Sign in to follow this  
Abwaan

Dr.Bashiir Nuur-Bidaar Xasan Looyaan Oo Ka Mid Noqon Doona Musharaxiinta Bisha August 2012

Abwaan   

I agree with you Gabbal. Dr. Bashir is a great guy and he can lead Somalia and will lead insha Allaah.

Samafal   

Abwaan you seem looking for change? What don't you like about current leaders and where do you get your assurances hebel is not coming back?

I don't know this guy, but I believe the current team led by Sh Sharif and Abdiwali are doing great work and are in the middle of transition. Changing them now will a be disaster. Simply put you don't change commanders in the middle of a war.

Abwaan   

Samafal, horta tan koowaad dagaalladan la qaadayo markii isbeddel siyaasadeed la rabo far baa ku mudan. Midda labaad dalka AMISOM baa xoreyneysa qof kasta oo hoggaamiyaba ee haka dhigin raggaan inay kaarto dagaal tii ahayd ku dhammaatay. Awliyo Dadweyne ayaaba ka dagaal-yahansan labadaan masuul, I don't know inaad taqaannid ninkaas.:D

Dr. Bashir Loyan for Somali President 2012

Raamsade   

If he is serious about his candidacy he should change his name. No way I'll ever vote for Mr. Instability (that's what Looyaan means). Rather stick with Mr. Cagmadhige, oops, I mean Mr. Shariif at least he doesn't worry me with his daft name.

AYOUB   

Gabbal;836771 wrote:
One of the most well qualified Somali men I have ever had the chance to meet. A long time executive at IBM with strict professionalism and impressive work ethic. He is one of the main go-to-guys for Asia-Pacific rim region and is based in Japan. The man is simply cut above any actor I have seen in Somalia's politics the last 20 years.

Lawless Somalia is the opposite of Japan. Sell us this chap in a convincing way yaa Horn. He seem qualified to work in the Ministry of Agriculture if you ask me. :)

Gabbal   

Ayoub-

He doesn't need me as a defense. The man is an executive at IBM managing projects worth more than entire East Africa's GDP. Managerial and executive experience plus sound knowledge of the Somali dilemma and drive and determination to see things move in a professional and highly efficient manner is what the man excels at. Law-less Somalis negative image become synonymous with the caliber of its leadership. Change the leadership, you change the country.

AYOUB   

^ Well sounds like he's a cog in an well-oiled machine. Somalia is a broken clock. If he 's used to handling cash, Somalia is broke my friend. He is fresh cool head? So was Sharmarke and Formaggio. In fact both Sh. Sharif and Cabdiwelli are cool heads with experience under their belt. When you say he's the best you seen over the last 20 years; what you mean he's the best since the late president M S Barre. He was just a plain soldier, wasn't he? :)

P.S You do have to sell him. There are lot of candidates out there; from Hiildaran Samatar to the blind guy in NW10. If you think the chap is better, you have to say why.

*I think I'm degenerating to cynical NG*

Gabbal   

Ayoub-

I really do not believe I or anyone has to sell him. I do not believe Sheikh Sharif was or has ever been qualified for Somali leadership nor did I really ever think Sharmerke was either. I did think Nuur Cadde, Farmaajo, and Cabdiwali were impressive individuals who were qualified but even so I believe Dr. Bashir is more qualified than either of those man. The man is simply all around and well respected in that regard. As you can see, Abwaan is the man who first supported his candidacy here. I cannot list enough why I believe he is qualified but I do believe as Somalis get to know him more in the ensuing time frame that reality will become self-evident.

Abwaan   

Ayoub, you called them Hiil-Daran so that says a lot. For the blind guy, Ali Abdulle Guure soo maahan? Ma u malaynaayo inaad iga badisid and I would like to let you know the guy is maskiin la waalay. There are actually more than the two you mentioned who are also candidates, some with qualificaction and but I think none of those can beat Dr. Bashir.

NGONGE   

AYOUB;837049 wrote:
^ Well sounds like he's a cog in an well-oiled machine. Somalia is a broken clock. If he 's used to handling cash, Somalia is broke my friend. He is fresh cool head? So was Sharmarke and Formaggio. In fact both Sh. Sharif and Cabdiwelli are cool heads with experience under their belt. When you say he's the best you seen over the last 20 years; what you mean he's the best since the late president M S Barre. He was just a plain soldier, wasn't he?
:)

P.S You do have to sell him. There are lot of candidates out there; from Hiildaran Samatar to the blind guy in NW10. If you think the chap is better, you have to say why.

*I think I'm degenerating to cynical NG*

You're right to be cynical. Somalia is a political jungle and it would be a joke to give someone the presidancy just because he worked for IBM. Of course, these abilities do count but what counts more are his political abilities. Is he rutheless enough to swim with the sharks that litter the Somali scene? Can he cope with the clannish side of politics? After all, the last thing Somalia needs is Farmajo II. (actually, Somalia does need people like that but the shame of it is that such guys could never hack the childish politics).

Abwaan   

Dr. Bashir Nur-Bidaar Loyaan.

Education:

-Master of Science in Management Information Systems, 1999, University of Illinois, Illinois, USA-Graduated with Cum Laude

-Doctor of Philosophy (PhD.) in Horticultural Science. 1995. Kansas State University, Kansas- Graduated with Magna Cum Laude

... -Master of Science in Horticultural Science. 1990. Kansas State University, Kansas- Graduated with Cum Laude

-Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Science, 1986. Oregon State University, Oregon.

Summary of Professional Work Experience:

Dr. Loyan has more than 16 years of professional work experience in both International non-profit (UN & others) and U.S. Fortune 500 companies. Dr.Loyan has both training in agricultural science and project management/information systems management. Dr.Loyan has an extensive professional experience in project management, budget preparation, financial management, controls and reporting, and proven organizational leadership skills. A leader who can establish vision, develop strategy and execute tactics with a team approach to realize desired results. Dr. Loyan has excellent written and verbal communications skills and is fluent in several languages. In his current position, he is senior project leader in a Fortune 100 company where he supervises various projects which span from Asia, Europe, Australia, South America and North America. Working with major communications, distribution, finance, industrial, and public sector customers with total contract values between $100M and $2B. Dr. Loyan had successfully led more than 130 projects and engagements performed in over 27 countries across five continents covering the Americas, EMEA,and Asia Pacific.

We will publish his full biography and his political manifesto “For the future of our country and the future of our children. "For those in misery perhaps better things will follow" in the near future. Please stay tuned.