Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Gaashamo people demonstrate exemplary courage

Abtigiis   

under-attack from Liyu Police militia, which has been killing people in other parts of the region, the people of Gaashamo refused to let their daughters raped, and their men killed for no reason. The proud people of Gaashamo also refused to take the Liyu-Poice for a national or regional police force, and saw it for what it is, which is Iley's tribal gangsters. The Gaashamo people fought heroically, killing 9 of the attacking dogs and is organising itself very well to stop this petulent aggression. All freedom-loving Somalis must stand shoulder to shoulder with the people of Gaashamo.

Lying, hypocrisy and bad political culture has become a national trait for somalis. The Khaatumo guys who were denouncing aggression at Buuhoodle few weeks ago are now the main transmitors of the false news that Gaashaamo people are Alshabab. This useless politicking is despicable and must be denounced vehemently. In the end, we either have to stand for the ideals of freedom and truth in all seaons, or should not cry foul when injustice and aggression faces us.

I am exteremly proud of the heroism of the people of Gaashamo. I wish them success and peace.

Hustler   

I agree with you 100% this liyu polis cult have been killing and raping from all over thr region and its time for all somalis to say NO

LANDER   

Abtigiis;806341 wrote:
under-attack from Liyu Police militia, which has been killing people in other parts of the region, the people of Gaashamo refused to let their daughters raped, and their men killed for no reason. The proud people of Gaashamo also refused to take the Liyu-Poice for a national or regional police force, and saw it for what it is, which is Iley's tribal gangsters. The Gaashamo people fought heroically, killing 9 of the attacking dogs and is organising itself very well to stop this petulent aggression. All freedom-loving Somalis must stand shoulder to shoulder with the people of Gaashamo.

Lying, hypocrisy and bad political culture has become a national trait for somalis. The Khaatumo guys who were denouncing aggression at Buuhoodle few weeks ago are now the main transmitors of the false news that Gaashaamo people are Alshabab. This useless politicking is despicable and must be denounced vehemently. In the end, we either have to stand for the ideals of freedom and truth in all seaons, or should not cry foul when injustice and aggression faces us.

I am exteremly proud of the heroism of the people of Gaashamo. I wish them success and peace.

Is this a poor attempt at showing objectivity? What happened to your usual myopic tribal think? Some might say your the finest example of this 'political culture' you allude to.

Abtigiis   

I have always been objective. But objectivity does not include saying things for cheap populism. I oppose the clan enclave and its attendant clan philosphy in what calls itself Somaliland. That is being a unionist not a tribalist. For your information, one of the 9 killed from the Liyu Police is a very close relative of mine. He died while trying to kill innocent civillians. I stand with the victims, not aggressors.

The rethoric from some of the elders from Gaashaamo is as irresponsible as the actions of Iley's gangs. We have since asked the ONLF to issue a statement condemning the attack on Gaashaamo, and I believe it is on its way. This is not a clan warfare, it is a war instigated by Iley, with the blessing of Meles, to create more enmity bewteen neighbouring Somali clans. Many believe this is a cheap attempt to make the Liyu police popular in the O-lands and I agree some are falling for it. But this bare-faced clan aggression must be fought and the Gaashamo people are doing that.

The day the Gaashamo people join hands with the SL admin and attack Buuhoodle, we shall also speak against it.

Unlike you, dear lander, our political positions are not glued to our ancestry. They are based on solid analysis of each case on its merits.

A&T is doing a fine job recruiting all, and I mean everyone and all he can to fight the ONLF cause against Abdi Iley's governmet of Somali region of Ethiopia and his liyu police. The ONLF and their supporters like A&T are making statements to lure and appeal to the anger of Gashaamo people as friends and partners subjected to Iley's liyu brutality, in the case of, your enemies enemy is your friend.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the gashaamo people or the clan joining the ONLF fight against what is Somali Ethiopia government of the region, or at least have a moral support for that cause.

Many believe this is a cheap attempt to make the Liyu police popular in the O-lands and I agree some are falling for it. But this bare-faced clan aggression must be fought and the Gaashamo people are doing that.

This is what it's all abouts

Liyu police have been killing and raping everyone. Unfortunately, Somalis look their actions through clannish eyes and Liyu use this to their advantage. One of the practices Liyu police does is to recruit boys and commanders from particular district and tribe and send them to another area inhibited by another tribe. This action is replicated everywhere. And at the end of day, what Somalis see is a commander from another clan with militia that are not to the area killing the local people.

Abtigiis   

Qandalaawi got my intentions here wrong. Yes, I would like others to join hand but I am not naive. I know that won't happen. Honestly, I was being sad about the actions of Iley and his dogs because they are buying the community more enemies. That is what it is about. Also, the Gaashamo people are my people.

It all started with a group of liyo Boolis from the command of wardheer arrived in Gaashaamo and started harassing some local females a young man from gaashaamo stood up to them first they brutally beaten him and after that they shot him dead.Locals from Gaashaamo heard what happened and picked up their guns and went after the Liyo Militia gunned down 9 of them they fled the same evening they came back and burned down villages cadaada and raqda near gaashaamo killing a numerous of innocent civilians situation is still tense.The authority in jigjiga claims they are fighting extremist elements in gashaamo.

Abtigiis   

Xaaji Xunjuf;806439 wrote:
It all started with a group of liyo Boolis from the command of wardheer arrived in Gaashaamo and started harassing some local females a young man from gaashaamo stood up to them first they brutally beaten him and after that they shot him dead..

This is what they do everywhere else everyday. Rape young girls, kill men who they don't like etc etc. The atrocities in Gunagado a month ago was truly shocking. 26 people killed for nothing, just for belonging to a particular clan. Gaashaamo people showed that aggression cannot be tolerated.

Glad they are fighting back, in that case. Al Shabaab seems to be a very popular card, every regional 'entity' pulls it out when they undertake planned attacks on civilians.

Liibaan   

Valenteenah, I agree Warlord Siilaanyo used Al-Shabaab card against the innocent people of Buuhoodle & Laas Caanood, and now Zenawi is using the same Al-Shabaab card against the innocent people of Somali Region.

The killing of innocent Somali People in Gaashaamo, Dhagaxbuur, Awbere, Qabridahare, Godey, Jigjiga by Liyuu Police. And the Killing of innocent Somali People in Buuhoolde, Kalshaale, Widhwidh, Yagoori, Laas Caanood by Somaliland's SNMClan Militia both are unacceptable.

AsadSL   

LOOOL of course do they not know the people of this area liberated Somaliland and they will defend their region and towns if they have too. Wa Dhiigii SNM.

Taleexi   

It is sad that Somalis are being used to kill each other....... Gaashaamo people defended their God given right methinks and Khaatumo people are fighting a just war that is against the aggressors.