Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Faroole is a fool for rejecting the Istanbul Conference on Somalia....

Haatu   

Faroole is a fool. But the ones who are even more foolish are the ones that are opposing Turkey now when they were happy with them before. Talk about cheerleading.

Shilling, don't even compare Prof Abdiweli with the fool you call president. Mid waa wadani, aqoonyahan xil kas ah, whereas the other is an ignorant, brainless qabiiliste of a dictator.

Farmaraa   

Faroole/Firdhiye is the worst leader ever in Puntland and he is a traitor. I do believe the way Mr Farole is behaving he is going to be disunity within Puntland and its people. Are Puntlanders going to stand up and defend what is right for their our nation(SOMALIA) and state (PUNTALND).

DEFEND SOMALIA, DEFEAT FIRDHIYE

Mario B   

Shilling;835128 wrote:
The half a billion Turkey provided in assistance to Somalia not one penny did Puntland saw, just few doctors and only after Puntland pleaded them.

And just yesterday Turkey promises Somaliland a single-track policy completely bypassing the Dual Track Policy that recognized other pockets of stability in Somalia that merited greater engagement.

Farole should be applauded for bringing Turkey's recklessness to light... it neither cares where its assistance to Somalia goes nor serious about promoting real peace and stability now that the Turkish government is favoring one region over the other.

Duke, it seems to me you've managed to play into the likes of Abtigis hands... Islaan Bashir and now you as if this is Abdiwali vs. Farole brawl. Grow a pair adeer.

Mogadishu is whose leverage again? How about Harigayso? Should we then abandon Garowe for Abdiwali's sake, when we both know he is the only honest body who is serious about bringing Somalia's old glory back? I would hope not because that would make you the only real fool.

Turkey spent 350m Dollars trying to keep a starving population from dying, at the height of the famine last year, half of a total of 5m population were in danger of perishing. Turkey by passed the outdated UN model of humanitarian helping which relied on the corrupt warlords, TFG to distribute food and went straight to the needy!

I don't think Turkey picked up a side by helping the weakest of our community!! Turkey spends 1m dollars a day feeding [10,000 families] or curing IDPs in it's makeshift hospital tent in Mogadishu, anyone indifferent to this humantarian endevour has no interest in his fellow Somali, period!

I disagree with President Faroole on this, however, it's quite amusing to read about all the over the top attacks on Puntland from the usual suspects. I am also against the claim that Turkey is helping only one area, Turkey is helping Somali's and that's an important point. We the people of Puntland are a proud and resourceful

Bunch, who have build a viable State fr scratch. Thus the admin have made a big mistake in this and they need to rectify this, the sooner the better.

Chimera   

The Puntlanders that keep saying Turkey didn't spend a penny, are they forgetting about the new hospitals build by Turkey? The Turkish doctors that provided medical care to thousands of Puntland civilians? The many scholarships awarded to Puntland students? The planned largest Polytechnic institute, and other colleges to be build by TIKA? The planned Galkacyo airport? Turkey opened a Development Office only a few months ago, there is no construction company in the world that builds colleges, hospitals and other infrastructure in such a small amount of time, you guys need to display patience and gratitude.

A missed opportunity indeed, and Duke understands the bigger picture.

I doubt the whole reason is Turkey's focus on Mogadishu, this is just an excuse. None of it was a concern for Puntland/Galmudug just a week ago, all of a sudden this has become a big issue, it doesn't add up. There is more to the story than we know but overall I believe Faroole will ultimately attend conference after few consultations and discussions with Turkish officials.

The Turks pulled an Arta out of their sleeves. Turkey is simply resurrecting the discarded ICU coalition of 2006. A coalition made up of Anarchists, Idealists in Nationalist costumes, Centralist's, Islamist's who have up till now been supporting Al-Shabaab, moderate Islamist's who make up the Aala Sheikh Group, Secularists and Pan Somali expansionists.

Remember the much so praised 6 months of unseen peace in Mogadishu and the south ushered by this coalition? I wouldn't have a problem if the spectrum of these alliance wasn't as big as the distance between Mars and Earth. I know it is going to fail as this sham coalition is designed to hinder peace in Somalia and the current progress made.

Turkey's arriving in Somalia represents the single most danger to final peace as the defeated groups have been given life again and hope by Turkey meddling in the affairs of Somalia.

Secularists and other's were the champions of the ICU in 2006 as it directly rivaled the then Interim Government TFG headed by Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed. Again Turkey tries the same to build a parallel government to the one being established in August and to directly affect who is being elected into Parliament or President.

The traditional elders whose job is to select members of Parliament have been hijacked by Turkey in a non transparent approach. This is a great danger indeed. Maybe Turkey will even host a free Parliament of Somalia as just Eritrea did in the years of 2006-2009. We will see what they will be up to.

And who guarantees that their shady strategy for Somalia will work. Turkey has a strong secular culture, who can say that Erdogan's changes will affect the country so much knowing there is a tiny population of elite on top in Turkey who want this project put to an end. Is Turkey really a reliable partner? It isn't, it's not even a responsible one.

They hijacked Somalia's path to peace by acting imbalanced in their dealings with the different actors and stakeholders in Somalia. Somalis will never learn.

Somalia   

Shilling;835128 wrote:
The half a billion Turkey provided in assistance to Somalia not one penny did Puntland saw, just few doctors and only after Puntland pleaded them.

And just yesterday Turkey promises Somaliland a single-track policy completely bypassing the Dual Track Policy that recognized other pockets of stability in Somalia that merited greater engagement.

Farole should be applauded for bringing Turkey's recklessness to light... it neither cares where its assistance to Somalia goes nor serious about promoting real peace and stability now that the Turkish government is favoring one region over the other.

Duke, it seems to me you've managed to play into the likes of Abtigis hands... Islaan Bashir and now you as if this is Abdiwali vs. Farole brawl. Grow a pair adeer.

Mogadishu is whose leverage again? How about Harigayso? Should we then abandon Garowe for Abdiwali's sake, when we both know he is the only honest body who is serious about bringing Somalia's old glory back? I would hope not because that would make you the only real fool.

Well said.

If the road map is deterred which is what he's claiming, he should stay home.

Shilling   

Beside Turkish doctors paying a total of two visits each lasting 3 days long and a few scholarships that are yet to be fulfilled do to all the mismanagement surrounding the whole process, I doubt none of you can tell me any tangible assistance from Turkey sent Puntland’s way beside the usual fake promises - like how Turkey plans to build hospitals; the largest Polytechnic institute; colleges; Galkacyo airport or even opened a Development Office. The fact that you all are dogging the bigger issue at hand (Turkey bypassing other regional stakeholder to appease Somaliland) says a lot about the matter.

Turkey made a reckless move first on how it appropriated its funds and just recently on how it decided to approach Somaliland bypassing other regional stakeholder. The war was a lesson learnt for us and there is no reason any of you should expect Puntland to yield where other are being appeased.

Perhaps it’s not your flesh in a lion’s den. As a Somali whose forebears are from Northeast Somalia now known as Puntland, I have no leverage in either Mogadishu or Harigayso; I still recall the pain little Zamzam endured in the hands of grown officials and that of Sheikh Ciise Ahmed Dalabey: a painful reminder that should serve as all as a wake up call… “naga kaxeystaan Cumar Cabdirashiid A.Sharmaake.” All still ring as painful reminders.

“Don't even compare Prof. Abdiweli with the fool you call president, Mr. Faroole” says Haatu… sxb, you can take the higher road all you like but the fact of the matter is the minute this able man even suggest a little favor for Puntland the Somali capital always turn hostile. And in the end all I’m left with to protect what little interest I have left, because we all do have interests, falls to Garowe… a fool or not like Duke insists, Farole is still all I have besides Abdiwali; a newcomer whose fate still remains uncertain because once things go sour, it’s always folks whose lordship over our capital is guaranteed who wins.

Somalia has a long way to go and while the situation remains this unpredictable, anyone who calls Faroole a fool needs to really grow a pair.

Somalia   

Shilling.

Faroole already explained that people who aren't even representing the stakeholders have left for Turkey, over 1000 I was told by an insider. These Turks are not figuring out Somalis yet.

And when Sheikh Shariif was asked he said 'I don't know anything about that'...

Somalia;835375 wrote:
Shilling.

Faroole already explained that people who aren't even representing the stakeholders have left for Turkey, over 1000 I was told by an insider. These Turks are not figuring out Somalis yet.

And when Sheikh Shariif was asked he said 'I don't know anything about that'...

this story keeps getting stranger and stranger. what kind of a president doesn't know what's happening in his own country? or is he yanking our legs? either way i'm sure farole is doing politically what's best for puntland.

Duufaan   

faroole lost the game his spent millions and now he is trying to bring process ground zero with help Malazawe. too little too late

Faroole is the current leader of the State. Criticism of his actions is well and good, however we need not confuse the State with the man. This is not on the interest of Somalia. The Turkish involvement is a positive one.

GD Visa's for Turkey are on high demand from Mogadishu. People who want to travel on to Europe via Turkey paid more than 7000 USD to get there.

The funny thing is that folks like Abtigiis are now distinguishing the State with their supposed knowledge of it's physical structure lool. You know this is a scam just the ICU coalition of Islamists, Secularists, Nationalists and Anarchists.

At that time they wanted to derail the Interim TFG. Remember when the Italian ambassador was visiting Dhuusamareeb Ina Daahir Aweys and the Arab guy? We all remember the so much praised 6 month. GD you know that this coalition won't hold Abtigiis Hiil-Qaran and known failed men of Somalia are meeting in Turkey to derail the process in Somalia.