Sign in to follow this  
Juxa

Your Immigration Queries

Juxa   

Hi guys

As part of my never ending training I am doing a seat in immigration law. Quite frankly waan ka yaabay conflicting information given by some immigration practitioners.

Obviously there are quite few Somali immigration case workers and some solicitors working in London. I am not sure if anyone is actually doing Pro Bono work or intends to for the Somali Community.

I do not intend to practice immigration as career as it is not fast or profitable enough. I will not pretend to be an expert but I would like to share what I know so far, I am happy to help for next eh 8 weeks and save you £££ or direct you where possible Insha Allah.

Immigration is big part of our lives, be it the new comers such as asylum seekers or people going overseas for husband/wife shopping, or immigrating families from the rest of Europe.

One thing I would like to say to SOLers is that qofkasta can submit any application without the need of a lawyer. Obviously it is important to read the requirements si tartiib ah, adigoo dagan oo koob shaah ah ku ag yaalo.

Please do check the UK Border Agency website and bear in mind at least twice a month the rules and requirements change so you can not submit an application based heblaayo or hebel application uu sameystay a year ago.

The fees for applications has gone up and if one submits an application whilst they are missing certain documents or do not meet certain criteria’s, qofkaas loses their money and have to pay yet another fee to resubmit.

Insha Allah I have identified few topics of interest to our ever expanding community such as:

1. Family reunion, be it as spouse, parents, brothers and sisters

2. Applications for Asylum

3. Legal Aid

4. Settlement of EEA nationals in the UK

5. Settlement of non EEA nationals on the basis of their marriage or dependency to EEA

nationals

6. Rights of appeal and HRA applications for people who already exhausted their appeal rights.

7. Judicial Review

Showqi   

Juxa;822797 wrote:
Hi guys

Insha Allah I have identified few topics of interest to our ever expanding community such as:

1. Family reunion, be it as spouse, parents, brothers and sisters

2. Applications for Asylum

3. Legal Aid

4. Settlement of EEA nationals in the UK

5. Settlement of non EEA nationals on the basis of their marriage or dependency to EEA

nationals

6. Rights of appeal and HRA applications for people who already exhausted their appeal rights.

7. Judicial Review

Juxa, Walaal weynu wada ognahay in uu Af Soomaaligaagu aad iyo aad u fiican yahay, marka maxaad waxan oo dhan Af Soomaali ugu qori weyday si ay Ayeeyo iyo Awoowe (iyo dadka cusub ee UK imanaya ee Ingiriisigoodo aanu aad iyo aad fiicneyn wali) kuu fahmaan misi adiguna waxaad iska dhigaysaa qof qalaad? Waaba wax lala yaabo gabadhii kali aheyd ee wax baratay in ay dadkeedii af qalaad kula hadasho. Iyada oo Af Soomaaligeedu aad iyo aad u fiican yahay:mad::mad::mad:

I am not attacking you Juxa but please lets communicate with our own language with each other. Bal maxaynu af qalaad ugu wada hadleynaa inaga oo Af keenii Hooyo wadda naqaana????

nuune   

^^ Af Soomaaliga juxa garamgaram waaye, waa aan ogaa wey yara dhaantey sidan oo Af Soomaaligii Sayidka iyo Xadraawi ayey ku ku hadli/qori jirtey, waayadan danbe sidey u noqoteyba xaakim/qaadi/abukaate luqadiiba hal iyo eber ayey dirtey.

ka yeeli maayo ineysan Af Soomaali ku qori karin what is "Judicial Review",

By the way Juxa, maybe you have it or I already gave you, there is a legal dictionary available online, let me know hadaa dhumisey, waan kuu hayaa asoo sajalaateesan.

Back to the topic, all that for free, ma anaan yaabin, haye anigana inaa qof ii soo galiso aan rabaa, she ain't Somali though, waa naag Suuriyaan ah, we can use the Syria unrest as an excuse for quick visa, meeqaa iga qaadanee, tolnimo ahaan free waa iska rawi lahaay

Ps: Please bring Alpha's new wife to the UK before they fight.

Juxa   

^^^ dulmiga dhaafa please odayaashiina toxobeystay

Alpha this is my wedding gift to you:)

Application for Spouse Visa

Assuming you will be making this application whilst you still in Somali-Land yaa alpha, this is what you will need to do:

First the nearest Embassy would be British High Commission, Addis Ababa / Ethiopia or the one in Djibouti.

Your application is called Application for entry clearance as a spouse of a person present and settled in the UK - Paragraph 281 of the Immigration Rules

You will need a cover letter if your wife to be is going on her own to the embassy, giving a brief immigration history ie that she is xxx national and has not made any other application previously etc.

Then you will need to explain relationship with the sponsor that is you Alpha, how you met, how long you have known one another. You must have a marriage certificate/warqada nikaha ah, preferably certified one.

Next you need evidence that your relationship is genuine, that you intend to live together in the UK, such evidence is for example tenancy agreement/accommodation requirement must be fulfilled.

Next hurdle is evidence of maintenance; she must not be burden to the UK government, so evidence of your employment, income, wage slips, bank statements, savings, property etc.

It is possible to use third party sponsor, such as siblings, parents etc. They must provide evidence that they will support the marriage, provide accommodation or give financial assistance.

Your wife to be must have the English Language requirement, she must pass the test. Alternatively you have to show she is exempt ( I doubt she will be as only old people, sick people, disabled people or illiterate people are exempt so I suggest you start practising with her)

In summary you will need the following documents:

1. Completed Application Form (VAF 4A, available at UK Border Agency website)

2. X2 sponsor’s original travel documents/passport/ID card

3. Two passport sized photographs of your wife

4. X2 Photos of sponsor

3. Original Islamic Marriage certificate/Civil marriage certificate

4. Tenancy agreement/Evidence of accommodation

5. Letters of support from sponsor, family and friends in the UK

6. Bank statements and wage slips from the sponsor

7. Evidence of relationship, photos, emails, letters

8. Passport copy for the third party sponsor (if you using one)

9. Letter of support from the third party sponsor

10. Wage slips for the third party sponsor

11. Evidence of financial support from the sponsor

Juxa   

showqi, dhib maleh inaan afsomali ku qoro, lakin marwalba audienceka waa inaad ka fakartaa marka hadii qof naga mid ah ay deriska u sharxeyso waa inaan at least magaca formk ay u buuxin laheyd usheegaa si ay uga soo bixiso internetka oo eedo iyo ayeeyo ey ugu buuxiso sow ma garan. teeda kale time-wise waa dhib badan tahay inaan afsomali kusoo qoro waxkasta anigoo jooga shaqo. guriga markaan tagana jikada kama badna waqtigeyga (family commitment)

ps: i have no clue what judicial review is afsomali lagu dhaho, majiro kalmad u qaas ah, oo waxa kaliya dhihi kartaa markaad appeal walba ka quusato waxa jira codsi loo diro maxkamada oo lagu egayo inuu Home Officeka go'aan sharciyan ahaan qaldan uu gaarey.

Ngonge i know you meant flood gates bey furtay lakin be careful oo si kale yaan loo fasiran hadalka, in fact you should edit as it is offensive

Showqi   

nuune;822812 wrote:
^^ Af Soomaaliga juxa garamgaram waaye, waa aan ogaa wey yara dhaantey sidan oo Af Soomaaligii Sayidka iyo Xadraawi ayey ku ku hadli/qori jirtey, waayadan danbe sidey u noqoteyba xaakim/qaadi/abukaate luqadiiba hal iyo eber ayey dirtey.

Nuune, Waxaan u maleynayaa waxa aad sheegeysaa run ayey noqdeen, waayo gabadhii inaga ayeyba Af Ingiriisi inagula hadleysaa. Ayeeyo iyo Awoowe oo aanay A. B . and C u bilowneyna alla ha u naxariisto:mad:

wyre   

Waan usoo haajiri rabaa ingiriiska, i have kenyan passport, but a good friend of mine told me markaad ingiriiska ka dageyso waa inaad passport cuntaa, haddii kale isla diyaaraddaa lagugu soo celinaa, Juxa malaga yaabaa inaad qofka i qaabilaayo noqoto, No matter qofki iqaabilo oo dumar somali ah i'll just ask "Ma juxa SOL, baad tahay":D I hope inaadan buuryaqabta meeshaas fadhido igu ceebeysan :D:D