Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

History is made. Abdi Warsame wins Minneapolis City Council seat

Maqane   

I wish Abdi Warsame the best of luck for tomorrow's election, i'm excited and looking forward to watching the election results.

I'm not a Somali-American citizen but may the spirit of my vote be with him. Forward → 'The first Somali City Council! '

Jacpher   

Libaax-Sankataabte;984408 wrote:
The internal numbers coming our are very very promising. The momentum is clearly on Abdi Warsame's side. History will be made. Please go out and vote.

Mr. Warsame is the endorsed candidate and the strongest on in the race. He will make history tomorrow night insha'alaah.

LayZie G.;984523 wrote:

3) Mahamed A Cali

4) Abdi Addow

5) Sheikh Abdul

6) Abukar Abdi

7) Abdulahi Mahamud Warsame (withdrew his candidacy shortly after the filing)

Lazy, the Abdi's you listed are most likely there to stop Abdi Warsame and are working with Lilligren's campaign. All evidence points to a dirty campaign orchestrated by a losing incumbent. His last ditch effort is to divide the Somali vote and keep the status quo. The Abdis above have no campaign committees and have only registered to run - which any eligible citizen can do for a small fee.

I was searching for the original article I read about the "multiple Abdis" suddenly showing up, but I found something better. Here is a video of Abdi himself calling Lilligren out for his dirty tactics.

^ To you it may seem like that. Maybe even to your candidate, but thats politics Sanka. There are always surprises, but the entry of multiple

candidates prior to the filing deadline is very common in a tight race. Its not illegal, and the incumbent did not break any laws.

During the DFL caucus, the incumbent accused your candidate's supporters of using "gay slurs". Some of the volunteers were heard directing caucus goers to your candidate's lane with the line: If you are voting for the "QANIIS" this way, if you are voting for the Somali guy "THAT WAY", sound

familiar?

The chatter and dirty campaigning has always been there. This isn't something the incumbent just started. And for god's sake, dont say your candidate is innocent, and his opponent isn't. Thats just naive.

In any case, the video you shared proves nothing. Waayo, your candidate is using Hennepin County Website as proof that the new candidates are fraud. That is not evidence, especially considering that some of his constituents dont know what he is talking about when your candidate says the folowing at the 3:00 minute mark: "The incumbent and I the only two candidates who filed. We are the only two candidates who registered their committees, no other candidate did".

This is nothing, considering that Campaign Finance Reporting is not a term most Farax's are familiar with. Nor do most Farax's know the deadline for filing, penalty, and why some candidates choose to do it before the deadlines and others dont.

There are various deadlines, the fine is rather small in comparison to other states, and counties, and it proves nothing because we both know that Campaign Finance Reporting could happen for some after the elections, while others choose to disclose their finances during the elections. Again, this isn't evidence at all. It also doesn't proof anything. Its a delaying tactic.

Jacpher, there is a snowfall in the forecast, if it snows today will it effect the turn out for the Somali voters.

Wishing Mr. Warsame the best of luck. Go Abdi!!

Hawdian   

^ Im' not from the US but seing so many somal candidates , I can see you guys are back to that old game which has divided you so many times. Good luck to all the candidates. A divded vote never wins.

BYUzyJgCEAAMBKa.jpg

Lazy, the reason why Brian Coyle is not as busy is that most of Cedar-Riverside residents voted absentee. If I am not mistaken, approximately 1600 absentee votes were cast for Abdi Warsame. Your friend Lillgren had zero votes heading into today’s election. May I also remind you that Lilligan's entire election vote total the last time he won the ward is roughly the same as the number of early votes Abdi Warsame has in the bank. :)

I am not saying Lilligren will not get any votes. I think his community (the LBGT community) will rally behind him, but his chances of being re-elected today are very slim. Having said that, I am fully aware this is politics and anything can happen.

Let us wait and see how the numbers turn out.

^Both Abdi identify with the DFL branch, but one is endorsed by the party and one isn't. This is due to the fact that the second abdi is late to

the game. LOL...

Meet the other Abdi that Sanka doesn't want you to know about...

Libaax-Sankataabte;984628 wrote:
BYUzyJgCEAAMBKa.jpg

Lazy, the reason why Brian Coyle is not as busy is that most of Cedar-Riverside residents voted absentee. If I am not mistaken, approximately 1600 absentee votes were cast for Abdi Warsame.

Mida hore, by whose estimation? If 4,000+ absentee ballots were casted, and of which 1,600+ came from Ward 6, how is it that all of those

ballots were counted for your candidate? Are you attempting to fudge numbers? LOL

Mida kale, you are underestimating the power of voter confusion, in addition to using the rank choice voting, talk about a chaotic afternoon.

Also, I don't have a dog in this fight. Unlike you, I'm an objective observer when it comes to the Somali candidates.

Why did you choose Abdi and not the other Abdi?

and why didn't you discuss the recent allegations?

Complaint Filed Against Abdi Warsame for Campaign Finance Violation

Minneapolis, MN

Oct. 31, 2013

District 3 Park Board Candidate Said Maye has filed a complaint with the Office of Administrative Hearings against the Warsame Volunteer Committee for violating campaign finance law. Warsame and his team produced and distributed a sample ballot that encourages voters to support his personal choices for Mayor and Park Board. This type of in-kind contribution violates MN Statue which states that a candidate cannot use their campaign funds to contribute to the principal campaign of another candidate.

Minnesota Campaign Finance law is very clear as to how money can be raised and spent. Specifically 211A.13 prohibits the transfer of contributions between two candidates’ principal campaign committees. Said Maye says “It has come to my attention that a group of candidates have been working together to employ unethical dishonest tactics to further their campaigns. Their loose regard for campaign finance law is only a small part of the despicable acts I have observed and witnessed in my neighborhood.” Warsames 1st choice support of Mark Andrew, John Erwin, and Scott Vreeland should be investigated as this may only be the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the illegal coordination of campaigns in Minneapolis.

###

Said Maye

Candidate for Minneapolis Park Board District 3

(612)222-6166

saidmaye@gmail.com

Like·Comment·Share

Source:http://southwestminneapolis.patch.com/groups/said-maye-candidate-for-parks-district---3/p/ae9b60a7-94ca-4ab2-ae79-de8d5ee2d9dd

Sure, the first Abdi is running a clean campaign, atleast that what Sanka will have us believe.

Jacpher   

^Mr. Warsame is the endorsed candidate for the party. Just so you know, he is not only LST choice as you put it but he's the choice of the DFL Labor Party. The other Abdis are last minute add ons to confuse islaamaha Soomaaliya.

Gheele: So far so good. No rain or snow yet. Mr. Warsame run a clean compaign and I'm glad a large number of the community welcomed his candidancy and hopefully the results will show that in the next few hours.

^ ofcourse not Naxar, atleast not in Sanka's bubble.

Seriously, Sanka will like to pain a unity potrait among Somalis, who will all rally behind his candidate.

That said, he is very dismissive of all the other Somali candidates. He and others believe that Somalis are not divisive community, and after all, the man behind the new surge of candidates of Somali sounding names is none other than the incumbent. Take some responsibility for the way your candidate ran his campaign. Sweeping

endorsements and intimidation inspired others to dream of one day to run the projects, lol.

In fact, tonight's results will reveal one of two things.

1) Somalis in Minneapolis are divisive community, and Sanka's candidate loses.

2) Somalis are united, and are determined to vote as a block, in this case Sanka's candidate will win by a small margin.

Either way, the city council elections in Minneapolis have not been clean and are not clean. This much is a fact with the finger pointing among Somali candidates.