Sign in to follow this  
walaalkis

Quote of the week

Brother Mario B,

Tell us which qodob or faqrad in the constitution do you disagree with?

Yalaxow is a warlord with no teeth, he has been disarmed by Islamic Courts before and is now under AMISOM dominion.

Mario B   

I totaly disagree with the 5 year residence rule for gaining Somali citizenship [ I might reconsider a 10 yr rule], as to all somalis who were displaced from Somalia [3m] they and their children have the right to their homeland. As for Somalis of the regions of NFD and ******ia, they can aply for the Somali Passport.... but i would rather they stayed in those regions and work with Somalia to bring about economical, cultural, educational link between our lands, Somalia is always open to them and they have full access to our ports, airports, schools, hospitals etc.

^^Great , and reasonable objection to a specific clause. I am sure teh Assembly will debate it and vote on it one way or another. But do you believe this clause should be the basis for rejecting the entire constitution? Any other clauses that warrant the protest and teh public outcry that domintae the airwaves these days?

Also this constitution will be up for ratification in four years time. Common sense says if this is the prize we pay to get out of the hole we have been and end teh transition we shall adopt it and ratify in four years with greater public participation. But to just say NO is holding Somala back

FIXED

"Annagu ma ogolaan karno in dastuur ay ku qoran tahay qofkii ajnabi ah ee dalka jooga shan sano wuxuu noqonayaa muwaadin. Waxaan nahay 10-Milyan haddii ay 35-milyan oo OROMO ah ay nasoo dul-dagaan shan sanana ay dalka joogaan waxay noqonayaan muwaadiniin, dalka waa nalaga qaaday markaas," ayuu yiri xildhibaan Yalaxoow.

Has it been 5 years for AMISOM yet ? Are they eligible for citizenship now ?

Mario B   

xiinfaniin;825205 wrote:
^^Great , and reasonable objection to a specific clause. I am sure teh Assembly will debate it and vote on it one way or another. But do you believe this clause should be the basis for rejecting the entire constitution? Any other clauses that warrant the protest and teh public outcry that domintae the airwaves these days?

Also this constitution will be up for ratification in four years time. Common sense says if this is the prize we pay to get out of the hole we have been and end teh transition we shall adopt it and ratify in four years with greater public participation. But to just say NO is holding Somala back

As I said earlier the constitution could be 100% right but I object is this top down of approach by the government, our elites should be able to carry people with them and there no need to threaten anyone for putting their opinions out. Now if anyone is waging war against the state and Somali people then they are definately the enemy and appropriate measures should be taken. As for politics, there will always be political disagreement, that is the nature of beast! No need to go overboard.

^^Somalia has a political calendar. No one shall be allowed to disrupt the process to get the country out of the transitional status, which enabled the very forces we seem to be complaining about. Get your status back, work with friends like Turkey and go from there.

But this naysaying is just sadly reflective of our ****** pattern we have been practicing in the last twenty years to no avail. It should be prevented by any means possible.

Mario B   

xiinfaniin;825223 wrote:
^^Somalia has a political calendar. No one shall be allowed to disrupt the process to get the country out of the transitional status.

The political calendar is an arbitrary deadline, even if we hold presidential elections tomorrow it wont change the fact that the new interim goverment will only be controlling Mogadishu. The fact that Afgoye which is 10 miles away hasn't been captured since we entered this calendar year gives me more concern than some constitution. As I commented earlier UK which is called the mother of democracy has got no written consitutions. The TFG can introduce bills of rights as a temporal measure while it reconstituting the state.... FFS! we dont even have a judicial and we here singing and dancing about some constitution. We need to learn to walk before we can run. Lets not be like "Somaliland"...who have been putting the cart before the horse for the past 21yrs. :D

The calendar has a sequence waryaa, the constitution contains the political arrangement and reflects the realities on the ground. The hope is 4 years from now these realities will change to the better Somalia will not be as polarized as it is today.

Adopt a constitution, select a parliament, and form a government, and the transitional status will end. A government with more flexibility to deal other countries and enter bilateral agreements will be born. Arms embargo will be lifted, Somalis will take more responsibility for securing thier land and defending its borders...the good days are ahead waryaa ee jooji muranka oo toosi luquntaada , haddii kale waa lagaa tagi ee ogow

Mario B   

^^ Lol, this is not some muran saxib, it's just top down approach tend to end in failure, USA has spent 4 trillion and murdered 250k people in order to create democracy in both Afghanistan and Iraq and still came out short. What we need in Somalia is to carry all sections of the society if we are going succeed. We can use guns in order to create security but we cannot use them to settle political differences!