Sign in to follow this  
Wadani

Blind dates

BOB   

Wadani, Do you need a company? I don't mind accompanying you and give you my opinion if you ask for it. ;)

Peace, Love & Unity.

Blessed   

You know what would be better and less awkward, take both your cousin and the girl out for dinner, lunch. Don't make a huge deal out of it. If after that you like each other then you can take it further or just let it slide quietly.

Juxa   

Maybe coffee bixintiisu diidayaa!

Yarka you got to meet the woman of your dreams somehow. Blessed gave you sound talo. Make it group event and take the pressure of it

Good luck

This dating process has logical flaws;

surely, your relatives, even more distant ones, and honorable acquaintances or family friends would suggest or introduce someone (or you could enquire about it).

Look at it this way saaxiib, good families tend to have or know potential wifes with similar qualities (whether it be inside the larger family or outside is irrelevant).

Then, you simply visit her at home or with her mahram as good men do.

How could you look your future children's mother through "dating"?

Are good families or women even into that business?

Wadani   

Thanks everyone for ur advice. Abu-Salman i think u misunderstood what i meant by dating. Ur assuming im using the word in the same context as its used within the Western framework of relationships between unmarried men and women, when in fact i was talking about just meeting someone to see whether i was attracted to them. I dont see how thats blameworthy or even unislamic for that matter, as long as we arent alone, and ive never seen an empty starbucks before. Lets not kid ourselves, attraction is central and is a prerequisite for taking things further, so dont expect me to approach her family when i have no clue about her looks, mannerisms or personality. As for ur question about whether good women date, i'd say it depends on what we mean by dating like i said above, and wat the intentions of these 'dates' are. So yes good women do date, so dont be so quick to judge or disqualify.

Chimera   

Alpha Blondy;816310 wrote:
the last time i had a blind-date it was terrible!

Your date had a beard, and still you went out for dinner, blind indeed LOL

Mario B   

Wadani;816303 wrote:
Thanks everyone for ur advice. Abu-Salman i think u misunderstood what i meant by dating. Ur assuming im using the word in the same context as its used within the Western framework of relationships between unmarried men and women, when in fact i was talking about just meeting someone to see whether i was attracted to them. I dont see how thats blameworthy or even unislamic for that matter, as long as we arent alone, and ive never seen an empty starbucks before. Lets not kid ourselves, attraction is central and is a prerequisite for taking things further, so dont expect me to approach her family when i have no clue about her looks, mannerisms or personality. As for ur question about whether good women date, i'd say it depends on what we meet by dating like i said above, and wat

the intentions of these 'dates' are. So yes good women do date, so dont be so quick to judge or disqualify.

Well said, this conforms with my world view.

Chimera;816312 wrote:
Your date had a beard, and still you went out for dinner, blind indeed LOL

lol@adams,

it was a little hijabi. my maid recommended her and said she was better looking than her but she was an ex-ciyaal arab with an american accent. it was awkward as she was silent and i tried but she left 30mins later and i proposed a follow-up date as a goodwill gesture but we never met again.

Mario B   

Alpha Blondy;816317 wrote:
lol@adams,

it was a little hijabi. my maid recommended her and said she was better looking than her but she was an ex-ciyaal arab with an american accent. it was awkward as she was silent and i tried but she left 30mins later and i proposed a follow-up date as a goodwill gesture but we never met again.

So you were the date from hell then...:D

lol@mario,

well...it wasn't too interesting! i think it was best wrapped quickly. mind you, the date was in my house - so it seems like she was the bad one. i didnt instigate this 'date' and soon enough realised i didn't want any involvement in it lol.

Taleexi   

War start from somewhere .... oo baqdinta iska daa .. haddaadan ka helin walaal kaama helin ku dheh... :) Hadday iyadu kaa heli weydona, walaal jawaabta ii dedeji ku dheh tareen baa iga tegeyee.

Mario B   

Alpha, next time choose a neutral location, bringing a blind date to your house sends the wrong signals for obvious reasons. :D

Mario B;816338 wrote:
Alpha, next time choose a neutral location, bringing a blind date to your house sends the wrong signals for obvious reasons.
:D

lol@Mario,

that maybe how you see it but i beg to differ. the 'home' or 'compound lifestyle' in somaliland is an interesting space used for different activities and occasionally for dating lol. waar, there is no where to link in this country and no activities to do......