Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Construction rebuilding boom continues in Mogadishu +PICS

The campaign to rebuild Mogadishu, once known as the white pearl of the Indian Ocean, has began three months after al Qaeda affiliated insurgents were ousted from the seaside town.

Morality is high and for the first time in over two decades, local and international observers have expressed optimism in Somalia. This week African Union troops aided by Somali government units launched operations against al Shabab in the outskirts of Mogadishu.

Residents have began restoring their bullet-ridden homes and businesses as they return to the city after many years living in makeshift camps.

Somalia is preparing multi-African force against the last al Shabab insurgents in the south of the country as more African forces pour in. This week it was reported the first contingent from Sierra Leone national army have reached Somali soil.

Troops from Uganda, Burundi, Nigeria, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Djibouti and Ethiopia are gearing up for the last offensive to help the Somali government regain control of southern regions.

Somali officials said they are expecting more forces from Nigeria and Ghana.

The Turkish government has pledged to restore the city’s famous landmarks.

Marksman   

Are they going to rebuild the Italian church as well? I know it's a silly question, but I have always been impressed with its architecture. And it showed the sense of tolerance. But I guess that sense of tolerance has flown away.

MogadishuCathedral.jpg

Abwaan   

Somalia;834716 wrote:
I wonder why ICU/Al-Shabaab never destroyed this.

dahson2012.jpg

May be they did not know how. Ma faas bay ku jebin karaan? Nimankaan faasas bay qabuuraha la dheceene.