. I don't think she was named after that Tansaaniyaan magaalo.

Aaliyyah   

Showqi, lol luuq is a city? My bad. Like I already said it was a common somali practice to name their daughters after cities but it is not something I personally accept. Waxana filaya niman qurbe tagay wagaas aya dhulki hooyo kuso noqday oo rabay gabdhohoda magaloyinki ee adeen ugu magac daraan.

Blessed   
Aasia is also the name of the righteous wive of Fircon who has adopted the Prophet Musa (AS), it has nothing to do with qaarada. Along with Mariam, mother of Isa and Fatima Bint Rasullah (RA) she is considered a leader of the women of paradise. It's an Islamic name, a name worth having..

Gheelle.T;838285 wrote:
Waxa kale waa meeshooda, laakiin Baarliin waa magac Soomaali ah. People confused it with the German city. My 2cs.

what is the meaning of Baarlin Ghele