Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

The Somaliland's Coca-Cola Factory

JB as you've no doubt sampled these products, i wanted to ask about the labelling. Does it have a region encoded i.e. here in the UK we have a large Made in GB symbol on all coca cola products. I suspect the labelling is region free. Possibly the only way to tell where it was produced is by closer inspection of the barcode. I'm pretty sure the coke factory in Mogadishu also suffered from the same problem, maybe you can clear this issue up for me. Next time you're downing a cool one take a closer look. Cheers.

Manshallah itlooks very modern and organised. Kudos to them and I can see what looks like Somali operators/employees which is also very good.

That said, I hope the products are not for export but only for import-substitution purposes as exporting would be a grave and strategically unwise decision to make. Domestic market only means that this way the venture can still make a lot of income/profit especially considering that the implementing of the import substitution policy in this context, further supporting this venture.

It would be a very unwise decision to support the export of our most precious and extremely scarce/limited resource (water) when Hargeisa has a water-shortage, millions of people throughout Somaliland and the Somali peninsula cannot aford the basic neccecity of water, knowing that somali lands are particularly prone to and have deeply been affected by drought even leading to famine. Creating factories for export substitution, job creation, cash-outflow reduction is a great initiative - we should not export our water however.

Horta waxaan idin waydiiyay, imisa warshad coke baa ku taal Hargeysa. & Imisa ceel shidaal baa ku yaal Puntland. it seems when ever the Dotoorka brings dharoor oil rig pictures (from different angel shots) every day , JB pulls the Hargeysa cola factory from his hat. Tit for tat. ;)