Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland Offers Sliver of Hope for War-torn Somalia

Banknotes in piles the size of desks lie on a dusty street guarded by dozing civilians - money exchange offices in Somaliland, the northern breakaway state of war-torn Somalia.

While war rages in southern Somalia - where regional armies and government troops battle Shebab fighters allied to Al-Qaeda - the relative stability achieved in Somaliland offers a sliver of hope for the rest of the anarchic land.

'We are a peaceful and democratic country,' said Mr Ahmed Mohamed Silanyo, president of the self-declared country which broke away from Somalia in 1991, the year the Horn of Africa nation erupted into all-out civil war.

'People have said we are an oasis of peace in the Horn of Africa,' added Mr Silanyo, who took the helm of this nation the size of England in peaceful 2010 polls.

Good article i was just reading it but what can Somaliland truly contribute to Somalia and its peace and stability the world often sees Somaliland as an example how somalia could've been.

Somalia;803298 wrote:
I read it a few hours ago, made me puke.

:D :D did they say an oasis of peace. What happen to the wars in buuhoodle and the kiliings in Awdal. :confused::eek:

Freedom   

King I use your favorite word stop trolling and following Somalia around lol you his cheerleader or are you the same person lool

kingofkings;803302 wrote:
:D
:D did they say an oasis of peace. What happen to the wars in buuhoodle and the kiliings in Awdal. :confused::eek:

and what happen to your earlier claims that Buhodle is not SL ? :D

The Sage   

"Somaliland demonstrates it is possible to build peace and stability in Somalia" if there is a "clear objective" -- in this case independence -- said Georges-Marc Andre, EU ambassador to Somalia, the largest donor here.

:D