Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Will you ever go back to Somalia and what do you see yourself doing?

Juxa   

Neither. XERO of excellency. An educational institute for the future leaders of Somalia.

Juxa;816452 wrote:
Neither. XERO of excellency. An educational institute for the future leaders of Somalia.

excellent long term vision.

Juxa   

Che I am sure he can manage just fine.

Mukulaalow it's actually doable but thanks. I could always become the warden of xabsiga dhexe. I promise to put intii danbi ka gasshay shacabka to hard labour camps.

I have a few projects already in place backbone but I want to start a trading company and a fishing business with 20% of profits going to running a school for orphans.

General Duke;816499 wrote:
I have a few projects already in place backbone but I want to start a trading company and a fishing business with 20% of profits going to running a school for orphans.

GD are you sure you want to start a fishing business, mise Puntland marines baad rabtaa inaad ku biirto?;)

BN   

Insha'allah, I hope to return soon. A visit within the next year and then a small scale manufacturing venture when feasible. Somalia/land are excellent opportunities at the moment, whether it be fisheries, frankincense, agriculture, or processing centres. Ideas abound. There is a palpable energy. Leadership is the Achilles' heel. But while there is risk, the opportunity to live in your homeland, contribute and help develop the country can be far greater.

Best of luck to those who venture forth!

BN

Somalia   

I'm going to Somalia for the first time this summer, I'm going to pack lightly so I can travel throughout the region and end up in my home village where I will do this inshallah.

Camelman.jpg

uchi;816585 wrote:
Wow Somalia, you never been?... prepare yourself for a rude awakening, literally.

best way to enjoy your first trip to the Motherland is to lower your expectations, remember you are going to a country without proper government and system for more than 21 years, there is chaotic and broken roads, dirty markets, and loud people who don't respect queues. And don't forget the flies and mosquitoes. plus, lots of adeers and eedos you've never heard of will come to you to get their share of your pocket.

Chimera   

I'm tempted to go back while I'm young and before the baby-drama, because I refused to be an absentee father, but at the same time would not want two precious beings in a place of uncertainty like Somalia (unless universal peace arrived across the country tomorrow), so I have a specific time limit, in the next one to two years, to return and start something solo. However I won't create the necessary capital to do anything significant in that time-span, unless I secure novel/comicbook-deals in that limit.

The future will tell, I truly hate the future.

Mukulaalow;816439 wrote:
I am planning to go back and get my three wishes.

1) A nice little villa.

10-10.jpg

2) A nice little Toyota Hillux.

toyota-hilux-surf-header.jpg

3) A nice little job.

Xafiiska-HIV.jpg

lol@Muku,

funnily enough these are the things most people aspire to!

Chimera;816598 wrote:
I'm tempted to go back while I'm young and before the baby-drama, because I refused to be an absentee father, but at the same time would not want two precious beings in a place of uncertainty like Somalia (unless universal peace arrived across the country tomorrow), so I have a specific time limit, in the next one to two years, to return and start something solo. However I won't create the necessary capital to do anything significant in that time-span, unless I secure novel/comicbook-deals in that limit.

The future will tell, I truly hate the future.

so much for your writings on we need to reinvent ourselves! what a hypocrite you are!

its heartbreaking to see you write this nonsense adams. who do you think you are putting conditions on whether you come here or not! you're clearly not as important as your writing suggest you are! i thought you were visionary and someone with substance but your just a waste of empty space. practice what you preach brother. cheers