Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

What's this google privacy Sheeko?

Ok, maybe i am little slow on the uptake tonight, but i got an email from a friend who told me to change some stuff on my Gmail before March 1st or something. I looked around Google but really couldn't find anything helpful. All i read was, they are not tracking people after that date or something (didn't even now they were tracking me before :()

Can anyone explains this in a simpler term and if i need to change anything on my Gmail? Thanks.

Nope... u got alot to worry about if u have a google account and never signed to opt out of the privacy ishbel. People can even google your phone # and passwords let alone what u do.

Carafaat   

there is NO privacy on the internet. man, even the SOL moderators can check your details, your browse history, etc.

Narniah   

Basically what you needed to do was clear your history/cookies from your Google accounts before march 1st. If you haven't opted out by 1st March they can gather and store personal information about you. But yeah I wouldn't believe anything they say cause they're watching us and will exploit our privacy anyway, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

If your not a criminal or have no embarrassing secrets I wouldn't be worried.

I'd go ahead and clear your history/cookies anyway (20 seconds:

Also if you create a youtube account or Gmail or Google+ you will have profiles and accounts on all of them! E.g. i you create a Gmail you will have automatically a PUBLIC Google+ profile etc wich is bad if you use your actual details for googlemail or use it for formal purposes.

I deleted my google accounts after wiping everything. Bloody B*sterds!

^ I have no Idea. They make it very difficult waan ku wareeray when I deleted my google-mail. I don't know if I have to seperately also delete the Google+ that they would have created automatically but i do remember making everything private (automatic settings are all public) in the master settings.

Good luck!