Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Somalia: Rescuing the process of transition

Somalia   

Sheikh Bashir Salad
, the chairman of the Council of Religious Scholars of Somalia, has issued a statement criticising the content of and the process for legitimising the international community-funded and controlled draft-constitution of Somalia. He has called for openness and transparency in the constitution-making process and demanded that Somalia's religious scholars be consulted.

Who are they, where were they in the past 21 years and what right do they have now to demand and be consulted with? Is he not the one that condemned the TFG doing Abdullahi Yusuf but then condemned Al-Shabaab and sided with Shariif even though Shariif sided with the Ethiopians?

They can shove it, they have no business involving themselves in politics, culuma my butt .

North, it is a manufactured public outcry, it sad the so called Council of Religious Scholars jumped the gun. They are missing the bigger picture as they always do...what a sorry bunch

First of all I challenge the very existence of Council of Religious Scholars. There is no such thing as CRS in Somalia, and who are these guyz anyway. Every region has different scholars and don't see a lot of things eye to eye, actually some of them hate each other and contemplate to assassinate one another, others exchange messages of the bitter disagreement and ridicule on air and on the internet. There is no Somali Ulema that are united under one body, at least to my knowledge.

One thing all spoilers have in common is that they all are clan-centrics, pseudo-politicians look at Indhacade, Salad M Jeele, Faroole, Faysal C Warabe the list is long and I can go on and on....