Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Well, Paragon's returning home, to Somalia for good Inshallaah. Goodbye SOLers.

Paragon;836029 wrote:

Lol. Alpha blondy. We met in 2007? 2007 was when I first went back si aan u soo indha indheeyo dhulkii - adna leave to remain ayaad ii sheegaysa. I think you mean 1997 when I first came to qurboland. Either way its jolly good that you and Ibtisam are back home. I might come there Inshallaah.

best of luck brother. you're one of the few ethical and conscious brothers on this forum. i'm quite certain you already have the 'paradigms of virtue' required to work out here. i get the feeling you really care for your country and i'm sure you'll do us proud. inshallah.

Paragon   

Sayid, thanks bro. I'll definitely go to Qardo - I have a friend here in Coventry aan ballan ka qaaday inaan soo arko, also sidaa uga ma dheera dhulkaan aakhirka degi doono inshallaah.

Alpha, indeed. There's work to be done. Especially one's national duty. BTW I remember 2006 campaign days when Tarzan was with us against the Ethiopian occupation. Old friends are in Xamar Hargeisa and Boosaaso-Garowe. I even hear a SOLer who worked for Muslimaid -an old uni mate - when we were collecting money for refugees in ceelasha biyaha is in Xamar as well. I hope to catch up with him and classmates over there inshallaah.

NGONGE;836049 wrote:
Best of luck, mate. See you when you give up and get back. Unless you do an Alpha of course and suppress the urge to run with endless house parties (or an Ibti and work your fingers to the bone). Wouldn't do it if I were you but you're a braver man than I. God speed, as they say.
:D

NGONGE lol, get up and get back? 15 years - meaning May 97 to May 2012 - is enough experience for an old soul like mine. Don't you know the main reason aan qurbaha u imiba inay ahayd between ducada iyo habaarka Hooyaday macaan when she feared for my life? She welcomes my return with great anticipation this time around unlike other times. Alxamdulillaah.

Marka qurbo haddaan ka baxo anoo nabad qaba oo aan gumoobin Illaah igu ma soo cesho. I'm tired of living under another man's dictates. Xornimo wax la siisto ma leh ninyow and I'm one of those who cannot breath without true freedom. Good or bad Somalia is where I and my ancestors belonged and will live to belong in it.

Phew! Now look what you did making me all patriotic and nationalistic.

Paragon   

Alpha Blondy;836054 wrote:
best of luck brother. you're one of the few ethical and conscious brothers on this forum. i'm quite certain you already have the 'paradigms of virtue' required to work out here. i get the feeling you really care for your country and i'm sure you'll do us proud. inshallah.

Thanks alot bro. Indeed I care about the old country - its in the blood. Actually some mornings I wake up feeling radiant and I later find out something wonderful happened in Somalia. But the mornings I wake up sad and heavyhearted I have this gut feeling that things are not so merry back home. How my people are affects me and there is nothing that can be done to heal scar. Only being there and helping can start the healing process. I need to help heal my nation in my small way to heal heal myself.

lol@paragon,

what an egomaniac you are sxb!

kulaha the state of affairs in 'somalia' are conditional to my mood when i wake up in the mornings!

Samafal   

Paragon, seriously you are going? You must have secured job in the Highlands, You haven't known to be philanthropic as such, or may be you are heading to the comfort of your buul in Ijaro?

Any way good luck with whatever you do.

Paragon you can't leave that would be a big loss to all of us, I will miss you. It's always the good people that go first :(

You're indeed one of the wisest and vibrant members who is so laid back. Patriotic and yet so sophisticated none of that rudeness, aggressiveness or clan warriorism that's what I liked about you. Take care of yourself and say hi for me to the camels.

Good job Chimera & Abtigiis in making him stay. I'm on your campaign count me in.

Abtigiis   

anigoo ku hadlaya beelaha SOL looga tirada badan yahay ee Somaligalbeed waxaan aad ugu mahad naqayaa Paragon inuu naga aqbalo codsigii ahaa in uuna meesha nagaga tagin oo meeshu noqon "maatidii iyo waxaa isugu hadhay naag la murankiiye". :D :D

N.O.R.F   

Paragon, that connection with the homeland is something very absorbing. More so for me in recent years. I have come to love the place and have a better understanding of how things work. The feeling of kinship, community and an all in it together attitude is very refreshing when coming from a dog-eat-dog world. Do visit the less ‘sanka taag’ city of Burco on your travels :D

BN   

Best of luck saaxib. You are living the dream; I hope to return soon, iA, to explore opportunities and hopefully start a venture. It is a big transition so hopefully you do not depart SOL and can impart your insights on the rest of us. It is your duty, after all, to lead by example in this quest to rebuild a nation. Don't leave your captive audience disappointed. :D

So, with that, details, details and more details.

Safe journey and glad tidings.

Malika   

Mzee, safar salama..

Baal marka tagtiid aad sii ficaan uu degtiid - come back to SOL and share your finding. Dont be like Ibti, since she has gone weey naga goosatee..lol, Alpha only tells us about his maid and how much he avoids the sun - nothing useful there lol.

Honestly, thats not only a brave move but a wise one too. My cousin who returned not so long ago, swears it was the best decision he has ever made, he sounds happy and his business is booming...marka, dont be suprised if some of us, also follow soon.

Goodluck!

Malika;836094 wrote:
Alpha only tells us about his maid and how much he avoids the sun - nothing useful there lol.

eedo malika,

i think you're being unfair there walahi. i've always strived to do my very best to produce the best possible stories, pictures and feature length travel writing of my chronicles of somaliland and afar. i think you're being very unfair in saying that i only talk about the maid and my skin colour. where did u get this information i avoid the sun. i've gone dark by 32% and have lost my qurbo-joog looks walahi lol and i've grown my hair long and i'm really trying hard to establish myself in this 'place'. just the other day, i was snubbed by a local chick becos she thought i too was local. she went for my cousin and housemate instead whose genetic DNA has been rendered different, having spent two generations outside of the homeland, in fact he wasn't even born there and doesn't speak a word of somali. for goodness sakes, he looks like a inbred and mix race. and you've got the nerve to say i'm uniformative eh malika, eedo macan?

uchi   

When will we be seeing Abtigiis's farewell thread? It's long overdue honestly~

All jokes aside, Paragon I hope you find some form of tranquillity and serenity and less trepidation when you return, all the best mate.

So, I posted a reply and it just disappeared!

I guess I'll just say best wishes Paragon and I look forward to hearing about your new adventure. I'm sure its the right move, I've sorely come to believe that a life spent not doing something you enjoy and consider worthwhile is a life not lived to the full. May Allah make your return a blessed one that exceeds your expectations.

Juxa   

Congrats yaaqey waan maqley the good news iyo inlaguu magacabey wasiir

Bal ha isku cunin xoolo qaran