Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Will you ever go back to Somalia and what do you see yourself doing?

Chimera;816645 wrote:
Cheers kulaha, dameer foqol dameer!! LOL

Seriously piss off Alpha, if I want to permanently settle in Somalia there are multiple things I have to take into account,
number one being whether the Queen of Queens actually wants to return to begin with
. It's all good that I have all these ambitions, but these plans come to a crashing halt if it means a long-distance relationship. I could dump her, but what's the alternative? Running around Hargeisa or Mogadishu chasing poor maids like you LOL, no thanks sxb.

My star is rising Alpha, don't worry about the safety-measures I will put in place to safeguard my future empire. Fall back!!

adams,

my sincere apologies. i had no idea you embraced the sacred and were married. from now on, i suppose i'll have to start treating you different with profound respect and deference. of course, i understand your predicament, you know, with you not been able to make unilateral decisions. keep well my brother!

If you are educated and interested in changing million lives for good , and when i say million literally mean it! Education is the sector you need to invest! small scale industries, Agriculture, you name it opportunities are plenty in Somalia, don't listen to security/safety crup, so long you don't involve your self with opposing parties,YOU ARE SAFE.

my biggest worry and concern is the number of NGO setting up camp here. NGOs are like vultures and dangerous to our very existance. they make governments redundant and make all attempts to build and develop our countries useless. they spend all allocated funds on flights, security, per diems (DSAs) and conferences/retreats in fancy and expensive hotels. they've infiltrated all sectors of society with their neo-imperial policy often distorting the development discourses for their own purposes.

we need to unleash our collective entrepreneurial spirit and trade among each other. and to develop indigenous policies tailored to our needs that counter NGOs dangerous long term effects.

Showqi   
Alpha, welcome to the realty. myself I am an old school NGOs and foreign companies won't fool me, when I say I am old school I mean I grow up with the communist government of Siad Barre. And the General (Siad Barre) use to say: "biyo sacabadaada ayaa looga dhargaa" taas oo macneheedu yahay waligaa ha ka sugin in qof ajinabi ahi barwaaqo ku kaadh siiyo. which is absolutely true....

Great response so far. He best ideas, investing in education, agriculture and small businesses. The cons are no sewage, flaying insects and lack of security.

I always believed Somalia needed some sort of Kibutz system or collective enterprises. Why not pool our resource and develop the land?

Carafaat   

I hope to go back in 3 to 4 years inshallah and would like to contribute to building up the executive branch of goverment as a civil servent. preferably in economic, public finance, monetary, trade or foreign affairs area.

^ which govt inaadeer lol?

also the number of diaspora should be carefully selected and strictly controlled. i believe there should a select committee that investigates 'returnees' motivates for coming back, only granting those with proven skills, experiences and knowledge. contributing is altruistic and its highly unlikely that diaspora folk are truly interested in contributing 'positively'. the term diaspora has become a dirty term in somaliland becos they are either mentally unstable or here to make a quick buck with limited or positive contributions.

Alpha Blondy;816767 wrote:
^ which govt
inaadeer
lol?

also the number of diaspora should be carefully selected and strictly controlled. i believe there should a select committee that investigates 'returnees' motivates for coming back. contributing is altruistic and its highly unlikely that diaspora folk are truly interested in contributing 'positively'. the term diaspora has become a dirty term in somaliland becos they are either mentally unstable or here to make a quick buck with limited or positive contributions.

Your right, I agree with you Alphy- lots of diaspora folks have bad intentions, either to fill their pockets, to further their political ambitions, or for name sake, there needs to be strict interview and vetting system to know what their motives are. Also one of the main problems are the diaspora people taking positions at home while their wives and children live in the west, this causes deflection and lack of concentration, and you see them every few months coming back to the west spending preciouse few months there while God knows what is happening to his responsibilities back home.

if I was the authority in charge I would've made these strict guidelines.y

1) Bring your family with you.

2) Transparency, show us all your account details abroad.

3) If you go back abroad you lose your job.

Juxa   

I think every individual seeking public office should bring his family specially in Somalia this requirement must be made mandatory

Government officials and their families must relinquish foreign nationality

Let's see if they would then shell their own families

GD I like the pooling of resources

Carafaat   

Juxa;816789 wrote:
I think every individual seeking public office should bring his family specially in Somalia this requirement must be made mandatory

Government officials and their families must relinquish foreign nationality

Let's see if they would then shell their own families

agree. loose the passport and bring the wive and kids.

Valenteenah.;816797 wrote:
I fret about how I can help economically but I don't dwell on returning yet. Some time in the future haduu Alle idmo, I would guess.

I can see my self sipping tea in a cool breezy afternoon at a posh cafe shop called Valenteenah somewhere in Somalia. ;)

Mukulaalow (surely curi is better?),

Yes yes, but a jalaato bar to be exact. Complete with the ice-cream factory in the back. Tii hii.

Che, I think it's just difficult to pinpoint when might be a good time. Once all the planets are aligned, people make their decision quite quickly. No point in laying out intricate plans now when things might not happen for a long time yet. Insha'Allah khayr uun, yeah?