Sign in to follow this  
The Sage

Reuters- Australia's Jacka farms into Somaliland oil block

The Sage   

HARGEISA, April 2 | Mon Apr 2, 2012 12:34pm EDT

(Reuters) - Australian oil explorer Jacka Resources has entered into an agreement with Petrosoma Limited to take a 50 percent equity stake in an oil block in a breakaway enclave of Somalia, Jacka said on Monday.

It said the 22,000 square kilometre Habra Garhajis block -formerly known as block 26 - in southwestern Somaliland was expected to be similar in geology to basins in Yemen and Uganda where billions of barrels of oil reserves have been discovered.

Somaliland declared independence in 1991 and has enjoyed relative stability compared to the rest of lawless Somalia, which has been mired in conflict for two decades. However, although it has held a series of peaceful general elections, it remains unrecognised internationally.

"Jacka's management have held the belief for a long time that Somaliland holds great potential," Jacka's Chairman Scott Spencer said in a statement.

Under the terms of the agreement, Jacka will be the operator, the company said in a statement. The Habra Garhajis block comprises the whole of concession SL6 and parts of SL7 and 10.

Jacka will conduct a gravity survey and a minimum 500 kms of 2D seismic tests, it said.

In November, Somaliland's government said London-listed company Ophir Energy, Asante Oil and Prime Resources had signed deals under which they would have 18 months to explore, conduct seismic tests and identify wells.

Only 21 wells have been drilled in Somaliland, making it under explored even by the frontier standards of the region, where the oil and gas industries are in their infancy.

Kenya announced last week its first ever oil strike, although more drilling is needed to assess commercial viability. (Reporting by Mark Anderson; Editing by Richard Lough)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/02/somalia-somaliland-exploration-idUSL6E8F28VQ20120402

Mario B   

burahadeer;813605 wrote:
good times ahead for the somali race.....payback time.

Not if you're a secessionist, you will forever be political pariahs. :D

^^ kuwan waxaasaa waalay.Mogadishu don't want you either,they know you destroyed last time .Your somalinimo is in deaf ears as far as otha somalis is concerned.Get anotha hobby:D

Mario B   

burahadeer;813609 wrote:
^^ kuwan waxaasaa waalay.Mogadishu don't want you either,they know you destroyed last time .Your somalinimo is in deaf ears as far as otha somalis is concerned.Get anotha hobby:D

Only secessionist live in cloud cuckoo land, your game is up, saxiib!!

Mario B   

burahadeer;813611 wrote:
^^^ your round the clock tears puts smile on my face.LOVE IT:D

No, I'm grinning from ear to ear, pathetic lowlife like you cannot bring tears to me and my likes, if they were ever to be tears... then certainly they will be tears of joy after you're lil scam has been put to bed. :cool:

P.s Your genocide comments were noted.

Mario B;813612 wrote:
No, I'm grinning from ear to ear, pathetic lowlife like you cannot bring tears to me and my likes, if they were ever to be tears... then certainly they will be tears of joy after you're lil scam has been put to bed. :cool:

P.s Your
genocide
comments were noted.

see you still crying.I told the truth, you start unnecessary war,kill innocent people & when your butt kicked you cry genocide..what a loser,and I was refering your tears about secession

quite accustomed to ragtag cyber guerilla who brag about winning when he lost everything & on the verge of final collapse.

Losing mean winning to you...nin daad qaaday xumbo cuskay...

Mario B   

burahadeer;813613 wrote:
see you still crying.I told the truth, you start unnecessary war,kill innocent people & when your butt kicked you cry genocide..what a loser.

quite accustomed to ragtag cyber guerilla who brag about winning when he lost everything & on the verge of final collapse.

Losing mean winning to you...nin daad qaaday xumbo cuskay...

I have only one word for you, Buuhoodle!!

P.s And you know where this is headed, we're changing the reality on the ground and there is nothing you can do about it. :)

Mario B   

burahadeer;813616 wrote:
^^^^ Waleeeee...hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
:D
:D:D:D:D

It's good to see you laughing at your disappointments, that's the spirit. :cool:

Mario B   

burahadeer;813618 wrote:
^^^^No I'm laughing you trying to grab victory from the jaws of total defeat.Now all you do is verbal gymanistics:D

Keep on smilin through the rain, laughing at the pain about a reign coming to an end. :cool: