Sign in to follow this  
Kafka on the Shore

Shariah in Canada?

Assalaamu calaykum,

As you may or may not have heard, a series of protests organized by various groups (mostly feminist, but not all) in Canada and abroad against the use of Islamic law (Shariah) in the province of Ontario (if I'm not mistaken). My (subjective) perception is that they're essentially anti-Islam, extremely "progressive," and ERRONEOUSLY regard the Shariah as a source of oppression towards women. After all, it's not all that bad (people can actually choose whether or not they want to abide by the Shariah). But of course, I may be mistaken. Does anyone care to share what they believe is behind this extremely vigorous reaction to Sharian in Canada?

Please pitch in.

Fii amaanillaah

Baluug   

Everyone thinks that women are oppressed under Shariah because of how the laws are enforced.The laws are perfect,but the enforcers of the law are most definitely NOT,and that's what they're worried about.I graciously welcome any Islamic element into my life,as I am in the country in question,but not in that province.

ALLAAH Is the All Knowing the All Wise.

He Is the Creator of everything we see and everything we can't see.

The Shariica Is His Gift to us. Every one benifits from the Shariica; people, animals etc

The Shariica is our only link to the next life.

After a short while we shall all return to Him.

juba   

wow shariah in a non-muslim country! im really not surprised at the opposition! This is the first time i have heard of this and i question it's credibility.