Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Do real geniusus exist?

Who is the most intelligent person you know or have ever met.

I've knew one genius, and I say genius because he really was a genius. I'm not even kidding either :D I genuinely consider him abnormally intelligent he was not normal. :D

Coofle   

I don't know by what standards,,I used to have this Flatmate, He was at university (Studying Scientific Specialty) He graduated the first in his batch(more than a 100) he was the most popular guy in the campus not because of his academic achievements but because of his Extra-curricular activities and he excelled in all of them, he was in many associations that I cannot count (He knew University President, Heads of Unions, The Mayor even the Minister of education at one point)....I was living with him in his senior year, He was barely at home only to sleep and studied only the night of the exam.... He was Xaafid and memorized saxiixu bukhaari of axaadiis...More strange You may say any song and he knew it by heart ... Politics he was analysis was always superb...at home chores he was the most active,,, what is more dazzling was his personality,,,

I always said He was Maniac.... But People called him Genius....

Coofle;826399 wrote:
I don't know by what standards,,I used to have this Flatmate, He was at university (Studying Scientific Specialty) He graduated the first in his batch(more than a 100) he was the most popular guy in the campus not because of his academic achievements but because of his Extra-curricular activities and he excelled in all of them, he was in many associations that I cannot count (He knew University President, Heads of Unions, The Mayor even the Minister of education at one point)....I was living with him in his senior year, He was barely at home only to sleep and studied only the night of the exam.... He was Xaafid and memorized saxiixu bukhaari of axaadiis...More strange You may say any song and he knew it by heart ... Politics he was analysis was always superb...at home chores he was the most active,,, what is more dazzling was his personality,,,

I always said He was Maniac.... But People called him Genius....

The one i'm on about always got 100% - always, everytime, one hundred percent in every test I have ever seen him take over the course of several years. This was always at the highest level/difficulty possible which bored him out of his mind as he found it simple stuff and he sat there in class not even participating. The teaching staff could not even keep up or give him more difficult material - which when they tried he quickly completed/understood. Forget studying and revision, that was not neccesary for him. General knowledge ask him a question and he knows it. He always scored amoung highest if not the highest in the entire country in tests he did - I would be surprised if compared at international level he would score the highest. He was not normal. I think instead of reading books and taking tests people like him should be doing the writing and research to advance the human civilisation - I am not even kidding this guy was not normal LMAO :D

Narniah   

My Father, the Pilot. MashaAllah.

He is the Only genius I know, aside from my older brother. He use to get kicked out of classes as a kid because he use to correct the teachers. He's the most amazing mathematician I ever come across. He really wows me.

I never seen anything like him before mashaAllah.

Coofle   

Narniah;826403 wrote:
My Father, the Pilot. MashaAllah.

He is the Only genius I know, aside from my older brother. He use to get kicked out of classes as a kid because he use to correct the teachers. He's the most amazing mathematician I ever come across. He really wows me.

I never seen anything like him before mashaAllah.

I guess we are talking about the Same father here...LOLZ....He is Known as "Boqolle" because He got 100 in every math test he ever took....Even at University....He read the Whole High school material in 20 days!!! and still got to be the First.. First in University and when sent abroad He was the first...He inspired me so I tried to follow his path although I tried But I am no close to him..At least I got scholarships by my hardwork.....Look at me talking about my father like little girls, Huuno Narniah Ha iga danbaajin intaa wax ka badan....

Garnaqsi   

Garnaqsi;826541 wrote:
On a personal note, I consider
the greatest genius alive!

Word is that a proof the so-called abc conjecture (along with proofs of many other conjectures including Szpiro's conjecture and Vojta's conjecture) has been published by a Japanese mathematician using a type of algebraic geometry that Grothendieck invented! Respect to the Japanese guy -- this stuff is pretty hard to use at all let alone utilise it to such a degree. I heard the proof runs in more than 500 dense pages. So much for the genius of Alexander Grothendieck. The guy pisses all over Newton and Einstein and makes their work look like child's play and Coofle was proposing Imām ash-Shafi'i for comparison! Such injustice!

This Serbian bloke has made an impact on me: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0743215362/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=0atorgmarkdes-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0743215362

Here's a funny Oatmeal comic on Tesla: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

He actually makes others look a little less genius.

"An inexpensive instrument, not bigger than a watch, will enable its bearer to hear anywhere, on sea or land, music or song, the speech of a political leader, the address of an eminent man of science, or the sermon of an eloquent clergyman, delivered in some other place, however distant. In the same manner any picture, character, drawing, or print can be transferred from one to another place" - Nikola Tesla envisioning iPods, iPads, interactive pen displays, cell phones etc back in 1909 (decades before television came, even 2 years before the very first Hollywood film). His list of inventions is so impressive and crucial to the world today, yet he gets almost no recognition.

wyre   

Nin-Yaaban;869316 wrote:
Waa buuxaan, oo Xaskeeygii hore (ex wife) ayaa kamid ah.
:)

:)

Ngonge, a SOL genius :D