Sign in to follow this  
Archdemos

Somali Companies

I was trying to find facts and figures and hopefully names of the largest food importers in the Somali region and also some of the largest construction companies in the country. Any names, websites and contact details greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

nuune   

Shinbir Majabe;820210 wrote:
Horyal Construction & Water Engineering Company

Daryeel Construction Company

Albashid Construction

Aflax Construction Company

At this time, the four you mentioned there ONLY exist in NAME only.

Arch, if you are looking for real Somali companies, go to the east of african cities, Nairobi, Kampala, Dar Salaam, Zanzibar etc, in there, they own and manage one of the largest and profitable companies in Africa, in billions of dollars.

Ps: Did you know that in Uganda, the military and army supplies is done by a Somali company in Uganda, they supply food, and everything from training equipment to toothpaste, how did they get into the military and army business, another topic!

ElPunto   

^Yeah - Arch - I think you won't much useful info online. Can only be found face to face. And even then - not sure how reliable that info would be. Somalida like to boast and exaggerate.

^^ cheers mate, i've got tonnes of various grades of rice to shift and was thinking as Somalis eat quite a bit of rice then they may prove a good avenue. I've also got a lot of materials to shift in construction e.g UPVC pipes, drainage pipe and fittings ( SWR or for agricultural purposes), PPR, CPVC, HDPE pipes and Fittings, PTFE Thread Sealant tapes, Various kinds of valves, flanges, in PP, Brass and other materials. Sanitary Fittings, Hardware tools and Fasteners.

I have access to a vast range of products that can be supplied but just need to get in touch with the buyers in Somalia. Unfortunately there is no directory to contact these companies. Might try my luck in East Africa first.

I've heard of Omaar Company and Indhodheero Company. They have a monopoly over food importation in Somaliland, but no website.

ElPunto;820254 wrote:
^Yeah - Arch - I think you won't much useful info online. Can only be found face to face. And even then - not sure how reliable that info would be. Somalida like to boast and exaggerate.

I agree

Some how, i never done business with nomads....currently, i have contracts in Ethiopia, kenya and south Africa.. well ...these are the places where my good friends are from. i sell & ship computers parts, sw/hw and office mgt software etc.,

in la, i have become the new haile salassie...tonite this family gave me kus kus dinner. Last nite, another lady that i did some office repairs gave me the kitfaa food. Its still sitting in my frig....i cant eat canjeero and shitty meat! My neighbor who is african america lady eats that stuff....! I like american food 2...lol sorry.I had beef tacos for lunch today!! yummy lol... hard to eat rice, pasta everyday... just like u cant have xalimoo everyday!! lol

That said...i cant make a company name...why....taxes!! I dont wanna deal with Uncle Sam...hes a fdup mofo. I am african, i dont pay no taxes...sorry uncle sam.