Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Ramadan is..

Blessed   

..only 74 days to Ramadan. SubxanAllah, where does the time go? I've so much I need to do before it starts. Anyway, found a useful article in productivemuslim.com to help with those of you who want to make the most of Ramadan, haduu Alle idmo.

It’s a well-established principle that the way to success is gradualism: doing things little by little, stage by stage, but being consistent in it. So with this series, what I hope to do is take one aspect of development at a time, and make that the focus for the month – for the next five months. And when Ramadan hits, insha Allah, we would have covered five important elements of our spiritual lives, and be better prepared to step up in those areas to new and amazing heights.

The system being proposed here is open to your suggestions, so please do give feedback if you can contribute anything positive. With regard to topics on a monthly basis, you can choose to go along with what’s suggested, or you can choose your own area to focus on. Each person knows him/herself best, and knows what’s most important for their lives – so focus on what you need to, adopting a structured framework within which to focus your efforts.

The general framework for the project:

Pick an area you’d like to work on for this month (e.g. character, speech, fasting, charity); or use the one prescribed in this article

Analyse what your current condition is in the area (quality, frequency, etc)

Look at what your weaknesses / problems are, and their root causes

Think of practical methods to overcome those root causes

Set up a realistic plan of action to implement those solutions gradually in the coming months, then at a higher pace in Ramadan

Goes on to perfecting salah... I so need to work on this!

http://www.productivemuslim.com/the-ramadan-early-bird-series/

raula   

^^^that's what lit' munchkin's will do to your brain :D

InshaAllah-indeed a good reminder JZK. Well i would like to work on patience for Raga dumarka ka waalo..mise silciya..mise iskala weyn..and on....& the likes :P

Great tips will look into it i'm so not ready for Ramadan yet. Is it me or does Ramadan seem to come around faster each year I guess it has to do with the time going faster with each year.

Mario B   

^^Lol, time waits for no one @ Bluelicious

Blessed, good thread. I hope we all benefits from it, InshaAllah.

Mario B;827771 wrote:
^^Lol, time waits for no one @ Bluelicious

Blessed, good thread. I hope we all benefits from it, InshaAllah.

That's the scary part knowing that time will not be guaranteed to me nor is tomorrow. Only if I had a remote control to stop time like that movie Click I could ....

Blessed   

^guess what, you can't! So get moving.. :)

LOL. Raula.. tell me about it, sis. Pretend those dwarfs don't exists and they won't spoil your spiritual vibe. LOL.

InshaAllah MarioB, post anything you find useful, bro.

Looking forward to better Ramadan . Ramadan is best when your in a Islamic nation. If you in the west and doing

Ramadan it feels like in another day .

Sensei   

Can't wait for some major Saum, and believe me, it has nothing to do with the spicy sambuusaas.

Aaliyyah   

Yeah blessed time does go fast. Laakin waa in aan ku ducaysanaya allahuma baliqnaa ramadaan. Yaa og in aan helayo nasiibka aan ku gaadhona ramadaan..ilaahay ha nugu simo. Wixi danbi aan galabsanayna alle hanaga cafiyo.

Blessed   

^Your not alone...

Aaliyah, Ameen. We don't know if we're going to reach it but it serves as a reminder to do more cibaadaat.

Sensei,

It's the guraac, init? LOL. I'm kidding, I love Ramadan too. I wish the conciousness stays with the whole year.

Walaalkis,

Waa runtaa, try to go if you can, even if for a few weeks. Ramadan in the Muslim world is magical.

Aaliyyah   

Narniah, it is always better to repeat those days around november..I think then the Iftar is like at 4 PM. Inshallah get to it before you forget about it.

Blessed, true sis. We definitely should do more ibada. No doubt.

raula   

Ameen Aaliyyah. IA

Blessed: LOL we're stuck :D but for the better insha-allah.

Indeed hope we reap the rewards & blessing of the holy month to come.

Narniah! some people do it 2 days/week i.e. mondays & thursdays..but that depends on your job/vocation/& if you attend school..could be difficult but maybe when you are home most times then fast those days to make up. All the best to you.

*Blessed;827797 wrote:
^guess what, you can't! So get moving..
:)

I know good thing you came along to remind me thanks blessed you are indeed blessed :)