Sign in to follow this  
samjamaa

is it something genetically?

samjamaa   

I have always wondered why Black Africans(including we) and their descendents love dancing and singing so much?

If they are happy, they start to sing and dance at once. If they are sad, they are starting to sing and play drums.

That can go over and over again during hours is something so typically African and from blacks worldwide that amazes me.

Other peoples love dancing and singing, like Polynesians, Amerindians and even Europeans, but no usually in all occasions like Black populations.

You can notes that anywhere there are black people, in different regions and cultures, so it doesn't seem something learned only.

So, I wonder, the fact that Blacks love dancing and singing so much is it something genetically?

faarah22   

yes samajamaa, it is apparently genetic. blacks have a natural rythm in their blood and flow. somalis though are not included in that boat, i don't know about your ethnicity, unless your somali bantu, we have no synchronization in dance and all those funky break dance stuff black so love. it requires muscles and fitness, we are flabby and uncoordinated most of us.. we don't even have dances except garab ruxid ala sufi xer style. most importantly there is no drum(bass) in music we more to the tune side ie guitar, uud. hope i enlightened you.

Coofle   

Narniah;796300 wrote:
I think black people are also genetically predisposed to love chicken lol (more than they love to dance.

tumblrlsgcfvjue61r36vwf.jpg

The opposite, As somalis we culturally despise chicken....

This is apparent in our culture, for instance when cattle herders are watering their camels they sing ;

"Kaalintaan dago , een darka ahayn, hadaan doorsado , inta DUUSHIYO , duufka maan cuno "

in rough translation

" Oh my cattle, When watering you, If I ever stand anywhere other than stations of the well, I might as well Eat "Birds/poultry" and corpses"

He is comparing eating poultry to eating rotten corpses....

BOB   

Faarax-Brawn;796304 wrote:
Samjamaa(btw, your name sounds swahili/sheng: it means, some dude)

Msichana anataka bwana, tafadhali umsaidie jo. hawo walendo ni wa fala..hawa elewi.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Coofle;796305 wrote:
The opposite, As somalis we culturally despise chicken....

This is apparent in our culture, for instance when cattle herders are watering their camels they sing ;

"Kaalintaan dago , een darka ahayn, hadaan doorsado , inta DUUSHIYO , duufka maan cuno "

in rough translation

" Oh my cattle, When watering you, If I ever stand anywhere other than stations of the well, I might as well Eat "Birds/poultry" and corpses"

He is comparing eating poultry to eating rotten corpses....

Anoo hilib(cad iyo cadiin waliba) arkayo,.maxaan dooray ka cuni? :)

Bob-unco, wachana na walendo...:)

peasant   

In the states chicken is the only thing besides pork which poor blacks can afford in large quantities but i dont think their love has anything to do with genetic. You acquire a taste for what you eat the most i guess.

wyre   

BOB;796314 wrote:
Msichana anataka bwana, tafadhali umsaidie jo. hawo walendo ni wa fala..hawa elewi.

Peace, Love & Unity.

:D:D