Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Will you ever go back to Somalia and what do you see yourself doing?

horta, why are the vast majority of qurbo's from the UK and mainland europe and the ones from america and other parts of the world never venture out here. thats interesting.....

Carafaat   

Alpha Blondy;816852 wrote:
horta, why are the vast majority of qurbo's from the UK and mainland europe and the ones from america and other parts of the world never venture out here. thats interesting.....

Alpha, I hope for the sake of the country that Somali-Americans never ever return. their honoust and simplistic world vieuws will only increase our level of ignorence. we dont need gender, clan, proposition 8, human rights, minority, orphan children, enviromental, or whatever activist. there is already enough xamasad. we dont need more one issue warriors.

Blessed   

Alpha Blondy;816836 wrote:
inaadeer
i agree 100%. this place is full. no more.

Hold on, there's a villa on Batalaale Beach with my name on it, dear. Don't shut the doors yet. Hehe.

will probably take me a few decades to earn it though. *sigh*

gooni   

Mukulow

top 10 lacagta wadankay kasoo saareen canshuur la'aan iyo baylah jirta awgeed

VAL

waa laga yaabaa inaad iga aragti duwan tahay shidaalka soomaaliya lagu shido qurbahaa u sababa dhibna waa leeyahay dheefna waa leeyahay,dhibkiisa waxaa ka mida aan dagaalee caruurta ii masruuf

Calaa kuli,,,wadanku sidii hore maahan xabada badan baa ka dhaca dadku waa qufacayaa biyuhu wey culus yihiin waxaa laga yaabaa inay biyahaasu idinku keenaan tummy troubles,lacagta un soo dira mashaariicda dadka gudaha jooga ha idiin fuliyeen shaqo abuurna ha noqotee

aan dagaalee caruurta ii masruuf

;)You have a valid point there Gooni.

I always argued the development initiative should always come from the folks inside and the diaspora should follow, but its other way round.

Malika   

^Lol.

There was a time, I thought possible to go back and contribute but since the passion seems to have faded even though winds of opportunities have been blowing in my inbox/phone...Perhaps, once I visit, I might just change my mind.

If I were to go back - it will be in the field of 'rehabilitation of children and young people' - after all they are the future.

Malika;817208 wrote:

If I were to go back - it will be in the field of 'rehabilitation of children and young people' - after all they are the future.

Malika its us they see as needing rehab, they stigmatize anybody from abroad as "waa dhaqan celis";) anyway good luck with that.

Juxa   

That is because of the way aan udhaqano, thinking we are all that and not having basic manners fit for the sons and daughters of true geeljire

My last visit I met very intelligent strong people, granted years of war took it's toll but it was admirable how courageous and hard working people were

Showqi   

Mukulaalow;817240 wrote:
Malika its us they see as needing rehab, they stigmatize anybody from abroad as "waa dhaqan celis";)

Hadii ay waxaas kuula yimaadaan just put on your fake Dhaqan Celis accent and tell them: "Warya addiga waa buuqeysaa, anniga madaxa waa i cun-cunayaa"