Sign in to follow this  
Pucca

Gender specific rewards

Castro   

A little bit like Mardi Gras except this whole Houri concept is misunderstood by many (including myself) and people often focus on what they think they know.

Heaven, presumably, is eternal bliss with everything imaginable (and unimaginable) available yet these descriptions of Houri seem so vivid, so physical and even so down to earth (talking about firm breasts and all).

Jacpher   

Castro: Must you keep commenting on the breast. It must have rubber stamped in your head.

Unlike the xural ceyn, I bet you didn't read the fruits of Jannah in great details. Not everything is mentioned in details but some have been.

Castro   

^^^^^ It's actually Abu Huraira who mentions them. You wouldn't say rubber-stamp about him, would you?

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Castro-My intrigue is with the concept of after life? Do we truly die?

You need a session of Quran-saar and to have some charlatan (there are a few on this site) spit in a cup then you drink it. That'll take care of your intrigue. lol.

^I'm not going through a face or having moment-it is just, well I think we can agree that we are the intelligent form of life on this planet and we can also agree whether you believe in evolution or religion, this form of life will come to an end one day.

It's what comes after that intrigues me? Do we just turn into cosmic dust, molecules bouncing of each other which to me seems like such ignoble end to such "civilized" life form or does the after life seems more appropriate destiny-acknowledgment of our superior but fragile beings?

P.S. The particularities of the after life matters little to me.It is bigger question of should such destiny be fitting end to my life that matters.

Cicero   

Intact hymens. Perky breasts. The Quran goes out of its way to describe the female body. Sh. Nuurow, why isn't the Quran as detailed about what the pious women get in this regard? Oh, I get it. Speaking about perky breasts and unbroken hymens is not vulgar, but mentioning a huge phallus would be just obscene.

Castro :D:D

Cicero   

Originally posted by Pucca:

But then, if allah is doing that for women...why not just make men content with just one woman in heaven? wouldnt that just solve everyone's problem?

I just dont understand the need for this 70women per every man incentive that men are offered. Sure that may be what every man wants (and heck, why wouldnt they when they're promised the strength of a 100 men?!) but what incentive do we women get? What if i dont fancy gold? or silk?

subhanallah, may allah forgive me if im wrong in questioning.
But it really just doesnt make sense ya know.

Bless

A mind's a terrible thing to waste. Pucca you're on the right track. Keep thinking. Don't stop. :D

Castro   

Originally posted by Cicero:

Intact hymens. Perky breasts. The Quran goes out of its way to describe the female body.

Actually, that's not accurate. If you pay really close attention, you'll notice that it's the Abu-Hurairas and Abu ‘Umamas that really dig into these details. The Quran stays entirely above what those guys are "reporting" the Prophet to have said. Check this out:

Abu ‘Umama (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah’s Messenger (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) said: "Allah will not admit anyone in the Paradise but Allah, the Mighty and glorious will marry him with 72 wives, two will be from virgin (houris) with big eyes and 70 will be his inheritance from the people of the Hell-Fire*."
Every one of them will have a pleasant vagina and he (the man) will have sexual organ that does not bend down during sexual intercourse (perpetual erection).
" [ibn Majah, volume 5, number 4337]

I mean seriously, a "pleasant vagina" and "a perpetual erection"? Those can't be the words of our Prophet.

^^This hadith is probably weak. But what if it was of the strong type? What is wrong with enticing the faithful for what arguably is their deepest wish?

I mean yaan la iska hadlin for the sake of it

Castro   

^^^^ If it were the strong type, it wouldn't have these questionable words and ideas and there would be no issues with it. And it's not the enticement of the faithful that is at issue but that Hadeeths like this one are what is often heavily cited and widely circulated instead of what is authentic. And most people wouldn't really call them out as weak (and should be rejected), they are considered by many Muslims and all non-Muslims as part of the religion (with all that it entails) when they're not.

Sometimes waan iska hadlaa too.

Castro   

Here it is:

7- حَدَّثَنَا هِشَامُ بْنُ خَالِدٍ الأَزْرَقُ أَبُو مَرْوَانَ الدِّمَشْقِيُّ ، حَدَّثَنَا خَالِدُ بْنُ يَزِيدَ بْنِ أَبِي مَالِكٍ ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ ، عَنْ خَالِدِ بْنِ مَعْدَانَ ، عَنْ أَبِي أُمَامَةَ ، قَالَ : قَالَ رَسُولُ اللهِ صَلَّى الله عَليْهِ وسَلَّمَ : مَا مِنْ أَحَدٍ يُدْخِلُهُ اللَّهُ الْجَنَّةَ ، إِلاَّ زَوَّجَهُ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ ثِنْتَيْنِ وَسَبْعِينَ زَوْجَةً ، ثِنْتَيْنِ مِنَ الْحُورِ الْعِينِ ، وَسَبْعِينَ مِنْ مِيرَاثِهِ مِنْ أَهْلِ النَّارِ ، مَا مِنْهُنَّ وَاحِدَةٌ إِلاَّ وَلَهَا قُبُلٌ شَهِيٌّ ، وَلَهُ ذَكَرٌ لاَ يَنْثَنِي.

قَالَ هِشَامُ بْنُ خَالِدٍ : مِنْ مِيرَاثِهِ مِنْ أَهْلِ النَّارِ ، يَعْنِي رِجَالاً دَخَلُوا النَّارَ ، فَوَرِثَ أَهْلُ الْجَنَّةِ نِسَاءَهُمْ ، كَمَا وُرِثَتِ امْرَأَةُ فِرْعَوْنَ.

I read somewhere in the past that it has a weak 'isnaad' but what grabbed my attention is how often this particular hadiith is quoted by sites that sow doubt and confusion. All you need to do is simply type Ibn Majah and 4337 in Google and see what comes up.

^^Still you could see that the translation of the hadiith in English is more graphic than the actual meaning of it in Arabic.

Dakar is widely used in the quran os is qubul awoowe

It's a general description of amenities of the jannah :D

Castro   

Yeah I know. It's the هِشَامُ بْنُ خَالِدٍ الأَزْرَقُ character who's a weak link in the narration. Specially in the last part of the Hadiith.

And you're right, the meaning was lost in the translation.