Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Will you ever go back to Somalia and what do you see yourself doing?

Showqi;817243 wrote:
Hadii ay waxaas kuula yimaadaan just put on your fake Dhaqan Celis accent and tell them:
"Warya addiga waa buuqeysaa, anniga madaxa waa i cun-cunayaa"

Nice one. L00L. madaxa i cun cunaya.

Somalia-Somalia-Somalia. I always had a fantastic romantic picture of it as a child...then came those who were fleeing the war, and that dream got magnified 1000fold with romantic stories of how hamar was/is...i salivated. i could only fantasize.

Thanks for Ruining it pals. Thanks really.

Ps. Let me sought out this unresolved anger in me first then i will come back and answer the question of going to Somalia.

Abwaan   

Sayid*Somal;817262 wrote:
I guess none of you lot - ever heard of the
"Myth of Return"
- a well documented phenomenon among refugees.

well said S*S...Other people have been through this and this seems to be our turn....Somalis might be a little different. It all will depend on the situation on the ground and if this magic we seem to imagine ever appears and makes Somalia prosperous immediately like it happens that easily:D

Abwaan - hence why intend to migrate out of here first - into third country - before i return home to Qardho.

The problem is not with returning back home - but doing it so permanently - ie- severing any and all ties to your current domicile.

I'd love to. I probably wouldn't be living there 365 days of the year but something like 30-60 days a year iA. Anybody here knows "Grand Designs"? Would be cool to build a cool modern house iA and not get it looted.

I think it's beautiful that so many of you have all these dreams mashaAllah! Long live Somalia!

I will be honest and say I have never visited Somalia nor will I ever go there in the future until it's a peaceful country which I doubt will ever happen soon due to tribalism.

Somalia is a beautiful country populated with beautiful and courageous people. The only ugliness is our institutions and with the grace of Allah SWT we shall change that into a thing of beauty.

I shall go to Somalia if Allah wills I have made up my mind long ago. Regardless if it does not have a credible government. I and all those in the Diaspora are no better and one should not suffer from the illusion that we are superior to the million souls who live there.

Raamsade   

Yes, Allah willing. I plan on ressurecting Jowhar Rum which was of decent quality by international standards. That and opening swanky bars along the Xamar's beaches where the faithful can quench their thirst after exhausting sermons from local Wadaads.

Salaam Maryooley.

I've just sent the wife and kids. I'll be joining them in a few months inshalaah for a short vaction.

havent been back for 13 years.

I hope to cover Borama, Hargeisa, muqdisho, Bosasso, jabouti.

looking forward to it.

^^

well i do know that the islands consist of 6 main islands and its located in south of kismaayo ilaa lamu iyo dhulkaas. I haven't had the chance to visit those islands but inshallah in the future i will definetly go and visit those islands.