Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

I almost went crazy today!!

I was sitting at cough at some starbucks place waiting for a friend to hangout. All of sudden, i hear Aydaan voice just floating in the air. I am what the hell is going on! Ama I busted by the angels or am i dreaming or what? I was liking shaking....wondering where this come from. I look around every where.....nada! And the aydeen is stilling going!

I havent heard it for ages! So i just put my hands around my waist, bent my head down & started to listen to it. Its really, a beautiful sound. Then, i was startled by hand touch on my shoulder.

I looked up and saw this lady saying to me, Hi, i think i left my phone somewhere in this cough! i gotta up, left the seat, and there it was an i-phone playing the aydeen.

I gave it to her, n she started telling how she already lost 2 i-phones!! I greeted her with Alslam Calyeekom, and after a little talk found out that she was from Morocco.

Awesome Friday...

ok..she gave her phone so lemme call her tomorrow & find out the closest uno to me! U know w/gas being so expensive in la, no public trans, working 24/7...i am still at work in my dining room...mostly do remote access works from home, and its 1:42 am, so its tough to get around in my neck of the woods.

I am sure, me & her can car pool! its a win win idea!! thnx homie.

Loool did you thought you were about to die? What's aydeen or do you mean the azan (call to prayer)?

Maybe you shouldn't be working at such a late time no wonder you were so confused give that fried brain a break it will do you good. If you keep it up at this rate you gonna get a burnout :P

Aaliyyah   

aydaan? never heard of that either. I was a bit lost at first. isnt "adaan"..

I had adaan downloaded too.. One time it went off while I was in a store. Everyone was staring at me lol i felt a bit off - since then I just let it vibrate instead so I know when I have to pray..

Lol@ me and her can car pool

salaam

munirah   

I was at first wondering what you meant by 'Aydaan,' isn't it spelled as Adhan?

When you say you haven't heard of the Adhan for "ages," don't you go to your local prayer gatherings or mosques near you? Don't mean to judge you but it kinda sounds sad!

u DCs...here is the breakdown...Adhan is the Arabic phonetics, adaan is northern Somali phonetics, and Azan is Taliban phonetics...so b is i dont know what!! i am scared now. It means all the same thing. Call to prayer.

When i went back to somalia, i was regular prayer which my grandpa taught me. I like it. However, in tinsel-town. I get home around now since i left early this morning. So far today, all i had was breakfast n some choc-chip cockies. Now, me chewing some wings n then pass out.

However, most of my customers are middle-easterner moslims, Christians and Jews, and i am happy to help them. I dont deal with somalis 2. They 2 cheap.

Once they hear that i am somali, i get a big smile from them and utmost respect. They dont try to play games with me. One Jamaican singer came to office one time & tired to pull my leg. I told him to hit the road. He came back with nice smile N apologized to me to help him with music that hes lost on flash drive.

Its all good, being kol never hurts.

Rudy Diiriye - Lool i'm 110% Somali. I only know it in Arabic not in Somali because I live between Arabs and went to a Arabic dugsi.

Macallinka - Adhan and Azan are both Arabic words that mean call to prayer. With that being said the word Adhan is used more often and is popular then Azan. Different cultures write the word different but the meaning stays the same.