Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Hadeeth Science, an e-Nuri Primer

Originally posted by Khalaf:

lol.......the Quran says worship Allah Alone....i guess another interpration can be no it says to worship Jesus...or a calf.
:D

True only if this equally absurd equivocation is also true: Kids are like headaches, Tylenol makes headaches go away, therefore taking Tylenol will make kids go away.

Words only gain their relavent meaning in sentences and conveyed concepts. In the subtext of this discussion, Quranic/Hadith interpretive disagreements are over gray area subjects. Not the all too palpable and widely agreed upon subjects. What will adjudicate competing interpretations? Stop futzing around and answer the question.

Khalaf   

1. SB u said “interpretive disagreements are over gray area subjects” Aight, here the subject is: not following Hadith/Sunnah is a grave sin.

2. I suppose you, reality check, and Naden since u take issue with that claim take the view that it is not a grave sin or of importance to follow hadiths/Sunnah.

3. Here is the question: since this is an Islamic subject and u think not following the hadiths/sunnah is not a grave sin please do provide us any interpretations by the ulma, scholars of Islam, or islamic sources which refute the claim made by Nur.

ps: dont dispoint sxb, reality check, naden can help you out.

since this is an Islamic subject and u think not following the hadiths/sunnah is not a grave sin
please do provide us any interpretations by the

Are you under the assumption that every muslim is a sunni? Because, I'd like to point out there are ulma, scholars of Islam, or islamic sources which refute the claim made by Nur.

Khalaf   

^no i am under the assumption that a muslim is he who obeys Allah and His Messenger scw. present the ulma/scholars/sources which refute Nurs claim.

2. I suppose you, reality check, and Naden since u take issue with that claim take the view that
it is not a grave sin or of importance to follow hadiths/Sunnah.

Speaking only for myself, I reject any statement laying claim to truth absent Logic and Empirical facts. Like the claim above. It would only be true if the it's author knew something elusive to it's detractors. What is it? I've been asking you to submit the impartial criteria or body facts which will adjudicate the matter. Waffling has been your tack since then.

Without fair set of rules, aren't we left with competing interpretations? If we agree with interpretation x and disagree with y, are we not doing the exact samething as dis/agreeing with competing interpretations of any text, movie, paiting, musical piece? I'm afraid 1400 years of Islamic history would, emphatically, say yes. You can have this disagreement living on for another 1400 years and at the end of it only be certain of auguring another 1400 years futher disagreements. Reason being the claim itself -- not following the Ahadith -- and the determining body of evidence are both immeasurable.

please do provide us any interpretations by the ulma, scholars of Islam, or islamic sources which refute the claim made by Nur.
[/b]

Are you really this dense? What makes the Ulema the final adjudicators of truth? Answer the question please.

I have already stated why appealing to Islamic Scholars adds absolutely nothing to this discourse. If you'd like me to explain further, need only ask.

Khalaf   

^^^lol yaaa ummatul islamiya forget the ulma, scholars of Islam, and the ways of righteous companions the salaf as-salih..........and ask Sheikh Maulaana Mufti Socod ibn badne! hahaaha.....sorry sxb we follow Allah and His Messenger scw......the way of companions.......and the scholars who follow them......and we reject the innovators.

I c reality check was unable to provide the proof refute Nurs claim. peace to u.

Naden   

^ Khalaf, there is no need for grandstanding. Interpretation of any text, and especially of religious text, will always be a matter of disagreement (as Socod Badne tried to explain). The discussion offered some opposing views and one can't only pick what they want to support posturing.

Nur   

Nomads

This the ENERGISER Hadeeth: You will need it whenever you think of dropping the ball

Muaawiyah RAA, reported that the Messsenger of Allah SAWS said: " Among my followers, there will always be a group who will stand for Allah's cause, never feeling let down by ( believers) who disagree with them (who do not follow Allah;s commandments), (nor enemies), up until the end of time while they are triumphant over people. Reported by Ahmed and the two Sheikkhs. Translated by eNuri Transemantics Service.

Nur