Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

NBA 2007/2008

N.O.R.F   

^I have a new sports package which includes the NBA so I will be better informed. Only problem is the games come on in the middle of the night.

^Take early naps in early evenings, that way you will be refreshed in time for the games. (PS:Sleeping is for the dead @north)

Hi Playmaker, yes, the Gasol trade was just amazing, but the shaq trade is one I am waiting to see of its first taste, the face off on this wednesday night's game.

Hoping Shaq and kobe play on the wednesday game.

I really hope Kobe isn't sidelined from now and until playoffs because of a pinky finger injury, he says it isnt bad, but the laker trainers say different.

The slam dunk competition from this past weekend was the sickest competition I have watched in a while.

The so called "birthday cake dunk" from gerald green had me standing up from my seat, wallaahi it was just sick, blowing the candle as he dunked.(even thought dunking without shoes wasn't given much props, I thought it was one dope dunk he did on barefoot)

Dwight and his perfect scoring dunks, the backboard dunk and superman cape dunk, that was just ridiculous.

Back to the trade deadline,I am still waiting for the kidd trade, too bad reject devean george had held it up as long as he had.

I hated that george dude during his lakers years, and I still hate him with passion.

I guess he really wants to show that he too has a voice in this so called "trade clause", where he can decide where he goes.

whatever happened to GM's making the final decision on where a player lands?

Why were these rules applied in the first place, now every tom and dick who signs a multi year contract with a team will be exercising his one time power, even thought his performance with the team he is holding up may not be the greatest.

On the other hand, I really think dallas will be losing alot just to gain Jason Kidd, who may or may not be productive for another year, maybe two the most.

These is so much competition and youth now more than ever in the western conference that I don't think Kidd can outlast the likes of Roy from blazers, chris paul of new orleands, and deron williams utah jazz.

Those young guys are talented and fearless and kidd has to be guarding them night in and night out.

If the mavericks finally land kidd after all the drama surrounding whether or not a trade would go, or it wont, they will really have to pull a miracle to win against those guards I mentioned 4X per season, per team.

All in all, mavericks will be solid on their backcourt, but their full front court will be slimming drastically if Kidd lands in Dallas this week.

The so called "birthday cake dunk" from gerald green had me standing up from my seat, wallaahi it was just sick, blowing the candle as he dunked.(even thought dunking without shoes wasn't given much props, I thought it was one dope dunk he did on barefoot)

you are right on the money, I couldn't believe the birthday cake didn't get enough props..that was sick. his head went above the rim then he blew the candle..i guess when you see the reply you appreciate it more..The Suns Vs Lakers game will be nice shaq and kobe are both expected to play..keep me updating Lazieg, you know some of us have to work for living..i hate my schedule..

I am not sure if you guys watched the most anticipated game of the week, Lakers Vs Suns, but I caught most of the second half, but I really did want to come home early to catch from beginning to end and it didnt work out that way.

To start it off, I haven't seen so many facial dunks in one game, forget one quarter, but one game for a long time now.

It was high intensity game, up and down the court type, exactly as suns wanted it.

So Having caught up most of second half, in other words, catching early on 3rd quarter and most of 4th quarter, I just couldn't miss a moment, each second, each minute was just heart bounding.

The best of the facial dunks was Kobe dribbling from behind the free throw line past his defender aka Raja Bell, going into the lane and reaching up high and dunking with one hand on amare stoudemire and passed boris diaw, two big players.

I appreciated that dunk the first time I seen him do, I didn't need that replayed@all, it was a moment alright.

Another highlight was the nash pass to shaq for dunking with two of his hands, it was powerful but not as electrifying as the kobe facial.

Amare had facials as well, but he had facial dunks that was done on him and around him then he dunked for that period of time.

Gasol facial was also deserved standing ovation.

Enough about that defeat, and well deserved if I might add, but the boston vs Suns showdown from lastnight, I have yet to watch, because I recorded it.

I dont want to know the score at all until I have time to look through that game, but I am sure it was something just because kevin garnett is in it, cant wait to watch it, hopefully soon.

The thursday's news of clevaland and chicago trade, it seems to me that chicago loaded up on young cats, even thought much isn't expected from larry hughes, but for goodness sake, they got gooden for barely nothing.

Considering that Ben Wallace was just non factor since he got to chicago, and chicago having young cats filling that position, they really didn't lose much on his trade, if at all, they gained extra body, one that is very effective, if Gooden put his mind to it.

Cleveland after all did go thinner, instead of thicker. I don't know how much west will contribute in the backcourt from the sonics, or joe smith. Joe Smith has his on/off moments, so I really won't hold my breath when it comes to him, just wait and see type.

I would very much be interested to see the chemistry between Lebron and Ben Wallace, maybe this could become one of the best one-two duo in the league, but will see.

Thats it for now, mr PM, I am sure you have time to check out the blogs and such during working hours...

mr PM, I am sure you have time to check out the blogs and such during working hours...

I was joking Lazie, Btw if you are such a big fan of Gtant Hill do you remember his best dunk ever? i will take you way back in the days...

^dude, when hill was on his prime, he had done too many one hand dunks on players for me to count.

Best open court player I have watched in my life time. He use to be a very good complete player, his mid range shots were unbelievable.

The silly answer to your silly question is no, I don't recall a memorable dunk that lasted me this many yrs, I probably won't be remembering the dunks I watched this year in another few months.

I do however I am very disappointed with the blow out game against pistons, suns were a disgrace, humilitation kasii daran.

PS: You keeping an eye on my philly team? They hot as hell, but not sure how much longer they will keep that final playoff spot with chicago creeping right behind, unless your carter gives up, that means they fall instead of philly

The silly answer to your silly question is no, I don't recall a memorable dunk that lasted me this many yrs, I probably won't be remembering the dunks I watched this year in another few months

I can't believe U, it was one the best dunks ever..it happened when he was with pistons and it was a bad alley oop..I swear it looked that it was going out of bound because it was so high above the rim and G hill went up and dunked..it was one of the craziest dunks i've ever seen..

hey your philly team are making a run for the playoffs..but the east conf is so so sad even atlanta is in the playoffs with only 26 wins..sad..

PM, 76ers are destroying teams. LOL@the pistons upset. Pistons thought they would walk into that game and walk out with a W.

Tomorrow should be fun, AI is back in philly.

Nuggets have woken up from their on/off coma since the season started but it may be too late for them to catch the warriors for final spot.

That said, warriors could mess up and give nuggets a lifeline, either way, it will be one of these conference shifts, were the seating for the western conference will be decided by the last few games, if not right to the 82nd one.

Its as thought the western conference is the new eastern conference, too much competition and not enough dominance, very exciting.

Rockets surge is not something I am buying. 22 in a row aa tiri, let them have 30 in a row, I still don't think they can get passed the 1st round. At the same time, I cant put anything passed rick adelman, that dude did wonders in sacramento. He may be the guy to take tracy passed the 1st round slum, who knows eh?

Lakers have showed that without a big man in the paint, they are just a typical team from the east.(their game isnt even good enough for their conference) They have lost the edge.

Mavericks, I dont know what to make of them. crystal ball anyone?

i cant beleive big D lost Niwitzki over the weekend...they lost their best player and now with the west being the hardest and deepest conference in the NBA history...i dont think dallas has the chance to make to the playoff...AI and co will have a good run and will make to the playoff...lakers vs nuggets first round match up will be must c tv.

This yr's playoffs is gonna be exciting..

Lakers VS Celtics..my picks for the finals..

Oh did i mention if kansas wins tonight vs Memphis i am gonna win the NCAA pool.

Go Kansas..

PM, how much did you win on the pool?

I had my money on UCLA going all the way, big disappointment.

As far as the playoffs are concerned, I am really hoping the 76ers can keep up the momentum and keep that 6th seat, I like their chances of facing the magic, instead of the big wolf aka pistons. I want raptors to say exactly where they are(7th) so they can get sweeped by you know who.

I want new orleans to make sure to keep that 1st seat, because nuggets have more of a chance to finally come off the 1st round than any other season. Nuggets are on fire, and if you watched lastnight's match up against the warriors, then you had a preview of next weekend when the playoffs start.

Watch out new orleans, nuggets are gunning for u.

Lastly, I just want to say, let the lakers stay at #2 or #3, depending on who wins sunday's game, after all, that will be one hell of a match up, its like a preview of the playoffs coming for us this sunday against spurs.

Goodluck to your lakers @PM, kobe ain't gonna get the MVP, c-paul for MVP, big ups to that kid, either him or garnett, not sure how that will play out, but the 2 top gunners of the conference's will be the 1 and 2 in the voting.