Sign in to follow this  
Akademik

Testing your faith from the others!

Akademik   

Intelligent minds saunter the streets to engage

in an intellectual discussion about our faith.

Their appearence may infuriate you,however,their

intentions are more threatening. Out of respect

you stop and listen to their exposition. In a

well planned strategy they question whether you

believe in god and the day of judgement. Whether

you believe in heaven and hell. Your response to

each question is "of course yes,yes,yes,and yes."

After trapping you into a helpless submission

they leave behind a beautiful brochure entited

"Islam or Christianity." Unable to refute due to

lack of knowledge or whatever the case may be;

you'r now compelled to take the brochure and go

home with doubts and defeat. As you browse

through the pamphlet you lap up all source of

obsurd things about your faith.

As a result, you may subconsciously ask yourself

why is it that a jew can grow his beard in order

to practice his faith......But when a muslim does

the same, he is "lapelled" as an extremist?

Why is it that a nun can be covered from head to

toe in order to devote herself to god......But

when a muslim woman does the same she is

oppressed?

The question is not WHY but rather HOW can you as

an individual successfully convey the message of

your faith to others in a proper manner. Let us

then not blame those who embody to insinuate

vile things about our faith. Let us then acquire

the knowledge and wisdow to overcome the

psychological barrier.

Subsequently, some of us may degrade the effect

of such psychological barrier. However, keep in

mind that it's an effect after all.

"If are is such a thing as the OLD TESTAMENT and

the NEW TESTAMENT, then surely there is the

LAST TESTAMENT."

Read the QUR'AN the LAST TESTAMENT. The most

positive book in the world.

Modesty   

Sun

Read the QUR'AN the LAST TESTAMENT. The most

positive book in the world.

So true! The Quran is without doubt my favorite book.

Arawella   

It’s frightening how we are manipulated into questioning our faith and beliefs. The other day, I had an interesting debate with a friend who is an atheist and even when I have used verses from the Qu’ran verifying recent findings by scientist such as mountains having roots, formation stage of a foetus to the birth of a child, different sea water not mixing, I was unable to convince him of the simple existence of Allah. I do not doubt my religion and I strongly believe in the Qu’ran yet I felt powerless and weak in my argument. How do you make someone belief, for I really would like him to be a Muslim.

F. Sis i think i can share your frustrations for I also have friends whom I would love for them to become muslims but it is hard because everytime we discuss Islam they can't pass the equality crab(excuse my language)! They are just trapped in that competetive part of the mind. so they ask me: so your telling me, women are not equal to men but they were created to complement each other? so the man is the head of the family, and if your father dies, your brother inherits more than you just because he is a boy? After long exhousting discussions, I tell them: maybe it is not time for you to grasp all these yet because it is really amazing how i can understand and be content simply cuz it is Allah's decreed. Allah said:

111. Even if We did send unto them angels, and the dead did speak unto them, and We gathered together all things before their very eyes, they are not the ones to believe, unless it is in Allah.s plan. But most of them ignore (the truth).

So I try my best to show them different sides of our religion, a side not covered by the media. like for instance, I was chatting with my friend Barbara no too long ago and I was so excited about the upcoming Eid. and she asked me: what attracted you the most to your religion and I responded Kindness. I told her how our Prophet(SWC) was the kindest man ever lived and gave her examples of such occasions. And to my surprise Barbara who knew a lot about the Islam(mainly she googles everything she doesnt understand) exclaimed with teary eyes, I didnt know that side about him. all I every read about his history is him being Political leader and a military man who conquered countries. so that wasnt a total waste.

----------------------------------------------

Get Up!Up Even the best fall down sometimes

Arawella   

C&H it is very pleasing to hear of your success with Barbara. Masha Allah, I hope that she becomes a Muslim. I can only say to you well done and keep your effort in promoting and sharing our religion with everyone. smile.gif

Akademik   

SALAM all of you, do you know that the fittest people to recieve this message with us is the jew and christian:AHLAL-QITAB."O ye people of the book" that don't mean KUFAAR:One who rejects the faith,I'm only saying we MUSLIM have to take the leadership of the faith seriously and get our customers and when i say customer,do you know that i meaning, without provoking anyone, because you will lose it and than you can't realy speak on the truth and that is not the way of wisdom.

Yeniceri   

Assalamu Calaykum,

Originally posted by S.U.N.S.E.T:

Unable to refute due to lack of knowledge or whatever the case may be; you'r now compelled to take the brochure and go home with
doubts and defeat

If the argument of a non-believer can make one go home with "doubts" about his/her faith, then its best to remember the inspiring story of Bilal ibn Rabah, companion of the Messenger of Allah Muhammad (SCW), who withstood torture and torment but never relented in his faith and devotion to Allah SWT.

Originally posted by Fathia:

How do you
make
someone belief,

As someone above mentioned, you can't make someone believe in Islam. If anyone could make someone believe, then the Messenger of Allah Muhammad (SCW) would've made his beloved uncle, Abu Talib, convert to Islam before his death.

Excerpts from the Noble Qur'an:

2:256: Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks.

18:17: ...He whom Allah guides is rightly guided; but he whom Allah leaves to stray - for him wilt thou find no protector to lead him to the Right Way.

40:28: ...Truly Allah guides not one who transgresses and lies!

28:50: ...for Allah guides not people given to wrong-doing.

24:46: ...and Allah guides whom He wills to a way that is straight.

9:24: ...then wait until Allah brings about His decision: and Allah guides not the rebellious.

3:86: How shall Allah Guide those who reject Faith after they accepted it and bore witness that the Messenger was true and that Clear Signs had come unto them? but Allah guides not a people unjust.

Originally posted by Fathia:

It’s frightening how we are manipulated into questioning our faith and beliefs. The other day, I had an interesting debate with a friend who is an atheist and even when I have used verses from the Qu’ran verifying recent findings by scientist such as mountains having roots, formation stage of a foetus to the birth of a child, different sea water not mixing, I was unable to convince him of the simple existence of Allah. I do not doubt my religion and I strongly believe in the Qu’ran yet I felt powerless and weak in my argument. How do you make someone belief, for I really would like him to be a Muslim.

Assalamu Alaikum,

I have been through the same debate...except this was on a forum (Somalinet) instead of a 'face-face' debate! There is no point debating with this person bro/sis because no matter how much you try...they will always disagree. The best thing you can do after showing them proof and all is praying for their guidance Insh'Allah! Most non-Muslims who debate with you concerning Islam do not do it for the sake of gaining knowledge but rather for the sake of degrading Islam!

"Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us Mercy from You...." Ameen