Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Somaliland Rain Appreciation Thread

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;823161 wrote:
Everyone talks politics dee.

Values? Vision? Or not wanting to be seen as another adeerkiisa taageeraaya? Pull the other one
:D

Nothing to do with "not wanting to be seen", saaxib. More to do with not wanting to have my arm twisted. Wax fahan.

Ayoub, not THAT hotel. I did not go anywhwere near that conference, but Norf wanted to (I can't even remember if he actually went now). Heh.

its raining heavily right now. just sat down for a major encongressment and it started raining when i came in lol.

please take your arm chair politics elsewhere.

Still at work ,,, but it is raining cats & dogs ........... I guess I won't go home under this windy ,, not sure if I will be able to get in & out of the car anyways ,,,

in what has been the 'most rain day' lol ever in my short but rich hargeisa-somaliland experience. it was heavy and my house was flooded. my carpet and rug were soaked and i've put them out in the veranda to dry up. all my belongings were somehow affected by the rain. i can't ever begin to describe how heavy it rained today but mashallah. people were rejoicing and you could see this on their faces.

Haatu   

Apparently it rained in Gsa today as well. I love the earthy smell and watching the huge rain drops hit the floor.

OMG.....its been raining in very powerful intervals since magrib prayers. this is incredible. in the last 5mins, its raining like MAD.......its raining CATS and DOGS...:D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

the rains have come! the rains have come! the rains have come...MASHALLAH.

Salatul Istisqa, Prayer for Rain

This prayer is taken recourse to when seeking rain from Allah during times of drought. It may be performed in one of the following manners:

1-The imam prays, with the followers, two rak’at during any time except those times in which it is not desirable to pray. In the first rak’ah, the imam recites al-A’la after al-Fatihah. And in the second rak’ah, he reads al-Ghashiyah after al-Fatihah, and he delivers a khutbah before or after the salah. As soon as he finishes the khutbah, the people present should turn their outer garments around, each placing its left side on his right side and its right side on his left, face the qiblah (Ka’ba), supplicate Allah and raise their hands while doing so.

Ibn ‘Abbas reports: “The Messenger of Allah went out [to make the salatul istisqa’] wearing old clothes, in a humble and lowly manner, and prayed two rak’at as he prayed the ‘id, but he did not give a similar khutbah.” This is related by the five. At-Tirmithi, Abu ‘Awanah, and Ibn Hibban grade it sahih.

‘Aishah says: “The people complained to the Messenger of Allah about lack of rain, so he gave orders for a pulpit to be prepared, and when it was set up for him, he appointed a day for the people to gather. He came out on that day when the sun had just appeared and sat down on the pulpit. He extolled Allah’s greatness and praised Him. Then he said: ‘You have complained of drought in your areas and of delay in receiving rain at the beginning of its season, but you have been ordered by Allah to supplicate Him and He has promised that He would answer your prayers.’ Then he said: ‘All praise is for Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful, the King of the Day of Judgment.

There is no God but Allah Who does what He wishes. O Allah, there is no God except Thee. You are the Self-sufficient and we are the poor. Send down rain upon us and make it a source of strength for us and satisfaction for us.’ He then raised his hands and kept raising them till the whiteness of his armpits could be seen.

After this, he turned his back to the people and inverted his cloak, keeping his hands raised. Finally, he faced the people, descended from the pulpit, and prayed two rak’at. At that time Allah produced a cloud, thunder, and lightning. And, by Allah’s permission, it rained and before he reached the mosque there was flooding. Then he saw how quickly the people were running for shelter, he laughed until his molar teeth could be seen. He said: ‘I bear witness that Allah has power over all things and I am Allah’s slave and Messenger.’” This is related by al-Hakim who classifies it to be sahih and by Abu Dawud who says: “This hadith is ghareeb and its chain is good.”

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH..

it's raining heavenly right now. its also making thunder and onkod noises.....OMG, this is exciting stuff. i'm REALLY tempted to go outside and just perform that famous Frank Sinatra song.