Sign in to follow this  
STOIC

2012 SOMALILAND CONFERENCE -Get Ready!

STOIC   

The Somaliland Conference will be in Crystal City [Virginia] on May 18-19, 2012. The theme of the Conference is the “21st Anniversary of the Somaliland Independence. The Conference will bring together guest speakers from Somaliland including Somaliland Government, US Government, the leaders of the Somaliland Political Parties or organizations, Election commission, Somaliland business community. World Bank, National Endowment for Democracy, International Republican Institute, Council on Foreign Relations, National Democratic Institute, Freedom House, US Universities, and the Somaliland communities in the United States and Canada. The estimated conference attendees are seven to nine hundred people.

The conference will have presentations from panel members who will discuss about US Policy on Somaliland and Somalia, Somaliland Democracy, Governance, Freedom of Press, Business Environment, Peace and Stability, Terrorism and Extremism, and Sovereignty. The conference will also feature US experts of East Africa region and they will share their experience and thoughts about Somaliland.

On Friday night and Saturday night, the 18th and 19th May, at 8:00 PM, conference attendee will treated to a night of live music, folklore dance, award ceremony, traditional fashion show and other cultural festivities.

WHO SHOULD ATTEND

The Somaliland Community members who would like to network with other Somaliland professionals in the USA. American citizens who want to know more about Somaliland, friends of Somaliland who would like to support Somaliland, Somaliland Diaspora; those who would like to see democracy, good governance, and security take stronger roots in the Horn of Africa, and those who are interested in meeting with the Somaliland leadership who made the ”Best kept secret in Africa” possible, and most importantly the students of the Africa Studies in the USA Universities.

DELEGATION COMING FROM SOMALILAND

Somaliland Administration, Parliament members, Upper House (Guurti), members of the Election Commission, leaders of the new political parties, members of the business community, members of the media (printTV), leaders of the higher education institutions, and members of local NGO’s.

REGISTER EARLY BEFORE 4/30/2012 AND SAVE 20% ON CONFERENCE FEES

PAYMENTS BY CREDIT CARD

The registration fee is $120 per person for registrations completed on or before 4/30/2012. Please note after 4/30/2012 the registration fee will be $150 per person. Register now and save $30 on your conference fees. Click on registration link above to pay your conference fees online.

PAYMENTS BY DAHABSHIIL COMPANY

You can also send your registration fee through Dahabshiil Company. Send the registration fees to the attention of: Somaliland Mission c/o Rashid Nur in Virginia (USA). Please ask Dahabshiil staff to note that the money is for the registration fee for the Somaliland Conference. To find out the Dahabshiil office in the USA or Canada closest to you; please visit Dahabshiil Web site or call Dahabshiil Headquarters in Columbus, Ohio at 614-527-9300. Upon receiving payment, you will receive a confirmation email from Somaliland Mission acknowledging receipt of your payment. You can see above the registration fees.

PAYMENTS BY CHECK

You can also make your registration fee payment by check. Please make the check payable to [somaliland Mission], and address the envelope to [Rashid Nur, 1307 Benicia Lane, Herndon, VA 20170].

STOIC   

Xiin, i live nearby so I'll not miss it (If only i can drag along she-who-mus-be-obeyed)..You are more than welcome to join us...You will probably be bored with the special place and veneration we will accord with SL..I'll probably be giving my time and effort for the first time....

STOIC   

^All the US based Sol members should attend..A good place to engage in discussion and deliberations from experts, and persons whose judgement we may trust.I think they need our support and effort.I will recruit more family members and friends to attend.

LANDER   

AfricaOwn;807300 wrote:
^^ He'll be an eventful weekend I think. A lot of the landers from tri-state area, Boston, DC, VA will be there no doubt

Beyond tri-state, Canada, Cali and other far off places will be well represented Inshallah.

From the U.K. Contingent Good luck and enjoy any news keep us updated regarding new ideas. Slap Mit Romney if U see him anywhere. Lol. What a bafoooooooooon.

STOIC   

LST, don't worry we will fire-off missive filled with good-natured teasing and mock-insults in the way of bed-wetting unionist . I don't despise the bed-wetting Unionist with near obsession, i just dislike their bellicosity.In all seriousness don't read into too much my resultant squabbling with members here who doubt my intentions. I purely support SL for its governance and political institution in place.I just hate to see SL democracy and governance become more poorer and much more vulnerable.I'll be there to support them anyway i can help them keep protect the rights of every individual to his own rights and pursue his own goals...Keep watching this space I'll report IA

The Zack   

STOIC;807100 wrote:
The registration fee is
$120
per person for registrations completed on or before 4/30/2012. Please note after 4/30/2012 the registration fee will be
$150
per person.

$120? Man that is more than the amount I paid for my last Amway ticket! Make it $60 and I will be there LOL.

STOIC   

Zack, Reer waqoyii waa teeqsi dhee....When you are driven by passion and goal that kind of fees is nothing, after all we all spend four dollars for a cup of coffee at Starbucks...I'm sure they do have a reason as to why they set the fees high...DMV (Dc, Maryland & VA) area is a place where Shiisha cost sixty bucks...Things are expensive in DMV area...

STOIC   

Zack, shekatha teqsi waxaan kukeenaay...When i was undergrad a Somali professor was hired by the International affairs department of my school as associate professor.Even though I was a science major i crossed path with the guy on campus and he invited me for a lunch.I was a bit hesitant as i was too "busy" and running wild then.Anyway i had the opportunity to go to lunch with him and i insisted on paying it even though i was a broke asss student. He also insisted on paying and told me how reer waqoyyi are always dheeqsi in Somalia...He was a cool dude and I even used to borrow Somali history books from him......Maarkaa waryaa dheeqsii weyee taatkaas....