Blessed

Is Muslim fashion finally 'on trend'?

Buuxo   

Its definitely getting easier to find clothes that both stylish and modest.

Fashion and beauty markets are slowly responding to the needs of changing demographics.

Blessed   

^Salaams hon, how are you? It's been awhile. I think our hijab fashion bloggers have played an important role in raising the profile of the hijabi consumer. I heard in Australia, there are high street hijab boutiques too??

Skirts of amazing designs, abayas of different designs and patterns, different printed hijabs, maxi dresses, t-shirts for women, hoodies, everything is becoming a trend. No more abayas of black color are available now. Variety of designs of all the dresses of Islamic women are available at rates so affordable at online stores.

ASC, sisters

I have came across this website today and as I was browsing through, I came across your discussion board. Very fascinating topic you could say to those of us who would like to look stylish and modest. I have moved to Dubai few years ago from, America, and let me tell the abaya's I had with me were 'outdated' and to add insult; I was told that "Asian" women were known to wear such styles. I am talking about the stretchy material abaya's with straw hands and flawy bottom.

Since, then I have become opposed in finding what I like to call "off the door abaya's", meaning something that would only require me to put and look beautiful without exaggerating my modesty. Something affordable and comfortable that wouldn't break the bank, but would give people my sense of style.

The searching wasn't easy. I am for sure a 'picky' person, and in conclusion i wanted to fit in and not be identified as 'wanabe'. So my search continued until I found abaaya's that would flatter my body with a sass and colour.

Here are some of the findings. I hope you all would like...

I am sorry wouldn't let me do attachment but more then happy to email some of the styles I found and bought.

shamsamohamed30@gmail.com

Abdi   

Hi guys,

I am a recent graduate of a local university here in Kenya and I am planning to do my masters degree in either Canada or Australia. I have not yet settled on any of the two but they surely top my list. Anyone studying in these two countries to consult before deciding. Please private-message me. Thanks

It's the year 2012. Debates over the hijab are boring us to death. Why should women put it on? Whether or not they are compelled to do so. "But I'm sure they have a beautiful head of hair under there," says the narrator. SNOOP. All of this discussion ignores the role of fashion in the success of the hijab. It's simply better to be a trendy Muslim in Britain these days – a stroll down Oxford Street disproves misconceptions of the hijab as dull and restricting. Girls with a mountain of fabric stacked up to create a beehive style hijab, girls with a mountain of fabric piled up to create a beehive style hijab - heck, I also saw a lady wearing a glittery blue cardigan as a headscarf once (I saw the sleeve hanging out).
However, since western brands are unable to market to Muslim women, hijab-wearing shoppers must be extra cautious on the high street. The entire ensemble must be considered. Unless you're wearing an abaya, this means you'll need to learn how to layer. Maxi dresses need a scarf, midi skirts need leggings or shorts, and low-cut tops necessitate a long hijab. With her clothes company, Barjis, Barjis Chohan, a protege of Vivienne Westwood, is trying to make it simpler. Chohan saw a void in a market filled with impractical polyester abayas and over-embellished abayas that are only fit for special occasions.