Sign in to follow this  
Armstrong

Encouragement for the sisters !

Salaam,

First of all this is not a lecture. I do not like that term. Nor am I aiming to offend anyone. For I myself am the Son of Adam and we all sin and make mistakes, but the trick being to repent. Merely it is information which I would like to share with my sisters in Islam. Men like Women and Women like Men. Some claim what is the problem that a girl shows off her assets, flaunts it if she has it? Well look at it from this angle, a girl who is wearing westernised dress (abit revealing) walking in the street with a girl who is fully covered except face and hands and there is some guy in the street who is a criminal/raper in a rough neighbourhood near an alley. Which girl would he be most attracted to? The covered one or the one wearing westernised dress? Obviously, the one wearing western dress. So this is why Muslim women should cover. Also, there is commandment from Thy Lord telling them to do so (Read Surah Noor Verse Number 31):

Chapter 24, Verse 31.

" And tell the beleiving women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms if hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron) and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bossoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers, or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. sisters in Islam) or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers that you may be successful."

Hadith 6/4758 (Sahih Al Bukhari):

" Narrated Aishah (RAA) When Allah revealed: ''.. And to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna ( i.e. their bodies, faces, necks, and bosoms)'' --- they tore their Muruts ( a woollen dress, or a waist-binding cloth or an apron) and covered their heads and faces with those torn Muruts."

So how come, even when we know this, some of our Muslim women walk in the streets dressed like the western women. We know it is tough for the Muslim women especially in the West to wear Hijaab and adequate dressing. There are many excuses not to. But think of what you are are loosing out and the vast rewards of wearing hijaab and the dignity. It may be hot 35 degrees celcius, stuffy day and yet difficult to wear hijaab and long dress but hey compare this to the day of reckoning when the sun is brought near to the head, don't want to be shaded from this? Also, it may be that the Western Women at college or in the street make fun of you and call you names, but hey think of the day when you will mock them back and anyhow you are on the straight-path and upon guidance whereas they are upon falsehood.

Also, we could have the situation whereby perhaps a girl might think the Hijaab and her long dress (Jilbaab) are making her look ugly and stopping her from flaunting those long - curly dark hair and beauty. Trust me, not for one minute is she ugly infact the reality is they look more attractive. And others including men will judge her for what she is not how she looks? We are not in this world to satisfy humans just please Allah and fear Him yet hope for mercy.

Let me tell you of a truly inspiring story. There was this English teenage girl who became Muslim on a particular Sunday last summer. After becoming Muslim, the girl came back the next Sunday with a full-dress and hijaab. It was asked how come you dressed like this already, normally it takes time. She simply replied "It is a command from the All-Mighty and feel more comfortable this way than before" Also, there was this other Mixed Race girl, she became Muslim and I saw her at a certain bus stop properly covered. Walaahi, it is amazing, western women are giving up the idea of being exploited by men and turning to Islam. Simply because True Womanhood can only be gained not through feminism but via Islam.

That's my piece said !

Taqwa   

Assalamu Alaikum,

Jazakallah Kheiran Brother Mujahid. Keep them coming Insha'allah. You didn't offend anyone but conveyed the message of Allah in a beautiful manner. Isn't it comical that sisters claim to be Muslims yet disregard the Hijab or wear it inappropriately? They say they fear Allah yet display their body like prostitutes. They get angry when they are compared to Street women yet in reality they show the same traits and persona. Isn't it also funny that one of their favorite lines is "Its between Allah and me". Such women anticipate being great parents one day but I truly feel sorry for their offspring. Are they forgetting that all the minor signs of the Day of Judgment have come true and it’s a matter of time that this Dunya comes to an end? There is one thing that is guaranteed and no atheist will even argue with is “DEATH”. The greatest civilizations have been destroyed and the most powerful dictators (Stalin, Caesar of Rome, Hitler, Pharaoh) have all become dust. I advice you to pay close attention to what Mujahid has written.

Blessed   

Mujaahid,

Thank you for the advice bro... May The Almighty reward ya.

I thought that was nicely put, comprehensive, with evidence and most importantly delivered with utmost respect.. some ppl can really take a leafe out of Ur branch :D .

Somethings are just easier said then done.. but that's not to say that we should try. I think the same can be said to those beardless bres. seems like it is not only the sisters that fall short with their deen.

May Allah guide us all smile.gif

Mujahid, Jazakallah. I thought it was nicely put and I liked your compassionate tone. One thing thou, I don't think it matters to a rapist whether you're fully covered or not. If he's going to do the act, the most convenient woman will do.

Are you hold the same segment, only this time for the brothers? ;)

Bachelor   

Mujahid It was amazing peace of evidance. I did forward to my twince sisters. MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU AND ALL THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTE.

keep up the good deed sxb.

Mujahida   

Salam

Thanx Mujahid I agree with the rest what you said was nothing but the truth may Allah reward you!

Allah hafiz