Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Will you ever go back to Somalia and what do you see yourself doing?

*Blessed;816615 wrote:
Somaliland isn't that bad, the people on the other hand....

inaadeer statements like these are not nice lool! why would you say such terrible defaming things?

Chimera   

Alpha Blondy;816614 wrote:
so much for your writings on we need to reinvent ourselves! what a hypocrite you are!

its heartbreaking to see you write this nonsense adams. who do you think you are putting conditions on whether you come here or not! you're clearly not as important as your writing suggest you are! i thought you were visionary and someone with substance but your just a waste of empty space. practice what you preach brother. cheers

Cheers kulaha, dameer foqol dameer!! LOL

Seriously piss off Alpha, if I want to permanently settle in Somalia there are multiple things I have to take into account, number one being whether the Queen of Queens actually wants to return to begin with. It's all good that I have all these ambitions, but these plans come to a crashing halt if it means a long-distance relationship. I could dump her, but what's the alternative? Running around Hargeisa or Mogadishu chasing poor maids like you LOL, no thanks sxb.

My star is rising Alpha, don't worry about the safety-measures I will put in place to safeguard my future empire. Fall back!!

Blessed   

Alpha Blondy;816616 wrote:
inaadeer
statements like these are not nice lool! why would you say such terrible defaming things?

LOL. Terrible defaming things. I actually love it back home but Somaali way hawl badan yihiin.

Blessed   

They're slightly annoying, so wouldn't go as far as calling them uncivilised. If I do go back to would be to immerse myself in the sugaan and art for several months.

Juxa   

Chimera when I went back a decade ago I was shocked at what was available, be it products or facilities. People with bit of cash do have pretty cushy life. All that is missing waa nabad

*Blessed;816654 wrote:
LOL. Terrible defaming things. I actually love it back home but Somaali way hawl badan yihiin.

I can attest to that..

i don't think i can live life without, smooth roads, running piped water from a utility company, sewerage treatment facilitates, adequate street lighting, actual pavements for pedestrians, cash machines, broadband speed internet. It would also be nice if they did something about garbage collection, flying cockroaches, mosquitoes, but that would be asking for too much.

picture-1-89.png

I had to be hospitalised the first time i saw one of these hideous creatures. it was in an outside toilet (hole in the ground) in Somalia. This is what they call a flying cockroach, it sounds much like a helicopter only much more frightening.

everything you mentioned available(except pavements for pedestrians) in big cities hargeisa ,burao,berbera & neva used outside toilet(hole).They have toilets like here in most modern & renovated houses.Mogadishu ofc has too.Those who can't afford don't have.

Showqi   

The only thing that keeps me in the West ( in Canada) is the safety. Once Somalia is safe and there is central government, and all the civilians are disarmed including Al-Shabaab then I will be the first one to go back home. Once I am in Somalia I will start my on business, I will like to set up a little farm and a factory. And to give back to the community I will teach for free. I love teaching, specially the elementary schools (Kids between 6 and 14 years old). For the teaching part I will do it for free.

I hate civilians crying weapons or using the Qabiil Card.....:mad::mad: Marka wadankeena hubka iyo qabyaalada laga nadiifiyo aniguna waan isa soo xaadirin. Laakiin inta ay qabyaalada iyo xabadu wadankeenii ka socoto lagama yaabo in aan dib ugu noqdo. Waxaan ka soo maqanahay in ku dhow 22 sano, allah muxuu wakhtigu ordayaa. I hope to go back with in the next 5 years.

Blessed   

Archedmos,

I'm not sure what system they have in place but in newly developed areas and new houses sewage is not so much an issue and you get 'dripping' tap water. I'm not so bothered about flies and such, you get used to it after awhile and you learn how to kill them :( , though the cats in Burco are something else. My little ones loved the goats, camels and deers. I did go with the lowest expectations, ever so was pleasantly surprised at many things and have stopped seeing the country as a charity project.

Archdemos;816696 wrote:
come on now burahdeer, they don't have any sewerage facilitates.

all new villas have very big cemented underground sewage at the back(outside the gate like 10 meters etc..depending how big your land..it's completely covered with concrete).It will take atleast 20yrs to be filled and there are the trucks suck waste you can rent.That waste is taken to say 30 miles outside the city in excavations & burned with gasoline.You need to go..you love it .....

about flies, it depends on occupants..you can take care of it urslv.Neva had problem at home but yes some cafes in old town which you probably won't go,I never did...so many modern nice restaurants & hotels equiped with the latest & very clean.