Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Ibrahim dheere the most wealthiest Somali in the Somali peninsula the Economist.

LANDER   

^ Tell the poor lad :D

The old man is retired and doesn't run much business himself anymore, he was always extremely land rich on very valuable territory, though some of that land has been recently taken over by the Djibouti dictatorship. He also had several other businesses but 1.6 billion dollars? hmm He's never been a fan of the spotlight I don't think he's gonna like this type of publication if it is true and it gets published in The Economist.

Carafaat;805897 wrote:
being rich in the poverty striken Somalia is not something to envy.

meesha soo eeg & you be surprised...yes lot poor people but also lot who live good,no starvation thou & no different from otha 3rd world countries,actually quite an accomplishment in light of what somalis went thru lately.Anyway great someone with billions earned honestly unlike stinking politicians stealing from the poor.

Carafaat   

burahadeer;806081 wrote:
meesha soo eeg & you be surprised...yes lot poor people but also lot who live good,no starvation thou & no different from otha 3rd world countries,actually quite an accomplishment in light of what somalis went thru lately.Anyway great someone with billions earned honestly unlike stinking politicians stealing from the poor.

I dont think one can earn millions honestly in poor countries like Somalia. Unless you dont pay taxes, create monopolies, manipulate prices, low wages speculation or earn riba on loans.

I have been there and always come back much poorer money wise and richer qalbi wise.

^^^ that happens everywhere to varying degrees.Look at multi corporations & big COs...they pay less than ordinary workers % wise.Infact there was report last week that 49% of americans hasn't filed federal tax last year.I do every year & am no where near rich.

burahadeer;806081 wrote:

Its funny how even if somaliland was dubai there are always people who would say otherwise...people who have alterior motives are funny really...just say mashallah and keep your mouth shut thats the decent thing to do. :cool:

Carafaat   

burahadeer;806128 wrote:
^^^ that happens everywhere to varying degrees.Look at multi corporations & big COs...they pay less than ordinary workers % wise.Infact there was report last week that 49% of americans hasn't filed federal tax last year.I do every year & am no where near rich.

is that being honest according to you

Carafaat;806157 wrote:
is that being honest according to you

no, all am saying is there is no 100% honesty or justice anywhere..always some loopholes,way out for the rich to beat the system.

If you talking about me trying to be honest? yes it's good to file or it catch up with you later,fined & pay a whole lot more.Also you be asked on anything to do with immigration,embassies and even some gov't jobs.Remember years ago a supreme court lady nominated by clinton was denied cos she didn't pay taxes on her latino maid.Plus you get a return sum from 100s to 1000s depending on how much you made last year.