Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

A Story For A Dollar!

NGONGE   

I need Alpha & Jacaylbaro’s expert opinion here. :D

I am planning to visit SL again. But, this time, I want to make a YouTube documentary about the everyday people of H Town.

The idea I have is about setting up a booth (or even a tent) somewhere public, where I invite people to come in and share with me their most amazing, funny and interesting stories for a Dollar. I am willing to spend a hundred dollars speaking to a hundred different people and seeing what I’ll get in the end (100 stories I hope). Knowing people’s nature, I reckon the first hundred dollars is all I’ll have to spend and after that I could manage to persuade the well off people to volunteer their stories for free.

What do you think, is it a goer? Will someone sell me a story for a dollar?

wyre   

Which language? Somali, Arabic or English, I can give you a somali one, very interesting, You can make it a short film if you need :D

BOB   

What a penny pincher! A whole story for $1? Where do you think you are...India? :mad: Arab fowqal Arab. :mad:

Peace, Love & Unity.

This is actually good idea. You can get a story for a a dollar especially in a city like Hargeisa, because for them talking is no brainner and have no issues spewing words, waay iska helhelaan waayna kugu shubi uun, but you are running the risk of having one family claim all that money. 'War meeyay Abdi adigana utagoo wax ku akhri oo dollarka kaso qaad, ki yara iyo shuun qawdhan inaderta ahayd uyeer hagaleen teendhadee' :D

You just gotta make sure you get a story from a wide spectrum of people.

wyre   

Qandalawi;809776 wrote:
This is actually good idea. You can get a story for a a dollar especially in a city like Hargeisa, because for them talking is no brainner and have no issues spewing words, waay iska helhelaan waayna kugu shubi uun, but you are running the risk of having one family claim all that money. 'War meeyay Abdi adigana utagoo wax ku akhri oo dollarka kaso qaad, ki yara iyo shuun qawdhan inaderta ahayd uyeer hagaleen teendhadee'
:D

You just gotta make sure you get a story from a wide spectrum of people.

:D:D:D

Stingy waaxid, Scotish ayaa meaness lagu xaman jiree dad ka daran ayaaba soo baxay...lol

Folks from that part of Somalia talk alot, and I suspect with best will on the world, you will not be able to get 100 of them tell a story and document all of it. I suggest you up your offer and get smaller sample (selective ones you capture the essence of H town).

NGONGE   

Heh@Qandalawi. :D

Bob & Val, dee I'm not going to give them an exact dollar. I'll give them the equivalant in SL money. Baaldi buuxa. :D

Which language? Somali, Arabic or English, I can give you a somali one, very interesting, You can make it a short film if you need

Do you want a dollar too? Xaasid! :D

NGONGE   

Alpha Blondy;809791 wrote:
lol@ng,

LOL. You can share your findings (needs assessment) with the bigger NGOs and they might even buy it.

Jb said the same thing about the Coke video. Sounds like there is money to be had from these NGOs. Is it worth me quitting my job and going to SL full time to churn out these half cooked idea to the NGOs? :D

lol@ngos NG

people like me are superstars here despite my anti-west rhetoric bottoms-up approach malarkey, imagine what a chameleon like you can do. you could run circles around them. this is an ngo economy and everyone is eating big here with half-baked ideas including many of SOL's alumnus, no names mentioned.

ElPunto   

Will never happen. The minute you put the camera up - they think you're gonna use their stories for your own benefit. Dadkaan waa constantly suspicious. And the whole dollar thing is somewhat demeaning - I reckon it's better if you say - we'll collect all your stories and the one judged best will win the whole prize.

wyre   

Alpha Blondy;809813 wrote:
lol@ngos NG

people like me are superstars here despite my anti-west rhetoric bottoms-up approach malarkey, imagine what a chameleon like you can do. you could run circles around them. this is an ngo economy and everyone is eating big here with half-baked ideas including many of SOL's alumnus, no names mentioned.

Sounds like my cousin :D:D

Ngonge

Meet my cousin in hargeisa Just buy him marduuf I bet he'll give you 100 stories for free :D:D