Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

NBA 2007/2008

N.O.R.F   

I'm surprised this thread hasnt been started by our resident NBA fans yet :confused:

So who has been traded to where and how are the teams shaping up so far? Is King James still killing teams?

Any early predictions?

ps lets try and keep it clean this year :cool:

Normally, I talk shop with Jay and he isn't here anymore, so thats why NBA thread wasn't started.

Secondly, there have been some major trades, but mostly, it happened the off season, you or others probably have had a chance to hear or read about KG going green over at Che's current hometown, and he gets to enjoy him.

They were the hottest team until this past weekend, when D-Howard from Orlando Magic and his crew handed The Boston celtics their first loss of the season and what a loss it was and what a hot 4th quarter performance by both teams.

Now Boston could have had that, but they were a step behind the entire night, and it just happened that Magic could taste the win and everyone stepped up, turkolu hit some good shots behind the arc that was just money ball.

The Heat are suffering, among other things. Everyone is on everyone's throat, just as the general section of SOL was a little while ago, alot of the finger pointing is directed at Shaq , but I am sure riley has something under his sleeve, and will probably come through, but don't expect Heat to make it past the first round of the playoffs, there are some tough competition among the east.

The Orlando Magic look good, few more add ons during the off season, and the former heat coach as their coach now, which means discipline all around and a bright young man on D-Howard should mean atleast past the first round but experience will come to play in the next couple of seasons before I can offically consider them a contender.

(I gotta admit, when I heard that the magic signed rashad lewis, I was going like "what were they thinking" injury prone player who has been on/off the line up for the sonics for so long and now you are gambling with him to be your second in command behind howard and you poured all that $$$ on rashad? I was disappointed, but watching them play on the weekend made me question my previous reaction)

Celtics are hot, but as I said before its too early to jump on that wagon anytime soon, maybe Playmaker will be their fan since his nets are toasted due to Carter injury (which shouldn't have made a difference, these losses that are coming the nets way is another way for them to excuse themselves from their responsibilities, this was a team that some experts said late oct./early nov. could give the pistons or celtics a run for their money come playoffs)

The west is deep as always, but with the return of Kenyon Martin, and the healthier he gets, the better hope there is for George Karl and company, all in all, I see Nuggets going deep into the playoffs, but no success as far as title for this year.

The lakers are alright to watch, just caught half a game since season started.

Did watch the match-up between Golden State and Mavericks, exciting as ever as Baron Davis is, I think Golden state can definitely make it to the playoffs, lets just hope they have better success with other teams other than dallas.

Dallas's line up doesn't excite me, but will see how their fair as season goes.

Spurs are still team to be reckon with, even they have no sure win on being a back to back champs this season, but might make noise.

Something is off with the phoenix suns, cant put my finger on it but will see. Could it be becuz marion is a distraction, he knows he wasn't wanted by his team, but gotta love that guy because he still looks like he is giving all he got, even thought rumor had it numerous times that suns wanted him out.

With grant hill playing for the suns, that itself is a honour on its own and I cant wait to keep on that team on his behalf, he is after all one of the top favourite players on my all time list, wuv wuv wuv him soooooooooo.

All the other teams I didnt mention are non factor in my book.

Lebron's hype and his lack of team and coach and now with his second in scoring injured yet again @ larry hughes, he has a long road ahead.

You are so informative LazieG but why don't you talk about how your Sixers suck so bad ever since AI left..BTW i told you Celtics will be off the hook this yr, bad loss from last night thou but i like it so far..they already have a team chemistry which was my first concern but than everytime you have star like KG who is unselfish is easy to build a team chemistry..

LANDER   

Lazie G,

Your wrong about Dwight and the Magic, they are the real deal, I got Howard on my fantasy squad and drafted him early second round, my ppls were crackin jokes at me for doing that, there not laughing anymore 39 pts 15 rebounds and 5 blocks the last game. The addition of Rashard Lewis and the all star play of Hedo has turn the magic into the REAL DEAL. I predict them to go to the conference finals unless somebody can cripple man-child.

but watching them play on the weekend made me question my previous reaction)

Lander, I wrote the above quote on nov.21st, incase you missed it, fatlan, re-read it.

In other words, I might have judged the magic too early based on the amount of $$ they poured into rashad lewis, I thought here we go again.

We all do respect to rashad lewis as a player, but history can not be erased and when it comes to him and injury, he is just immune to breaking something or hurting anything at anytime. That aside, his inconsistancy, his inability to function as a leader. Lets not forget that he didn't deserve that contract. As a role player, he will probably be an asset to an established team, and magic aren't it.

As I said, I have watched them once before as mentioned on my initial post then again lastnight I caught early 3rd quarter right to the end of regulation and phoenix just took their defense apart, aside from when they caught up, and that last play by stan for a 3? I never understood why a coach sets a play for a 3pointer Vs a 2 when the entire game is on the line? He could have easily written a dribble and a possible foul right to the hoop and that could in return either tie the game if the player takes it to the hoop, or a possible foul depending on how he is foul? On top of that, the best defensive guy as far as power forward in matrix aa haayo rashad and yet the coach sets a play for him to shoot over matrix over other players, aqli daro at its best. That was just bad coaching decision.

To make matters worse, you have weak backcourt aka Jameer Nelson and his sidekick backup aka puerto rican in the nba aka arroyo, and you actually believe that they will make it to the conference finals? hahahahhaha qosol waaye waxaas, ee bal is daji.

Man child has weak support, they are good enough to make it to playoffs, even pass the first round, but thats it, as far as them going anywhere with bench such as evans and cooks (phill jackson rejects)lol, and dooly please, waligaa riyoo but that is one far fetched riyo as I just laid out the entire team's weakness.

Originally posted by LANDER:

Lazie G,

Your wrong about Dwight and the Magic, they are the real deal, I got Howard on my fantasy squad and drafted him early second round, my ppls were crackin jokes at me for doing that, there not laughing anymore 39 pts 15 rebounds and 5 blocks the last game. The addition of Rashard Lewis and the all star play of Hedo has turn the magic into the REAL DEAL. I predict them to go to the conference finals unless somebody can cripple man-child.

Howard was always a great fantasy player pick. So is Amare if he stays healthy he usually gets you big numbers.

LANDER   

Lazy,

your wrong about Rashard, he deserves every penny, yes he's had injury problem before, but he is exactly what they needeed in Orlando. As for your prediction I suppose we'll find out all in due time.

As for Matrix, All I got to say is your not serious? the whole best defensive player part..lol. With Bruce Bowen lurking around you think he's the best? I think Matrix is an overated defender, yes he's got spectacular shot blocking and hops and fills the stats sheet (thanks to Nash), but his grit, positioning and footwork is WACK. He struggles with all the top scorers in the league and especially Kobe, but don't take my word for it, peep this video link below let me know what you think :D Raja Bell yes can stop ppl defensively but Seam Marion?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kobe+shawn+marion&search=Search

Cheers Fellaz

It seems that Paul Gasol has left the building Elvis style, in route to Kobe and Los Angeles, hehehe.

I am not so sure memphis got the immediate return they wanted off the deal, but Lakers are clear winners from the trade.

Can someone say Kwame who? Kwame wherE? LOL

His days as an NBa player is numbered, soon he will be waived altogether.

If I know one thing, is that brotha playmaker isn't happy about this deal.

This laker team was a tough team early on the season, and had a minor setback recently with the loss of the young bynum and kwame back in the rotation, but now that Paul is here, a little spanish flavour anyone? icon_razz.gif

OMG, my eyes are playing tricks on me.

I am reading the news feeds at work now and they traded SHAQ to suns.

Yesterday, I thought it was just a rumor, but today, it actually happened.

Woowwwwwwwwwwwwww, suns are untouchable.

Shaq must not be as hurt as they previously claimed. A block buster trade at its best, this really is icing on the cake, forgot the gasol one. Division rivals, wallaahi waa leysku dhaarsan yahay laker vs Suns games ought to bring huge ratings in the coming weeks.

Would shaq become the only player in NBA history to have made 3 team hopefuls into nba champions?

I don't think there is an nba player who made the difference shaq has made in L.A, in Miamia and soon in phoenix.

If suns win it all this june, it will be because of shaq, especially if he can bring back his big man dominance to atleast 65% to 70%.

PS: My favourite player of all time aka Grant Hill has more chance to win a title than he ever had in his career, omg, I am so excited for him.

N.O.R.F   

^^Grant Hill still around? Good player. Shaq has made another good move and the Suns will be laughing. This may just clinch it for them.

Woowwwwwwwwwwwwww, suns are untouchable

I think that's a good trade for Suns but Lakers are team to beat now, wait till they get Bynum back..BTW LazieG i loved the trade for gassol that was a big and all of a sudden Lakers became a real contender..

Boston beat every team in the west so far, so yes they are on fire...

Northener, man you need to get a dish TV and watch some american sports forget that soccer $hit.