Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Gaashamo people demonstrate exemplary courage

Abtigiis   

Some somaliland websites who share AsadSL's clannish mentality are engaged in a very dangerous vitriol against the o clan. it is really sad. these people are the carbon copies of Iley who no doubt is pushing a clan agenda to gain some political mileage. The ONLF has denounced the Gaashamo massacre and that is a very good move, but sane members of both sides need to speak to each other and avert bad blood between the concerned communities.

One good news is that the Gaashamo warriors have killed 40 of the attacking dogs. This is a victory for justice. We should celebrate this. The liyu police dogs must be hunted down and killed whereever they are. They do not represent a clan. They represent Ethiopia's mendacious divide and rule policy.

Abtigis is right on this its not a clan war the Liyo Police not that long ago were burning down food storage's and killing farmers in the villages of abshir and mandheedh. Its a disaster they arrest abuse elders all over Somali galbeed they humuliate daughters infront of their fathers and brothers and all this happens all over Somali galbeed from dhagaxbuur to wardheer fiiq qalaafe qabridhahare danod and now in gaashaamo.The TPLF wants to turn into a clan war between the different communities laakin qofki caqli leh wa iska fahmi kara.

LANDER   

Abtigiis;806353 wrote:
I have always been objective. But objectivity does not include saying things for cheap populism. I oppose the clan enclave and its attendant clan philosphy in what calls itself Somaliland. That is being a unionist not a tribalist. For your information, one of the 9 killed from the Liyu Police is a very close relative of mine. He died while trying to kill innocent civillians. I stand with the victims, not aggressors.

The rethoric from some of the elders from Gaashaamo is as irresponsible as the actions of Iley's gangs. We have since asked the ONLF to issue a statement condemning the attack on Gaashaamo, and I believe it is on its way. This is not a clan warfare, it is a war instigated by Iley, with the blessing of Meles, to create more enmity bewteen neighbouring Somali clans. Many believe this is a cheap attempt to make the Liyu police popular in the O-lands and I agree some are falling for it. But this bare-faced clan aggression must be fought and the Gaashamo people are doing that.

The day the Gaashamo people join hands with the SL admin and attack Buuhoodle, we shall also speak against it.

Unlike you, dear lander, our political positions are not glued to our ancestry. They are based on solid analysis of each case on its merits.

Well perhaps you can elaborate on how my 'political position is glued to my ancestry', but you will be hard pressed to find any articles or posts where I talk of tribes ganging up and fighting other tribes or where I speak of stereotyping an entire populace based on some fabrications being passed as intellectual writing or simply disrespecting women in order to score tribal points on an online forum. That is something you do best I am afraid, though I do carry my colors on my sleeves as being a Somalilander. Your labeling Somaliland a 'tribal enclave' and repeating it often enough won't make it so, if you have deep rooted tribal grievances or inferiority complex than may God help you with that. Somaliland has shown its ability to spread power locally and to have a sharing of power at the highest as well that is fact, a historical fact that tribal groups that have been living in the bushes for decades and refuse to evolve can only dream of. Now I am not here to discredit the ONLF and their long standing war against the Ethiopian government, but to suggest that the ONLF is going to be a friend to Gashaamo or ally is making a mockery of the situation and its history. ONLF has been guilty of ransacking and encroaching on other Somalis in the region as well, the only difference is they didn't have Ethiopian police uniforms. So if you're an agent for the ONLF and you wanna promote this line of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' its understood. However, ONLF statements makes no difference to this situation so please don't insult peoples intelligence, I am afraid they don't hold much power or sway and lack a clear M.O for these population to real care what the ONLF thinks. Now I'm curious when you say your a 'unionist' do you think somalis in Ethiopia should unite? and what about all 5 Somali inhabitated regions?

These Liyo Police melitia, as we all know are the ex-ONLF fighters who turned into Dabaqoodhi. These current clanish skirmishes remind me of the age old poem by Mahomed Caws Yoole.

Hadba Dawdar falanbaa u kaca ______

Dadka oo nabad isaga jooga ayay dacar ku oogaane....

AsadSL   

Abtigiis;806554 wrote:
Some somaliland websites who share AsadSL's clannish mentality are engaged in a very dangerous vitriol against the o clan. it is really sad. these people are the carbon copies of Iley who no doubt is pushing a clan agenda to gain some political mileage. The ONLF has denounced the Gaashamo massacre and that is a very good move, but sane members of both sides need to speak to each other and avert bad blood between the concerned communities.

One good news is that the Gaashamo warriors have killed 40 of the attacking dogs. This is a victory for justice. We should celebrate this. The liyu police dogs must be hunted down and killed whereever they are. They do not represent a clan. They represent Ethiopia's mendacious divide and rule policy.

My views are far from clannish, They're just true facts.