Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

History is made. Abdi Warsame wins Minneapolis City Council seat

STOIC   

Congrats now Somalis have a someone to represent them in the city council when it comes to matters of licensing, and city ordinance like policing crime areas..The council is not a big post( I don't even know my city councillors I live in a big city) but still this shows there is a possibility of one day being a State senator to many others political careers.Congrats Warsame!

Blessed   

Rahima;984704 wrote:
Let's hope he benefits all Somalis and not just the qaraabo.

Ameen, Inshaallah!

Congrats to Abdi...

Congrats to Mr. Burhan Yassin Warsame. I don't really understand this things spewed around here regarding him representing All Somalis when in fact he ran for the whole of the Ward. The man ran and got Voted people shouldn't have brought the mans past to it or grudges one feels having had different opinions in regards to politics back home.

Just say congratulation and leave the past to the past. I am not a fan of such disapproving comments. Just being silent would be more appropriate if discourging comments can't be avoided.

STOIC   

I just got news that a Somali won city mayor of Clarkston, Ga.If the news is true you got it first here haha.. This is a small commuter city East of Atlanta. This city made it to the New York Times and even had a book published about it when the old racist Mayor refused kids to play soccer in the city park. Today the city has a Somali mayor! In your face old racist! They wanted to make a movie out of the story maybe now is the right time...at least a positive Hollywood story out of that mayor racism.

STOIC   

Opps the mayor guy lost( hopefully next time) but they won city council...I guess this guy of Ga will be the second elected city council official..Congrats to him too...

Khayr   

Tallaabo;984698 wrote:
Congratulations for winning the election. You ran a good campaign both in SOL and on the ground:D

Yeah, he definitely did!

Now, focus on befriending other city councillors.

Rahima. Mayors, City Councilors, Governors, Representatives, and Senators have been arrested, tried, convicted, and sentenced. The institution is bigger than individual, our homeboy will be learn that very soon. Besides, in America you are owned by those finance your campaign, and not by silly relatives.

^Waryaada stop the slander against the brother. He is elected to represent everyone in his constituency, be it East Africans or white Americans.

STOIC   

It would be unfair to judge the brother on SoL posts. If this is Duke we wish you nothing, but success brother.May you climb higher and make good connections...it is silly to judge you on some random political takes..Insha-Allah all the best if this rumors are true that it is our very OWN SOL duke! congrats Again!

The insinuation that his election may only benefit his relatives sounds yuck. He's being activating for Somalis and East African cause for a long time, so why would he act differently now.