Sign in to follow this  
Samafal

The best thing that could happen to the country is if no oil is found

Samafal   

Mario B;805889 wrote:
No we wont be waiting for nobody, in the meantime we will be establishing our agriculture, Livestock and fishing sector, our financial sector, telecomunication sector, low tech industries, checks and balance in our politics also educating our masses so that when the oil bonanza comes we are not afflicted with the
curse of resources

Yeah but the think is you don't know if all of that will happen in 10 years time, do you?. Its seems the more educated and civilized Africans become the more they are susceptible to corruption and all kind of manipulation, case in point Nigeria.

When gulf states found oil they were mere nomads and corruption was unheard of. So instead of delaying things for uncertain future its better to drill oil and hope things will be for the better.

Mario B   

Samafal;805959 wrote:
Yeah but the think is you don't know if all of that will happen in 10 years time, do you?. Its seems the more educated and civilized Africans become the more they are susceptible to corruption and all kind of manipulation, case in point Nigeria.

When gulf states found oil they were mere
nomads and corruption was unheard
of. So instead of delaying things for uncertain future its better to drill oil and hope things will be for the better.

The difference is that we have corruption now and it's rampant. Just imagine "PL" now without oil money, one day it's threatening to cede the next it's telling TFG what to do. We need stable governance in all regions of somalia before that sot of money spills in the somali political body.

Nigeria was a military dictatorship when there was oil boom, it's just now they are trying to build a civic society and check and balance.

Mario B;805962 wrote:
The difference is that we have corruption now and it's rampant. Just imagine "PL" now without oil money, one day it's threatening to cede the next it's telling TFG what to do. We need stable governance in all regions somalia before that sot of money spills in the somali political body.

, PL already tells the TFG what to do. :eek:

Mario B   

kingofkings;805967 wrote:
maria, PL already tells the TFG what to do. :eek:

"PL" is an insecure entity that's why.:D

Mario B   

xiimaaya;805968 wrote:
if oil dont come out i wil never claim to be somali ever again..

So now what do you claim to be.

Samafal   

QUOTE=Mario B;805962]The difference is that we have corruption now and it's rampant. Just imagine "PL" now without oil money, one day it's threatening to cede the next it's telling TFG what to do. We need stable governance in all regions of somalia before that sot of money spills in the somali political body.

Nigeria was a military dictatorship when there was oil boom, it's just now they are trying to build a civic society and check and balance.

it seems to me that you're more concerned that one entity getting more powerful than the rest? So you're saying it should wait for the other regions! It reminds me when Puntland was established people first said it won't work and will collapse in no time, then they said it should have waited for other regions until Somali people decided their future together, that would have meant fourteen years in the limbo. Sxb it should not be a concern to any one that Puntland wants to better itself and its people while promising to share everything with the rest of Somalia. Puntland has always been part of the TFG and never entertained itself seceding, i don't know where you got that idea from. The TFg is goverment of national unity, you can telll them what to do, I can tell them what to do and Faroole can tell them what to do! Afterall its our goverment.

Mario B   

t seems to me that you're more concerned that one entity getting more powerful than the rest? So you're saying it should wait for the other regions! It reminds me when Puntland was established people first said it won't work and will collapse in no time, then they said it should have waited for other regions until Somali people decided their future together, that would have meant fourteen years in the limbo. Sxb it should not be a concern to any one that Puntland wants to better itself and its people while promising to share everything with the rest of Somalia. Puntland has always been part of the TFG and never entertained itself seceding, i don't know where you got that idea from. The TFg is goverment of national unity, you can telll them what to do, I can tell them what to do and Faroole can tell them what to do! Afterall its our goverment.- Samafal

Forget "PL", maybe this article will help you understand what i'm talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_curse#Taxation

South Sudan is an oil producer look the mess it's in, and we are supposed to be worse in terms of corruption, governance, etc...

Samafal   

That's too long to read. We know resource can be curse or blessing! we know that much, its the timing we were urguing on. For some how you think the future is all bright (10 years that is :)). I say corruption and msmanagement will always be there but can be reduced depending on who is in charge.

Mario B   

Samafal;805994 wrote:
That's too long to read. We know resource can be curse or blessing! we know that much, its the timing we were urguing on. For some how you think the future is all bright (10 years that is
:)
). I say corruption and msmanagement will always be there but can be reduced depending on who is in charge.

The future is bright, but we need to make it!!:DRemember GOD does not change condition of people until they change....

Abdul   

kingofkings;805967 wrote:
, PL already tells the TFG what to do. :eek:

This is getting beyond childish now.

Carafaat;805862 wrote:
I blame Burnt Notice and his Madoff scheme

LMAO...you crack me up Carafaat...

u should go on the road with that kind of comedy