Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Somaliland Rain Appreciation Thread

Haatu   

Alpha, it it meant to rain this part of the year or is Climate Change at play here? Does it rain in the Xagaa season?

LIVE and EXCLUSIVE from the nation's capital, y'all.

you've guess it....its RAINING right now in real time (18:27).

AWESOME stuff. it started slowly but now it's increasing it's speed, intensity and velocity. mashallah.

Haatu;973277 wrote:
Alpha, it it meant to rain this part of the year or is Climate Change at play here? Does it rain in the Xagaa season?

abti,

climate changes affects industrialised countries, ma garatay? although, i wouldn't be surprised, if it's reached here in the form of acid rain, air pollution and other related toxins. i'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories, balse, i reckon climate change is a way of changing the discourse on economic development. this is deliberately to impede the development of developing countries and emerging markets. caadi maha all this talk about ''carbon footprints'' and ''ozone layer depletion'' etc.

the rains starts on the 22nd of March every year, abti. at first i was like 'how specific, ma istidhi?', you know. but it's true walahi. the British colonial masters rightly predicted the start of the rains and it's the one thing we all agree on. we also ALL agree on another innately residual vestige of our British legacy - Somaliland :P:D . the rains last for 6 months approx and end around October-ish. it's usually sporadic towards the end, balse, it didn't rain beyond November last year. then...... from November to March 22nd approx, it's awful. it's cold, it's dusty, it's not evergreen anymore and produce like lettuce and all sorts of mild salads are very EXPENSIVE all of a sudden. not nice at all. :cool:

be that as it may, we are all enjoying the bounties of the All-Mighty and we are mashAllah for now. ;):)

it's very close to raining today. since the 22nd of March, the rains have been disappointed. i'm fairly confident it'll rain today. all the signs are there.

This Tower Pulls Drinking Water Out of Thin Air

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovation/this-tower-pulls-drinking-water-out-of-thin-air-180950399/?no-ist

Why can't they harvest the rainwater,the Hargeisa administrators

A simple calculation

if you collect rainwater from your own roof or whatever- a 30xm wide x 50m long has surface area 1500m2. for every (0.025m) that falls it will drain 37500 litres of rainwater, imagine if you could that in one acre!!. if you get (0.8m) of rain in a year , from the roof it will yield 1,200,000 litres. this could be worth £2200 here in Uk.

the cost

50000 litre tank with liner, anti algae cover and outlet and overflow will cost you £2-500, normally the tank installation pays for itself in 3-5 years.

southeastern water company in Uk they will charge you £1.6065 for 1 cubic M or 1000 liter

here in Uk annual water usage per person is 54 cubic metres or 50000 liter

for farmers dairy

if you are a dairy farm with 100 dairy cow in full lactation indirectly uses 100 liters of water/day for drinking, for parlour washdown, yard cleaning, general washing and etc

so for every 100 cows the reuiqrement is 10000 litres/day. that's 3,650,000 litre or put another way its close to £7000, here in UK My main point is, Lets harvest the The White gold-