Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Will you ever go back to Somalia and what do you see yourself doing?

gooni   

Mar hadaad wadanka dagaal uga cararteen waxaa ila roon inaad meeshiina iska joogtaan inta cilaanku idiin qalalayo

mashruuc macna leh oo qurbo joog keentayna lama sheegin

Waxa kaliya oo laydinka faa'iidi karaa waa markaad airporada busta badan kasoo dagtaan xoogaaga canshuurta ah oo laydinka qaado qaar badan oo ka murmayana waaba arkay inta caag biyo ah kabada leh maxay tahay 40 dollar sow ima taqaaniin

Wadani   

Fearing a move to Somalia in the near future because of the prevailing security situation or the economic feasibility of such a grand undertaking (esp with a spouse/children like Chimera) is perfectly understandable and legitimate. But the rest of u who brought up trivial and superifcial reasons not to return, such as a dislike for insects or lack of paved roads, truely disgust me. Such ppl arent patriotic Somalis at all and should just stop discussing Somali affairs all together. Sounds harsh right? Well Good, cuz its the truth. U West worshipping, self indulgent, vain brats need a serious reality check. Get overselves seriously, and know that Somalia doesnt need u.

gooni;816806 wrote:
Mar hadaad wadanka dagaal uga cararteen waxaa ila roon inaad meeshiina iska joogtaan inta cilaanku idiin qalalayo

Waxa kaliya oo laydinka faa'iidi karaa waa markaad airporada busta badan kasoo dagtaan xoogaaga canshuurta ah oo laydinka qaado qaar badan oo ka murmayana waaba arkay inta caag biyo ah kabada leh maxay tahay 40 dollar sow ima taqaaniin

Gooni, thats BS saaxiib. Without diaspora money, brains, and effort, Somalia would've been gone with the wind long time ago.

Check the top 10 companies in Somalia and you'll see most of them owned or main shareholders are diaspora.

You're wrong in that assumption, Gooni. Shidaalka Somalia ku dhaqaaqayso waxaa laga soo diraa dibadaha. Millions in remittances is nothing to sniff at, I think.

[Edit] Lol, looks like Muk got there first.

Val...I think we have sense of entitlement. We want everything readied for us before we come. This country needs people that will sacrifice comfort and even personal ambitions, I think it's fair to say no Soler falls in this category, not today anyway.

I like Juxa's idea-renounce foreign passports and move with your family. On side note, it was interesting to see Turks moving into Xamar with families.

Che, you might just be right, but those people exist and some are already there now. Including a Soler or two, I would wager. I'm curious though, are you planning to relocate permanently then?

Val...I do want to relocate permanently. When you are single, this is easier to do, now I have to consult with others:D

I would have to say I need clear goals of what I need to do there.

Abwaan   

gooni;816806 wrote:

gooni waa lala yaabayaa laakiin runta ayuu ka hadlay. Sida qurbe-joogtu u badan tahay dalka khayr uguma keenin. Xoogaaga biilka ah ee ay qaraabadooda u diraan bay rabaan inay dalka ku gumeystaan.

Meelaha aad joogtaan qabriyo hallaga gato waayo caqliga meelahan lala joogo ee ah ciddaydaa wax walba taqaan soo maahan midka lala laabanayo (Baaranooyada xaggeeda ha joogtee qof gaar ah ma khusayso, dadka dhanna ma wada ahan noocaan). Soomaaliya dhibka hallaga yareeyo dheef badan hadda lama geynayee...

Laab-lakac Soomaali waa ku dheereysaa laakiin hawl hagar la'aan loo qabto naguma badna weliba dhinaca danta guud ee dadweynaha iyo u adeegidda dowladda.

Meel baabuurta lagu dhaqo iyo goomiiste waa la furan karaa laakiin shacabka oo la turxaan bixiyo, nabaddoo horseed loo noqdo, dadka oo isku si loo arko sinnaana lagula dhaqmo ayaa ugu habboon.

Blessed   

I don't think the decision to not go back should be held against a person. Somalia / Somaliland doesn't need all of us.

*Blessed;816832 wrote:
I don't think the decision to not go back should be held against a person. Somalia / Somaliland doesn't
need
all of us.

inaadeer i agree 100%. this place is full. no more.

Brave ones should head home first and convince us to follow suit then and only then..! It will be another 10 years until I may entertain the idea of leaving this comfort zone for permanent settlement back home.

I know an old man in Harlem, whose been here with my other now English abti sense 1950s. If u go to his house, with pics of horses of Sanaag, and the way he talks about the "old country" you would think this man left Somalia yesterday. 20 something odd years I have learned this is an illusion best crushed as early as possible. An old professor from Minnesota gave me the advice " ka dhalaal meeshat joogtit" before u think of anything else, me thinks that was good advice.

^ we know the self-imposed exile brothers have no use to this region lol. you on the other hand, NN have potential and should be selected for an interview to come.