Sign in to follow this  
African

Somali Muslim group bans condoms

:eek: ....okay I see where they are coming from. They believe that if there's condoms available the number of sexual intercourse will increase because everyone will think that they are safe. But what they need to see is that nowadays these young people are doing it with or without it....so it's better safe than sorry. We don't wanna end up like Ethipoia. :(

nuune   

ahaaa, so itoobiya iyo kenya ayaa na sumeenaya haye, culimada ma waxay kaantarooli karaan dhalinyarada,taasaa is waydiin leh, wadaadada mid bay ku saxanyihiin taasoo ah ixtimaalka ama logica ay leeyihiin wuu sii badanayaa isu taga haddii la isticmaalo geedkan condomka, in la is ogeesiiyo khatarta cudurka way wanagsantahay balse waa ikhtiyaar qofkii isticmaalaya bahalkan condomka ah, qofkii caqli iyo garaad leh waa uu ka digtoonaan karaa.

Macalin   

STP....But think abt it this way......

Isnt it the whole point not to have sex, so tht u be scared of the aids itself?...namean!

Think of it, If you go on the cold of ST PAUL@midnight and its -15F and u wanna go do some silly, but u don have a JACKET and i give u the JACKET, U will go right?...anyways thats a simple analogy....kabaxay!

Yeah I see where ur coming from Lakkad...but u have to understand that there has been reports that the numbers of young people having sexual intercourse in Somalia has increased...and u surely can't tell them to stop what they're doing. It's between them and Allah. So for precaution...why not hand out condoms???? Before we have a wide-spread of AIDS and pre-martial births???

Macalin   

But baby gurl, i know what u mean....laakin if u start dishing out the condoms then,the few good ones will also join the fray, feel me?...

Honestly i do beleive if u give kids condomns yu telling them GO AHEAD....thas my view!

When we was growing up we wasnt given condoms,all we knew was AIDS killed!..period! and we was scared!

But i kinda smell what u cooking...is just that i don agree with it ;)

Saalixa   

salam

of cousre , it should be, why do we really need it , if ppl are marrying legally- halal marriage. Those that want it are only those that need it for protection from unwanted preganancy. They don't understand that There would be no cure for Aids. this is for those that practice adultery, and this contraception theory would not the slightest decrease the amount of of ppl HIV positive. We need to educate the youth not sell more contraceptives.

have you heard of the new program that comes after the BBC, its so funny, i was cracking up arter i heard the somali word for Condemn.

Yes I see Lakkad...I also believe that if they start handing condoms out it makes the statement that it's "okay". But look at the point from those who don't know what AIDS or sexual transmitted diseases are.

Bambina   

Salam to my nomads,banning condoms wont change the fact that people will still commit haraam.I believe it's better for muslims groups to educate people and eventually hand-out condoms but sheikhs should also warn people that condoms are not 100% free disease and that compared to HIV, Allah's anger will be worst.

If some people are not afraid to commit Zina ,handing out condoms wont change anything,they will still continue.

Senora   

but u have to understand that there has been reports that the numbers of young people having sexual intercourse in Somalia has increased...and u surely can't tell them to stop what they're doing.

Promoting condom use isnt might not necessarily decrease this epidemic from spreading either...

If you look at some of the most hard hit countries( in Africa, of course), you'll realize that they have a wide availability of condoms ( i.e: Sudan, Kenya, South Africa)....and its still rising to this day....what does that tell you? You see, for years people have had this ideology that promoting abstinence and fidelity would turn out to be a failed method...and who were these people making up this ideaologies.....the Western Nations :rolleyes: ....Instead of coming up with strategies to fight this disease that we believe would be more practical...sometimes it might just be better to go back to the religion......Uganda, At one point in time, it was one of the hardest hit nations in africa fighting the epidemic.....but when Musevic( i know thats not how you spell it) and his administration( and religous institutions) came up with the ABC's method( Abstinence, Be faithful, and as a last resort, Condom use), they proved to the world that Education is the best tool when it comes to fighting AIDS.....and you know they did this years before western nations intervened....their HIV/AIDS rates decreased significantly!!..So I totally agree with the Somalian government in banning the sells of condoms....We really need to stop thinking like these western nations..and making them believe that they have the answers to our problems

i think we have to use any thing that reduces the infection of HIV and other intercourse infactions. i don't think only ulama have the answer to HIV/AIDs problem and they try to educated our people and leave other peoples to do what they can to curb the infactoues diseases. Idiology should not play the lives of the somali people.

Princess sexy,

I agree with you. There's nothing better than abstinence in fighting STDs and whatnot, and yeah, Uganda is a good example.

But completely banning condoms? I don't kno if thats going to solve any problems as such. They shouldn't be available to kids of course, and they shouldn't be forced on everyone as they are in the UK, but I think they should be available for those few who are not interested in abstinence and who would engage in sex with or without it. Because, lets face, those are the sort of people who are more likely to infect their partners. For their sake and for ours, they should have access to condoms, when they need it.

Abstinence. I bet you in a few years that word will DISSAPPEAR from the English language.

Anyways, all I can say is a little bit of HIV/AIDS awareness ain't hurt nobody. No reason to 'ban' condoms. I see the point the Ulema is making but peeps is under tha covers REGARDLESS! We jus gotta recognize reality.

aka wind.talker

People will be people. Make unwise choices. Have premerital sex. Commit adultery. contract a deadly disease called HIV, and bring it home to their wives. Who will give birth to kids with HIV. In the meantime, no one knows its there. It happens.

Condoms are necessary, not only as a birth control method (which needs to also be practiced) but as a preventative measure against HIV. It's a reality in Somalia, lets do something about it before it gets out of hand. 70% of young girls don't know about AIDS? what???!!!! If that doesn't disturb you, then I dont know what would. Just because we are muslims doesnt mean we are too perfect for this disease because people, AIDS does NOT discriminate!

I for one am really :eek:

Peace

Ps: I'm sorry but who is administrating(?sp) the Shari'a in Somalia? Just curious!

Qac Qaac   

4 those ppl, who said, i am scared coz of aids, whattttttt, come on ppl, u should be scared because if u commit zina, that is a major sin, that could lead you to hell fire. this thinking is wrong.

also 4 those other ppl who said, we shouldn't ban condom, what u saying?... i think. we should not even talk about this, coz condom problems should be for the married ppl. not for the youth group, coz the youth should no it is haram, and if they still doing it. islam still gives the answer which is 80 slashes, but we have no khalifah nor islamic government now, so we can't do this. then the person should feel he or she did make a big zin, will have affect later on him or her, when they marry. coz who is the person that would happy married to some one who had zina before, u could only think about when he or she gonna cheat on you.

so the whole zina thing is haram, so no need for topics like should we ban condom or not. R U kidding me?