Sign in to follow this  
Delilah

Helping a Friend Out

Delilah   

Salam Alaikum Everyone,

I need some advice, so if you can give it, please do!

I've known this guy for about 4 years. And when i say i know him, i only mean that. I see him around once in a while and we casually say hi. The thing is when we were in highschool he use to be the biggest pessemist ever, wanting nothing to do with God and religion. Once in a while though he would ask to borrow my Quran the one with the english translations so he could read it through.

After highschool he sends me this random e-mail saying how he wants to see me and if we can chill. I tell him i don't 'chill' with guys as it is nto part of my religion. Then recently he calls me up and was like, 'yeah, i've been reading through, i believe in God and i really truly believe there is a higher being. My dilemma then is whether i should be educating him about Islam; i mean he did call me. Aswell, there is this really great lecture coming up this summer...and i would really love to approach him about it, asking him whether he would like to come or not...but would that be too weird? Besides, i'm basically broke and i don't want to buy the ticket just to get a 'no, thanks, i rather not'

what shall i do? :(

Deliah, if your friend is really interested in islam you can tell some of the muslim brothers local in you local masjid to teach him about it. You can invite him to the lecture and I am sure if you let the organizers of the event know that he is interested in Islam they would let him to listen to the lecture for free.

Nur   

Delilah sis

It was reported that the Messenger of Allah SAWS said " The reward you get when Allah guides a human soul through your efforts is better than possession of the whole Dunyaa and everything inside it"

Alahmadulillah sister, a real opprortunity is presenting itself for you to havest, but like Juwairiyah said, within the the limits of our Deen.

Nur

Malika   

Delilah sis,

Is he genuinely wanting to learn more about Islam or is it a coy to try and gain your trust..as he sounds as someone interested in more with you..If he is genuine then pass his details[phone number or email] to your local Imam so he can arrange to offer him guidance in the matters of our deen.

My paranoia aside,here my sis is an opportunity to save a soul..as Brother Nur,said within the limits of our deen.

Insha'allah,kheyr! smile.gif

ps.Nothing to do with the topic,just excited that this evening there will be two weddings of two of our recently new brothers from Poland..Mashaallah,its beautiful to see the whole community working together to embrace the brothers and sisters whom had joined us recently..The beauty of Islam's brotherhood!

Delilah   

Jazakumullah khair Everyone,

I think his intentions are purely, and inshallah they are. I've been able to link him with some responsible brothers who are part of our local dawah masjid. I just hope the light of guidance is brighter for him, then the rest of the wordly distractions, inshallah.