Sign in to follow this  
Mujahida

Marrying a new convert to islam ?! Share your thoughts

Rokko   

Leatefah, how am I hating? :confused: :confused:

ya didn't even answer ma first question. :confused:

good luck

ofcourse I Do marry ... nothing going to stop me :D , then my kidds w'll not have a tribe {clan} :cool: but they w'll get kuffar uncles and grand perants :eek: - let me look a guy his perants passed away.. :D Allah knows the best have fun guys smile.gif

Coloow   

salaama,

I have not had the time to read all the responses to this issue. However, I have a few points to make.

The so called "marriage to converts" has lately become a popular way for different races(!) to win the hearts of our somali women. I have seen cases where the so called convert actually behaves in the same manner after he has secured the blessing of the parents, family and the somali community.

It is a trap at its worst.

I have witnessed nearly 20 convert-somali marriages. Almost all of them appears to me (and I am just making a human assumption here) that the aim was only to secure the heart of the somali woman.

On the contrary marriage between somali men and other women seems to work!

salam

at first i see the need to filter,divide from the sens makin folks and the not so makin any sens folks such as munfia, and walking words.

those who arent makin any sens are...lol

ur drowning "munfia" yes u are and u need to be rescued why do i say that? simple...i wont marry a black muslim lol thats ur prerogative u can do that ur not obligated, this is where the problem arise when u say "this is what they call having an opinion" lol do u have any idea how empty that sounds?otherwise u wouldnt say so,

having an opinion is one thing, justification is another, so young lady next time u feel like sharing some...please do just dont forget to justify. enough about u.

now walking words dont force me to be normal? what are u sayin that u r different? lol whats being different? care to enlighten us about abnormality?

now dear lateafa remember when u wrote this topic u said please share ur thoughts? so we did and u knew the outcome of this would have two sides to this, the yes its ok to marry a moslem convert, and the well u know the rest.

now my question to u is...how am i hating? cuz i asked u whats wrong with ur kind? so i guess what u want it to hear was for everyone to say go right ahead? if thats the case than thats wishfull thinking. no disrespect i thought u knew sound articulate and all but hey thats just an impression. one more thing if u put 2&2 answer is 4...lol where am i goin with this? lol previously u wrote about oral now about new converts...lol

ur doin ur homework girl and please people for those of us who arent immigrants living in aussieland what the heck is kiwi and whatever other fruits u call each other.

Mujahida   

Salam

Mob_deep,

I decided not to answer you because i didn't think that ur question was worthy of being answered :confused: . Sorry brother, but i'm not the kind of a person that judges on Looks or skin color. I honestly do not even believe in falling for physical attractions. So, u'll keep on getting me wrong if u don't even know where i'm coming from or what my thoughts actual intentions are.

Talking about Aqeedah and Islam, how many of ya would marry a nice, pious, devout Somali guy from one of the "enslaved, ostricized, discriminated" Somali tribes?

SubhanaAllah.I do not have to prove you a thing at all. But if u really wanna know. I never think highly of myself, I never put myself above anybody. I'm the kinda of a person that will sit next to you and smile with you & I won't carry any hate in my heart regardless of your tribe or skin color nor will i think even for a sec that your less than me. Thats what I believe!

Originally posted by thought_control

i guess what u want it to hear was for everyone to say go right ahead? if thats the case than thats wishfull thinking.

Your wrong. I don't need nobody's approval nor nobody's councel. Thats not the whole point i posted this thing for. It was just to share your thoughts and see our differences and debate and Learn all for the better. And to advice me, and so many did that already Alhamdulilah. You said something about my posts, this is my reply to you lol, why do you include urself in my posts than? Suppose u find them interesting! So, i didn't ask you to reply me or give me ur inputs. Stay away in the future if it's too much for ur mind to bear. I understand ;)

Wa/Salam

Asalamu alaikum sis

As long as he is a muslim, and lives by sharicah then there is nothing wrong with marrying him sis, God say in his quran, he made us into nations and tribes so we may know each other not judge or fight each other. As long as you think that marriage will work with allahs guidance then go for it. And allah knows best.

Wa salam

Pacifist   

SALAAM FIRST TO THE ABOVE POSTER :confused:

SISTER MUJAHID FI SO TELLS US AFTER A YEAR, ARE YOU MARRIED UPDATE US ABAYO. AND IF YOU DID CONGRATS

Beard   

Bismillah,

Why is the preference heavily in favour of white converts?

A good muslim/muslimah should treat a mushunguli and white muslim equally.

it is embarassing there are so many willing somali ladies and few white converts to take.

Yet somali jareers with probably higher taqwa are frowned upon.

Are some somalis trying to climb the racial ladder?----very shameful for a proud people.

Somali men are also on the other extreme.

A lady was willing to convert and marry this somali dude.

Another somali shouted:

"war yanay ku gu muslimin."

He refused flat out to marry her and she did not become a muslim!

converts make some of the best muslims, however you should still do yr homework on them before marriage jst like you would with a born muslim.

Mujahida   

Asalamalaykum

Hasna, Alhamdulilah I've been married for 3 months now, but not to the person I was intending at the time I started this thread which was last year, and Yes incase your wondering whether its a revert to islam smile.gif

May Allah grant you all pious spouses ameen.

FeeAmanaAllah

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum..

I would say, that Converts/Reverts make some of the best Muslims that I personally know.

As of right now, I am in Toronto, because this Daw'aah Center (The Reign of Islaamic Daw'aah/ Masjid Furqan) is having a speaker from USA by the name of Aboo Tasneem Dawood Adeeb

So, right now I am staying at a Friends apartment, and everyone there (2 visiters, and the two tenants) are Reverts/Converts, and Wallaahi their Akhlaq is amazing, their deen is amazing, how much they cling to the Qur'aan and Sunnah and the way of the Salaf-us-Saalih, and how much they love the Scholars...Masha Allaah

Just 30 mins ago, one of the brothers fell asleep while studying/reading Ibn Kathir's Tafseer, Masha Allaah, then he woke up and continued reading...Masha Allaah, these converts really understand and apply Tawheed, if you ask one of these people that I am staying with the proofs of Tawheed, then they can tell you with ease, Masha Allaah

A lot of these converts are attending Madinah Univeristy, and the camp in Yemen run by Shaykh Yayha Al-Hajoree, a student of Shaykh Muqbil, May Allaah be please with them All.

They, the brothers that I am staying with, are always in thobe/khamis, and the ones that I know that are married..(funny enough, most of the converts I know are married to Somalee Sisters) their wives where the Niqaab/face veil..Masha Allaah

Suprisingly Enough, most of them are upon the correct Aqeedah, and this is the way of Ashaabul-Hadeeth..because these Converts, love Islaam, and Insha Allaah want the Truth, so they come to pure Islaam that is free of Innovation, and stick to the Ulama/Scholars of Islaam.

Just look at the Convert Sisters, most of them end up covering their face, Wa'lhumdulilaah.

So I personally think one should not marry someone based on Colour but based on deen, but if two sisters/brothers are equal and deen, then go marry the one you prefer because of skin colour/beauty..etc

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum

Bismilah,

Marrying is a must for an every able Muslim. But marrying a convert will always require taking some risk. I advice the sister to never underestimate the helpful advices of her parents, because her parents' say will finaly come to the process, so consult with them before considering our advices.

And Allah knows the best.

KOYA PLEASE DONT REFER TO US AS YOU BROTHERS AND SISTERS AS YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN KALIMA LAA ILAAHA ILLALAHU MUHAMADDUN RASUULULLAH.

WE ARE NOT YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE NOT A MUSLIM BY THE LOOKS OF IT AND BY WHAT YOU SEEM TO BE PREACHING.WE DONT NEED YOUR PREACHING WE HAVE OUR OWN RELIGION AND IT ISCOMPLETE AS ALLAH HAS SAID SO AND AND HAVE NO INTENTION OF LISTENING TO YOU.YOU ARE THOSE REFERED TO IN THE HOLY QURAN AS iBLIS AMONGST JINNS AND MEN

LEAVES US LEAVE US LEAVE US LEAVE US ALONE IBLIS :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

IF YOU WISH TO STAY PLEASE HAVE RESPECT FOR OUR BELIEF OR LEAVE!!!!!!!!

Xoogsade   

Orgilaqe, If Koya keeps to be polite and discusses with an open mind, he/she will be the one either converted or taught something new about islam she/he didn't know prior to discussing with Muslims. Koya knows only what Koya was taught possibly as the final truth and never ventured into examining other religions. So, brother Orgilaqe, don't worry about Koya. Koya will learn something with Allah's help.

Koya.

Welcome.